Author Topic: PAINT CODE QUESTION  (Read 1851 times)

Offline F-106

PAINT CODE QUESTION
« on: February 10, 2012, 11:08:03 AM »

Does anyone know the name of the color or the paint code of the lower grey color on an 06. Need to get some paint matched up for a project. THANKS.

IN THRUST WE TRUST

Offline yoman

Re: PAINT CODE QUESTION
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2012, 12:57:47 PM »
2002 Semi-naked Connie

Offline F-106

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2012, 01:43:05 PM »
THANKS. !!!!!
IN THRUST WE TRUST

Offline Two Skies

• Arena
  • Road? What road?!?
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2012, 03:44:12 PM »
A quick FYI.

I painted my front fender extender to match the '06 lower gray using some store bought paint at Autozone or O'Reilly, as the 'official' stuff was rather pricey.

Checking the label, I used rust-oleum high performance wheel, 248930 Graphite, in a rattle can.  It matches the '06 lowers quite closely (not exactly, but you'd have to look close to spot the difference).  After a few weeks of road grime, etc, it blends almost perfectly with the rest of the bike.  YMMV of course.

The blue uppers have been much harder to match using store bought stuff, and so far I haven't found a really close match that is frugal in cost.
2006 w/50,000+ miles and a few bruises.

MCL Fork Brace & Handlebar Risers.  Bergmen Quick Release Tank Kit, Pilot GT Front/Avon Venom Rear tire.  Trunk w/spoiler.  NGK DR8EIX plugs.  Piece of foam in airbox.  Beads on seat.  Bafflectomized.  Murphs Kneesavers & Fuse Block.  Cee Bailey Winscreen w/vent.  Heated grips.  'Custom' mirrors.