Author Topic: Stupid is as stupid does  (Read 33811 times)

Offline Conrad

Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline FTB530

Re: Stupid is as stupid does
« Reply #41 on: April 04, 2018, 08:18:08 AM »
Pretty crazy!

Must be some improperly installed after-market remote starter.  Properly designed/installed ones will kill the engine the moment the car is moved if the key is not present.

She probably didn't lock the doors either  ::)

My truck won’t even shift out of park if the engine is running and the key is out of the ignition,and you can’t get in it without key fob or breaking out a window!

Offline Conrad

« Reply #42 on: May 16, 2018, 04:05:42 AM »
Keyless Ignitions

Freakin amazing!

Folks are dead because they're too stupid to know how to shut their cars off.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/keyless-ignitions-led-carbon-monoxide-deaths-recalled-suit/story?id=33344253

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Online maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #43 on: May 16, 2018, 05:31:53 AM »
Keyless Ignitions  Freakin amazing!  Folks are dead because they're too stupid to know how to shut their cars off.

What is more amazing is that they can't tell when a car is running???  They shouldn't be driving in the first place.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #44 on: May 16, 2018, 05:41:13 AM »
Car should be able to text the owner...."Turn me off f**k head!"

Online maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #45 on: May 16, 2018, 03:24:53 PM »
Car should be able to text the owner...."Turn me off f**k head!"

But they still don't know HOW...
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #46 on: May 16, 2018, 05:13:54 PM »
Reply to the text....'off'.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #47 on: May 17, 2018, 04:14:52 AM »
If only auto manufacturers would supply some kind of a manual with their cars that included all the info that one needed to operate said vehicle properly.     ::)

Offline tweeter55

• Arena
  • Ride Hard...Ride Safe
« Reply #48 on: May 17, 2018, 04:23:04 AM »
If only auto manufacturers would supply some kind of a manual with their cars that included all the info that one needed to operate said vehicle properly.     ::)
You mean similar to the one that'a in everyone's glove box & never sees the light of day except when the dealer shows it to you? (Maybe) ;) ;)
Over the years:       1972 Harley Rapido
1972 Suzuki T350R  1979 BMW R100RT
1987 Honda Helix.    2006 Kawasaki Concours

Online maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #49 on: May 17, 2018, 05:36:30 AM »
I know I am not "typical", but I read the owner's manuals, front-to-back, on just about everything I buy (including vehicles).

Offline Conrad

« Reply #50 on: May 18, 2018, 04:39:39 AM »
You mean similar to the one that'a in everyone's glove box & never sees the light of day except when the dealer shows it to you? (Maybe) ;) ;)

Is that what that book is inside the glovebox? Who knew?   :o

I know I am not "typical", but I read the owner's manuals, front-to-back, on just about everything I buy (including vehicles).

I'm the same. I read them all cover to cover and in some cases I read them more than once.

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #51 on: May 18, 2018, 06:18:37 AM »
I read them as well. Like Conrad, for car or motorcycle, I read the owners manual cover to cover. Although lately I do this on line because I can make the text larger. But just about everything else, appliances, whatever, I only read the manual if there is a problem.

Offline tweeter55

• Arena
  • Ride Hard...Ride Safe
« Reply #52 on: June 14, 2018, 05:54:12 AM »
Over the years:       1972 Harley Rapido
1972 Suzuki T350R  1979 BMW R100RT
1987 Honda Helix.    2006 Kawasaki Concours

Online maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #53 on: June 14, 2018, 06:03:14 AM »
https://youtu.be/2l0wVX1aQco

"Trust me, this will stop anyone in their tracks"

Except it won't.   What an idiot.  Oh, it was from Huffington Post, no wonder...

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #55 on: June 14, 2018, 02:09:50 PM »
That certainly was stupid.  All the driver had to do was rev it up and blow her head out.   Geez.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #56 on: June 14, 2018, 05:09:08 PM »
That certainly was stupid.  All the driver had to do was rev it up and blow her head out.   Geez.

I'm thinking a low idle and walk away.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #57 on: June 14, 2018, 08:11:52 PM »
Such a humanitarian..  :rotflmao:
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Deziner

• Arena
  • Phoenix
« Reply #58 on: June 15, 2018, 06:40:46 AM »
How strange is THAT? She had her head stuck up her own tailpipe and the tailpipe of a truck at the same time....
God does not subtract from a man's life the number of hours spent riding a motorcycle

2008 C14, Muzzy exhaust, PCV, heated grips, Sergeant seat, PR4 GTs, Donovan headlight mod, Ronnies highway pegs, Cox rad guard, "The Big Rack", Grip Puppies, XM, many more made by me parts to come.....

Offline Deziner

• Arena
  • Phoenix
« Reply #59 on: June 15, 2018, 06:43:02 AM »
If she was trying to prove that she could "suck start a diesel" she did it all wrong. :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
God does not subtract from a man's life the number of hours spent riding a motorcycle

2008 C14, Muzzy exhaust, PCV, heated grips, Sergeant seat, PR4 GTs, Donovan headlight mod, Ronnies highway pegs, Cox rad guard, "The Big Rack", Grip Puppies, XM, many more made by me parts to come.....