Author Topic: A thread about nothing at all....  (Read 672438 times)

Offline Conrad

Re: A thread about nothing at all....
« Reply #560 on: March 15, 2012, 08:28:56 AM »
Tell Camille that her fashion sense seems to be a bit lacking.    :o
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #561 on: March 15, 2012, 08:36:12 AM »
Tell Camille that her fashion sense seems to be a bit lacking.    :o

She had on super-high heels, except for that water bank shot. And I wasn't supposed to shoot the shoes then, that was a silly out take pic =)
“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine

Son of Pappy

« Reply #562 on: March 15, 2012, 09:30:50 AM »
It's raining (still).

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #563 on: March 15, 2012, 10:06:23 AM »

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #564 on: March 15, 2012, 01:03:41 PM »
sunny in FL, c'mon down
“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine

Offline Conrad

« Reply #565 on: March 15, 2012, 01:17:49 PM »
Sunny and 76 beautiful degrees here.

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Son of Pappy

« Reply #566 on: March 15, 2012, 01:37:40 PM »
Daily car and bikewash continues.  At least it's a warmer rain today, high of 49 ;D  Liquid sunshine ;)

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #567 on: March 15, 2012, 01:45:48 PM »
The word sabot is French in origin and refers to a small wooden shoe, typically worn by peasants (not pheasants which normally do not wear shoes). As the story goes, this is the root for the word sabotage, meaning to jam up 'the works' (a machine) by sticking a shoe in there.

Now if that really was the case, don't you think the facility manager (whatever they were called back in 18th century France) would just look around the broken machine for the worker standing there with only one show?

Brian
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #568 on: March 15, 2012, 01:49:34 PM »
Must of been union.

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #569 on: March 15, 2012, 01:50:24 PM »

Offline Conrad

« Reply #570 on: March 15, 2012, 01:59:44 PM »
The word sabot is French in origin and refers to a small wooden shoe, typically worn by peasants (not pheasants which normally do not wear shoes). As the story goes, this is the root for the word sabotage, meaning to jam up 'the works' (a machine) by sticking a shoe in there.

Now if that really was the case, don't you think the facility manager (whatever they were called back in 18th century France) would just look around the broken machine for the worker standing there with only one show?

Brian

They could have planed ahead and brought in an extra shoe? Maybe even found a shoe on the side of the road on the way into work? You know how you always see one shoe on the side of the road, never two, just the one.

Son of Pappy

« Reply #571 on: March 15, 2012, 02:49:24 PM »

Brian
Good thing you didn't call it a "Clog", it could easily be mistaken for COG, creating an even bigger divide ;D

I prefer the Weapon version of sabot, I hat new shoes, much less a piece of wood carved out to fit my foot ;)

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #572 on: March 15, 2012, 03:04:31 PM »
Now that you mention it, I HAVE noticed that (one shoe on the side of the road). Plus, factories are almost always located on the sides of roads. Add to that the fact that when you see people walking, they too are almost always on the side of the road! It is becoming clear now, the whole thing is a gigantic French conspiracy! An evil plot to build factories and then have them all clogged with.... well, clogs! The root of the conspiracy is the wide spread use of roads.

Speaking of things French: I always liked the story about Napoleon wanting large shade trees lining all the avenues of France so his Grand Armee did not have to march in the hot sun. The response was something like- but General, it will take 20 years to grow trees that large. To which Napoleon responded: Yes, yes, that is why we must start right away!

Brian

They could have planed ahead and brought in an extra shoe? Maybe even found a shoe on the side of the road on the way into work? You know how you always see one shoe on the side of the road, never two, just the one.
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline jim_de_hunter

« Reply #573 on: March 15, 2012, 07:09:29 PM »
Got a flyer at work that a local university is looking for papers on "Statistics is Sports".  I developed a hypothesis about Runs vs. Hits vs. Errors (that's baseball) a few years ago.  Might be the time to dust it off and think it through a little more.

2006 ZG1000 "The Blue Monster"

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #574 on: March 15, 2012, 09:04:24 PM »
Now that you mention it, I HAVE noticed that (one shoe on the side of the road). Plus, factories are almost always located on the sides of roads. Add to that the fact that when you see people walking, they too are almost always on the side of the road! It is becoming clear now, the whole thing is a gigantic French conspiracy! An evil plot to build factories and then have them all clogged with.... well, clogs! The root of the conspiracy is the wide spread use of roads.

Speaking of things French: I always liked the story about Napoleon wanting large shade trees lining all the avenues of France so his Grand Armee did not have to march in the hot sun. The response was something like- but General, it will take 20 years to grow trees that large. To which Napoleon responded: Yes, yes, that is why we must start right away!

Brian

Doesn't take them long to produce white flags though =)

Offline CigarSki®

• Arena
  • Newb again?
« Reply #575 on: March 15, 2012, 09:06:32 PM »
Hit triple digits on the bike today
Wayne Sikorski aka CigarSki
2010 ZG1400 - South Jersey
COG 9250

Offline Conrad

« Reply #576 on: March 16, 2012, 05:01:20 AM »
Got a flyer at work that a local university is looking for papers on "Statistics is Sports".  I developed a hypothesis about Runs vs. Hits vs. Errors (that's baseball) a few years ago.  Might be the time to dust it off and think it through a little more.

How about the Cliff Notes version right quick?

Offline jim_de_hunter

« Reply #577 on: March 16, 2012, 06:15:02 PM »
How about the Cliff Notes version right quick?

When I look at the baseball box scores it seems as if the winning team always has at least half as many runs as it does the sum of its hits and the opponents errors and the losing team always has less than half as many runs as the sum of its hits and the opponents errors.  So if a team is not producing a run for every two hits, it's not going to win the ballgame.  Bases on balls give a team the opportunity to add to its run total without affecting its number of hits and double plays take away a hit without producing a run.  There's also a pitcher giving up no hits early in the game but losing game because the opponent scores on a 3 run homer after a couple of walks.

If I can find game numbers, I want to use statistics to see if the hypotheses hold and I can predict winners and losers of ball games.

2006 ZG1000 "The Blue Monster"

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #578 on: March 17, 2012, 07:56:57 PM »
Picked up new vanity, toilet, fixtures, paint, etc  from Lowes (Teressa remodeling my 2nd bathroom as I type), Ordered a Westshore Pizza, great Saturday night indeed. Although I may owe her a dinner next weekend.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #579 on: March 18, 2012, 07:21:34 AM »
That's funny Steve! I picked up a new toilet from Lowes yesterday too. The Superflush 3000! I'm kidding, it's not called that but I made my wife LOL when I said it.

This toilet can flush 24 golf balls at once! 

Toilet Flushing Demo: Champion 4 Right Height Elongated Toilet - Golf balls, cat litter, and more

Gotta install it today.