Author Topic: Who rocks the motocross helmet  (Read 3483 times)

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
Who rocks the motocross helmet
« on: February 05, 2013, 09:14:20 AM »
“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine

Offline Rhino

• Arena
Re: Who rocks the motocross helmet
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2013, 09:37:17 AM »
I wear a Shoei Hornet all the time now. Bought it for adventure biking on my DR650 but just love the extra room in front of my mouth. Doesn't feel like I'm being suffocated.

So +1 on the motocross helmet.

Offline RFH87_Connie

• Arena
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2013, 06:46:33 AM »
I've been looking at those helmets too and thinking about getting one for summer use.

So who is that anyway?  I saw it on FaceBook.
“I can truly say I had rather be at home at Mount Vernon with a friend or two about me, than to be attended at the seat of government by the officers of State and the representatives of every power of Europe.” - George Washington

Offline jayke

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2013, 02:28:00 PM »
The visor on a Dual Sport Helmet can create a lot of lift on a street bike. 

Works great on my KLR, 65 MPH and below.  Not so great on the C14 at highway speeds.  Not what you want to wear when it's really windy on the KLR either

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2013, 02:42:56 PM »
The visor on a Dual Sport Helmet can create a lot of lift on a street bike. 

Works great on my KLR, 65 MPH and below.  Not so great on the C14 at highway speeds.  Not what you want to wear when it's really windy on the KLR either

I thought that would be the case on my C14. But I have a Cee Baily windshield and my Shoei Hornet DS works great behind that. Most of the time I do have the visor open and I don't notice any lift. Maybe the windshield makes the difference.

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2013, 02:58:52 PM »
I've been looking at those helmets too and thinking about getting one for summer use.

So who is that anyway? I saw it on FaceBook.

^^^thats what my real question was too, wondering who it was at the Dragon next i was going to ask when they were there.  I go up a few times a year
“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine

Offline CRocker

• Arena
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2013, 12:45:07 AM »
Well...that pic isn't me...but, I do wear a Hi-Viz Gmax GM11 Dual Sport helmet similar to the one in the pic...no problem with lift...or noise with the shield open...of course, I do have a 26.5" Cee Bailey...and, it sure is nice to be able to block the sun with that visor!
'02 C-10