Author Topic: Glock Goes Concealed Carry: Could This New Gun Shake Up the Market?  (Read 14770 times)

Offline jim snyder

• Arena
  • I'm married but my girlfriends name is Connie
Re: Glock Goes Concealed Carry: Could This New Gun Shake Up the Market?
« Reply #40 on: January 04, 2016, 04:03:41 AM »
The Shield has been my EDC for almost 5 years. I started out with the 9mm and went to the 40 shield about two years ago. Great gun.
"Somedays you're the windshield, and somedays you're the bug"
"An armed citizen is a patriot, and unarmed citizen is a victim"

http://community.webshots.com/user/kawadude

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #41 on: January 04, 2016, 07:22:13 AM »
GLOCK  <---like any other product thats uber-successful on the sales floor and in the field, haters gonna' hate

“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine

Offline timsatx

• Arena
« Reply #42 on: January 04, 2016, 10:20:10 AM »
My P11 has been very good to me. Admittedly the trigger is not the greatest and the plastic sights suck, but it is good enough for me that I don't feel the need to get another small gun like the shield. I will get a little bigger one next time, the G19.

Offline jim snyder

• Arena
« Reply #43 on: January 04, 2016, 03:09:10 PM »
My P11 has been very good to me. Admittedly the trigger is not the greatest and the plastic sights suck, but it is good enough for me that I don't feel the need to get another small gun like the shield. I will get a little bigger one next time, the G19.

Hey Tim,
 I took a two day close quarters reactive shooting class over ten years ago and I shot my P-11 the whole time. I kicked butt
against all of the big guns that were there. After we were done the instructor wanted to know what I was shooting and was
really impressed by the little Kel Tec.

Offline timsatx

• Arena
« Reply #44 on: January 07, 2016, 07:19:24 AM »
It is a sweet gun. I understand some folks have had issues with them, but I think that is the same with all guns.

Offline Cholla

• Arena
« Reply #45 on: January 13, 2016, 01:48:47 PM »
My first .45 was a Taurus Millennium Pro. I had some ramp issues with it right off the bat, which the factory fixed. Unfortunately, that same handgun is caught up in a recall at the moment. It ALLEGEDLY can go bang if you drop it. I've put it away and will send it in when they call for it.

I suspect that most of the time, Taurus makes an acceptable firearm. I just don't think I can stake my life on the specific issues that this one purports to have.

Semiautos are prone for issues as it is; wheel guns are much more reliable. I like semiautos, but they've got to be rock-solid for me in EDC.
Fixed it for you. To my knowledge it has never been duplicated and I've done a lot of research.I have a PT145 Millennium. We have decided to just hang on to it and continue using it and accept their "extended" warranty (how do you extend lifetime).if it ever needs anything we wil send it in for repair or replacement.
And I echo the thought on how can the Glock revolutionize concealed carry?

Oh yeah, it's a Glock, the wundergun. I have nothing against Glock,just the atitudes about them, like Harleys.
Beware the Black Widows...Feared throughout the land!

Offline jim snyder

• Arena
« Reply #46 on: January 13, 2016, 07:13:46 PM »
"And I echo the thought on how can the Glock revolutionize concealed carry?"

Exactly. Glock was 5 years late to the single stack 9/40 market. The ones who revolutionized the concealed carry market were S&W with their Shield, Ruger with their LC9 & LCR revolvers, Kahr with their CM & CW series 9 & 40. Now don't get me wrong I love my Glocks (I own three) but my
EDC weapon is either my S&W Shield 40 or my LCR .38. Glock did what they always do, they do not listen to customer requests and market trends. The single stack market has been on fire for the past 6 or 7 years and the G42, & G43 were last to the party.

Offline timsatx

• Arena
« Reply #47 on: January 20, 2016, 08:58:35 AM »
Sorry but I think it was stupid to move this here. It was purely a gun discussion.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #48 on: January 20, 2016, 04:24:59 PM »
Sorry but I think it was stupid to move this here. It was purely a gun discussion.

I already asked her yesterday in a private message why this thread was moved, since it wasn't political nor did it really stray much from the topic.  No response yet, but she might be backlogged or something.  I am glad I am not alone in my thinking (which means maybe I didn't miss anything, afterall).
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline Walker18

• Arena
« Reply #49 on: January 20, 2016, 05:14:15 PM »
Wasn't 'The Range' section created for discussions just like this??
Read through twice to make sure nothing was said that would kick it out of similar 'Range' threads,
nada..
COG#8443                                                  
AMA# 1088783
2012 C-14  'Rudy'

Offline timsatx

• Arena
« Reply #50 on: January 27, 2016, 08:04:30 AM »
Nothing yet?

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #51 on: January 27, 2016, 03:26:57 PM »
Nothing yet?

Nope.  And at this point, we should not expect anything.  Oh well.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline Eupher

• Arena
  • U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #52 on: January 27, 2016, 07:31:47 PM »
Fixed it for you. To my knowledge it has never been duplicated and I've done a lot of research.I have a PT145 Millennium. We have decided to just hang on to it and continue using it and accept their "extended" warranty (how do you extend lifetime).if it ever needs anything we wil send it in for repair or replacement.
And I echo the thought on how can the Glock revolutionize concealed carry?

Oh yeah, it's a Glock, the wundergun. I have nothing against Glock,just the atitudes about them, like Harleys.

Have you seen this one? Youtube has at least a couple videos. The first one looked so fake I'm not even going to post a link to it. Then there's this one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2fn6GFSwTEw

I can't verify the authenticity, but it appears to be genuine.
2012 C14 Arabian Candy Red
2003 Honda 919
1981 Suzuki 650E
1965 Honda S90

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #53 on: January 28, 2016, 06:54:49 AM »
Have you seen this one? Youtube has at least a couple videos. The first one looked so fake I'm not even going to post a link to it. Then there's this one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2fn6GFSwTEw

I can't verify the authenticity, but it appears to be genuine.

:yikes:

Offline timsatx

• Arena
« Reply #54 on: January 29, 2016, 06:17:49 AM »
Wow, that video is crazy

Offline Walker18

• Arena
« Reply #55 on: February 02, 2016, 06:56:53 AM »
Nothing yet?
Surely the powers to be would have explained their actions to you by now, and their reasons
for the delay in responding..
Just so curious why...
COG#8443                                                  
AMA# 1088783
2012 C-14  'Rudy'

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #56 on: February 02, 2016, 04:01:17 PM »
Surely the powers to be would have explained their actions to you by now, and their reasons
for the delay in responding..
Just so curious why...

Moderators are under no obligation to explain why they do what they do (except to Admins).  So like I said before, we will just never know.  Time to say "oh well" and move on.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #57 on: February 03, 2016, 03:57:12 AM »
Sounds like a good idea to me.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Eupher

• Arena
  • U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #58 on: February 03, 2016, 09:33:17 AM »
 Received another email from the class-action lawyer guys on the Taurus.

Meh. I ain't holding my breath.
2012 C14 Arabian Candy Red
2003 Honda 919
1981 Suzuki 650E
1965 Honda S90

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #59 on: February 03, 2016, 02:44:51 PM »
Received another email from the class-action lawyer guys on the Taurus.

Meh. I ain't holding my breath.

oooh, but if you act quickly and spend a few hours on paperwork, you might get $3 or something!!!!