Author Topic: Shinko Verge Tires  (Read 2076 times)

Offline amigoride

Shinko Verge Tires
« on: February 01, 2017, 01:15:26 PM »
Jake Wilson has these tires on sale in our C10 size (using 120/70-18 front).
Many have had a good experience with Shinko.
Has anyone any input regarding the Verge? The rear does not appear to have much tread so I am a little concerned about wet road traction/handling.
Thanks everyone!

Offline deuce72

• 98 Concours
Re: Shinko Verge Tires
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2017, 05:05:09 PM »
I currently have the verge on mine. it has about 6500 on it and I think it has been a great tire. I do not ride in rain much, but the times I have I feel it performs well( I'm more conservative with speed). I will see how much more I get this season out of it. So far I'm pretty satisfied with shinko tires. Surely can't beat the price. I just picked up a rear shinko 230 Tour Master instead of the 777HD that many rave. Will see how that one goes.

Also, be aware that that if you run a bias in the rear and radial in the front, it may perform differently(oversteering). I have researched and read testimony enough to agree that there is no problem in running bias in the rear and radial in the front. Just wanted to mention it if this was your case.
98 Concours

Offline Charliedog

Re: Shinko Verge Tires
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2017, 07:37:40 AM »
The front tire is clearing a path for the rear tire, so as long as you're not drifting-or dirt tracking, the rear tire does not need as many grooves as the front tire does in the rain.

Also, my bike has run radial front with bias rear tires without problems for many miles.

Larry  aka  Charliedog
Bristol, TN 
CharlieDog
Bristol, TN