Author Topic: Bought a Jetta TDI W/Nav package  (Read 128413 times)

Offline graham downunder

• Arena
Re: Bought a Jetta TDI W/Nav package
« Reply #140 on: December 19, 2011, 05:11:14 AM »
GM  just dose not get it ! the Unions and Government do not understand that they cannot meet the sales levels they keep revising down for the VOLT . GM management has lost the plot for the last 30 plus years .  Poor quality cars ,bad service ,bad treatment of customer , dealers overcharging for service ,just stupid marketing of some models around the world you name it they got it wrong EXCEPT for getting money from the Government .

Offline roadkoan

• Arena
  • Some are as the river, some are as the rocks.
« Reply #141 on: December 19, 2011, 08:21:35 PM »
I'm not following, was that a bad motor or something?

I have a 6.6l Duramax in my Silverado, along with an Allison transmission, and that combo is great! My truck has a full sized bed and 4 doors, it's a BFT for sure and I get nearly 20mpg on the highway. When I'm pulling the 5th wheel I get around 12mpg, unless I'm dealing with a headwind then it can drop to as low as 8mpg. The fuel economy that I get pulling is better than some get without a trailer attached.
The big engines in the BFT's were always fine, I think it was more the brief foray in to 4 cylinder diesels that gave everyone the bad impression.
My Dub (an '80 Caddy) came stock with a naturally aspirated 1.5l diesel and a 4 speed. Most of that era (in the smaller sizes mind) were similarly underpowered. Best money I ever spent on that truck was the 5 speed, so now I'm up around 45MPG and can still do highway speed! ;)
'02 C-10

Offline Conrad

« Reply #142 on: December 20, 2011, 05:06:02 AM »
The dealer tells me that my Jetta was put on a transport truck, along with 13 more cars that are Chicago bound, on 12/8. My car still isn't here as of yesterday! How can it take THAT long to get here from Houston?
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Conrad

« Reply #143 on: December 22, 2011, 04:12:47 AM »
At last! My Jetta was delivered yesterday.  ;D

She's all ready for me to pick up and I'll be doing that today.

Gonna take the train in to Chicago, my salesman is gonna pick me up at the train station. At least I won't have to deal with the damn traffic on the way in.

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Jeremy Mitchell

• COG#9899
« Reply #144 on: December 22, 2011, 06:07:22 AM »
[Bad German accent] Have fun with your new SportsVagon ya.

I see lots of hypermiling in your future.   ;)
Keeping the economy going, one tank of fuel and two tires at a time.

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #145 on: December 22, 2011, 06:11:28 AM »
Zign zee papers olt man.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #146 on: December 22, 2011, 12:28:32 PM »
Zign zee papers olt man.

He can't, all of his fingers have been broken...
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Son of Pappy

« Reply #147 on: December 22, 2011, 12:47:37 PM »
Yee Haw!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Who will be the first to join the 600 mile on a tank of fuel club?  My best has been 575, I still had an 8th of a tank left, I have never run out of fuel on anything driven or ridden, I'm kinda paranoid that way 8)

Offline graham downunder

• Arena
« Reply #148 on: December 22, 2011, 03:01:57 PM »
Conrad have a great time with your new VW  wish I could get one at US prices ,I just do not like being screwed

SOP - do not run out of fuel in a diesel ! 

Offline Jeremy Mitchell

• COG#9899
« Reply #149 on: December 22, 2011, 03:15:24 PM »
Yee Haw!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Who will be the first to join the 600 mile on a tank of fuel club?  My best has been 575, I still had an 8th of a tank left, I have never run out of fuel on anything driven or ridden, I'm kinda paranoid that way 8)

Did you get out of the car speaking Espanol like in the commercial?   ;D

2012 Passat Commercial: Vámonos
Keeping the economy going, one tank of fuel and two tires at a time.

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #150 on: December 22, 2011, 03:22:04 PM »
sprechen sie deutsch?

Son of Pappy

« Reply #151 on: December 22, 2011, 09:19:58 PM »
Klina Deutsch, and betsha (S?) Flemish.  A hunert cuntry ;D

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #152 on: December 23, 2011, 04:21:08 AM »
Wonder how Conrad made out with getting his new cage?  Possibly he's still driving it?
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #153 on: December 23, 2011, 04:47:19 AM »
Trying to get the break-in miles before he leaves the dealership.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #154 on: December 23, 2011, 05:17:29 AM »
Hey guys!

Yep, I got me a new Silverdammit in the garage today! She's a beauty and so far I'm loving that new car! Ah, that new car smell, it's almost intoxicating. It even made my garage smell better.   :o

The purchase process went smoothly and almost all was well. The only issue was that I told my salesman NOT to put any dealer stickers on the car and NOT to install the front license plate bracket. No stickers BUT when I walked to the front of the car to look her over, guess what? Yep, the freakin bracket was installed by one of the guys in service. I was pissed. I asked my salesman to come to the front of the car and take a look. He was pissed too, not even close to what I was though of course. What could I do? Of course I accepted the car, like I wasn't going to buy it cuz of that right?

My salesman fell all over himself giving me a bunch of swag items along with a card for a free tank of fuel to try and placate me. That helped a little.

Yes, in Illinois you're required to have a front license plate but I've been diving for years without one and never had an issue with The Man about it. The front ends of cars just look better without that bracket. I could take it off but the damage is done, two holes in the plastic bumper cover. I may see if I can find two plastic plugs to fill the holes. 
« Last Edit: December 23, 2011, 05:55:45 AM by Conrad »

Offline Conrad

« Reply #155 on: December 23, 2011, 05:19:55 AM »
Did you get out of the car speaking Espanol like in the commercial?   ;D

2012 Passat Commercial: Vámonos

No, but I did feel like having tacos for lunch.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #156 on: December 23, 2011, 05:21:06 AM »

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #157 on: December 23, 2011, 05:22:16 AM »
 :thumbs:

Offline Conrad

« Reply #158 on: December 23, 2011, 05:31:29 AM »
I'll snap a pic or two for your enjoyment when I get a chance.

Connie gave the new comer a dirty look when I pulled in the garage. I caressed her and told her not to worry cuz she's my true love.     :-*

Offline Conrad

« Reply #159 on: December 23, 2011, 05:45:28 AM »
One funny moment for me was when the finance manager tried to sell me the extended warranty. I stopped him before he got rolling and told him that he had better give me his best price right off the bat because I really was iffy about the ext warranty company.

His best price? $1,995!

I about busted out laughing. I said come on man! I know that there's a HUGE dealer profit involved with this warranty and that he could do better than that. All of a sudden he says, "wait a minute, I may have a coupon or two that can help." He opens his desk drawer and pulls out a $500 coupon towards the purchase of the warranty. I asked him why he didn't offer that up front and he said that the forgot about it.

Right, thanks but no thanks.