Author Topic: NC tech  (Read 3143 times)

Offline bbroj

• To be determined...
NC tech
« on: May 19, 2012, 12:11:54 PM »
I'm in need of some maintenance, nothing I can't handle on my own, with one problem. I am living here in NC (Durham area) and my garage and all of my tools are still in NY, waiting an the house there to get sold before the final move to NC. I'm looking for someone who can host for a basic maintenance tech session. I need to do a valve adjust, probably an oil change and I would like to clean and sync the carbs. I own all of the tools needed, but almost none of them are here with me. I would like to get this stuff done before heading to the National. Any takers?
'12 C-14, Vance and Hines CS One muffler, lowered pegs, tank bra, bar risers, Phil's Farkles rack with Givi V46 top box, fender extender, Bucks tail brights, Canyon Cages and much more to come!
COG 9331
http://www.zggtr.org/index.php?action=dlattach;attach=1302;type=avatar&time=1422479190

Offline sas mayhem

Re: NC tech
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2012, 02:09:38 PM »
Hey there, I'm just down the road from you in Knightdale. If I'm off this weekend Memorial. perhaps I can put aside Saturday or Sunday. I just did my valves 2 weeks ago. I have the sync tool (twinmax) and all the other stuff. Let me know.

Cheers
Ron
09 Connie
...try to live a day without doing one of the 5 D’s....Deny, Defer, Deflect, Discount and Deceit...tougher than it sounds....

Offline bbroj

• To be determined...
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2012, 02:29:37 PM »
Ron, I've been trying since I got down here to finally meet up with you, I'm game for whatever day you might be available. Let me know. Thanks!
'12 C-14, Vance and Hines CS One muffler, lowered pegs, tank bra, bar risers, Phil's Farkles rack with Givi V46 top box, fender extender, Bucks tail brights, Canyon Cages and much more to come!
COG 9331
http://www.zggtr.org/index.php?action=dlattach;attach=1302;type=avatar&time=1422479190

Offline mlf73

« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2012, 05:45:32 PM »
Let me know if you guys set something up for a session.  I don't really need to do any maintenance but it would be nice to meet up with Ron again and meet some new folks too.  I need to see what all Ron has done to his bike since I last saw it anyway...LOL.

Marlan
02 Conc- Corbin seat, Cee Baileys shield, MCL fork brace, 4 pot calipers w/zrxmopar's adapters, 310mm rotors, SS brake lines, 1.1 Sonic springs, C14 rear shock, TCro's stick coils, SiSF's economy jet kit, front tip-over bars w/hwy pegs, KB bar risers, fender extender, block off plates, HVMP bar end weights, grip heaters, Murphs fuse block, 55W HID upgrade, relo'd coolant bottle & helmet locks

Offline bbroj

• To be determined...
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2012, 06:28:17 PM »
Cool! I get to meet some folks and possibly some new riding partners! I have looked at a few houses in Fuquay-Varina, not ready to buy until we sell in NY, though.
COG 9331

Offline sas mayhem

« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2012, 08:44:17 PM »
Hey Marlan, the more the better. So far it's a green light for the plant shutting down for the weekend. If so I'll be getting off around 0500ish and home by 0545. I just need a power nap, and I'll be ready around 1300 Saturday morning. OK? I'll pm you two my address.

Cheers
Ron
09 Connie
...try to live a day without doing one of the 5 D’s....Deny, Defer, Deflect, Discount and Deceit...tougher than it sounds....

Offline mlf73

« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2012, 06:52:58 AM »
Hey Ron, that sounds good.  The weather forecast looks good and hot at this point.  I normally play tennis on Saturday mornings anyway so 1300 should work out just fine for me.  I got your PM with the address.  I've been to that Autozone a few times so finding your place shouldn't be too hard.  Let me know if there's anything that you guys need me to bring along with me.  Looking forward to it.

Marlan
02 Conc- Corbin seat, Cee Baileys shield, MCL fork brace, 4 pot calipers w/zrxmopar's adapters, 310mm rotors, SS brake lines, 1.1 Sonic springs, C14 rear shock, TCro's stick coils, SiSF's economy jet kit, front tip-over bars w/hwy pegs, KB bar risers, fender extender, block off plates, HVMP bar end weights, grip heaters, Murphs fuse block, 55W HID upgrade, relo'd coolant bottle & helmet locks

Offline bbroj

• To be determined...
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2012, 06:58:22 PM »
Sounds good to me! I'm not a beer drinker, but don't object to buying for folks helping me out. Any requests?
COG 9331

Offline edl

« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2012, 08:24:06 PM »
If you end up in Fuquay, let me know, that's where I live.  Looking to do a valve adjust and carb sync one of these days, any help or advice is welcome. 

Ed

2006 Connie

Offline Outback_Jon

• Arena
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2012, 08:40:41 PM »
If you end up in Fuquay, let me know, that's where I live.
A high school friend of mine moved there.  Hilarious name of a town for a couple of guys in high school.

You don't, by chance, know a Dan Knauss, do you?
"Outback Jon" Gould *** South Cairo, NY *** COG #9506 *** 2006 C10 "Blueline" *** CDA #0157

Offline sas mayhem

« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2012, 08:54:10 PM »
Hey Ron, that sounds good.  The weather forecast looks good and hot at this point.  I normally play tennis on Saturday mornings anyway so 1300 should work out just fine for me.  I got your PM with the address.  I've been to that Autozone a few times so finding your place shouldn't be too hard.  Let me know if there's anything that you guys need me to bring along with me.  Looking forward to it.

Marlan

The one thing that I'm lacking is a good carb adjust screw driver, and feeler guages.  I had to borrow a set.

Cheers
Ron
« Last Edit: May 22, 2012, 09:35:02 PM by sas mayhem »
09 Connie

Offline gruff54

« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2012, 03:52:53 AM »
Ron,
   Would you PM me the details? Probably won't know til Saturday morning whether I'll be able to make it. I'd like to meet some area COGger's and put faces with names. Thanks.
Mike

Offline sas mayhem

« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2012, 04:17:38 AM »
Mike
PM, sent.

Cheers
Ron
09 Connie

Offline bbroj

• To be determined...
« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2012, 04:36:16 AM »
Ron, if you could PM your adress, I'll load it in the GPS. Thanks!
COG 9331

Offline mlf73

« Reply #14 on: May 23, 2012, 06:04:37 AM »
Ron, I've got an improvised, home-made screwdriver that I use for adjusting the carbs and a cheap set of feeler gauges I'll put on the bike to bring along.  My screwdriver isn't the best but it will get the job done.

Ed,
I live in Fuquay Varina just out of town on Piney Grove - Wilbon Rd.  I may have seen you passing through town a few times.  I've seen someone on 55 Bypass and cutting up Wake Chapel Rd behind the Wilco a couple times.  Someone wearing what looked like a dark leather jacket with a couple vertical, reflective stripes up the back.......not sure of the year of the Connie though.  Let me know if you want to meet up sometime or if you want to go to the meet-up at Rons in Knightdale.  It's only about a 35-45 minute ride from here.

Marlan

Offline sas mayhem

« Reply #15 on: May 24, 2012, 01:09:50 PM »
The tech session is still a go, everyone.

Cheers
Ron
09 Connie

Offline edl

« Reply #16 on: May 24, 2012, 07:16:19 PM »
Marlan, I live on the other side of town, near Purfoy Road and Holland Road.  I think I have also seen the rider you mentioned, but it was not me.  We should meet up, plan a ride, or something.  I am not available this weekend for Knightdale, but let me know when you want to get together.

Thanks, 

Ed

Offline bbroj

• To be determined...
« Reply #17 on: May 29, 2012, 06:25:53 PM »
I just wanted to say "thanks" to Ron for hosting me at his home for my tech needs. It was great to meet him and Marlan, as well as Ron's girlfriend, Debbie. Ron, Debbie and I went out for dinner after the work was done, unfortunately, Marlan couldn't join us. Ron was a gracious host to a fault, buying me dinner as a "welcome to North Carolina". There is truely something to be said for Southern Hospitality.

My bike has unfortunately suffered a setback, and it broke my heart to see it loaded onto and hauled home on a flatbed today. Nothing mechanical, the rear tire went flat. To make matters worse, I had already ordered the tires replacement and was planning on replacing it this weekend. I carry plugs and an inflator, which I used when I discovered the flat after arriving at work this morning. I plugged the hole, only to discover it still leaking and another nearby. I double plugged the original hole and pumped up the tire before heading home. The tire threw the plugs more than half way home. I double plugged and pumped again, figuring I was all set. I lost that set of plugs with about 5 miles to go to get home. I tried a few calls in vain to get a truck/trailer back to the camper, but when a flat bed tow truck stopped and offered a lift (for a small fee, of course) I had to accept. The worse part of this is that I am confident that the original leak was small enough to have gotten me home if I had simply added air and not plugged the tire. The tire carcass, already being worn, simply tore away when I added the plugs and the hole was beyond repair. Lesson learned.
COG 9331

Offline mlf73

« Reply #18 on: May 29, 2012, 07:36:45 PM »
Hey Blaise.  Sorry to hear about the misfortune with the tire.  I was sure that I was going to be reading something about a coolant related issue.  Glad that it wasn't.  Too bad about the tire though....that Avon looked like it still had a few miles left on it anyway.  It was great meeting you and lending a hand this past weekend.  Thanks to Ron once again for his hospitality.

Offline sas mayhem

« Reply #19 on: May 29, 2012, 09:49:53 PM »
Thanks for the kind words Blaise, anytime. Sorry to here about your tire issue. I just (today) ordered my tires from competition accessories.  I figured I don't want to be in the mountain with a slick tire.

Here goes some of the Tech pictures

Your ultra clean 06

You and Marlan getting it done

Marlans clean Silver ride.

And the departure after a great dinner  :'(

Cheers
Ron
09 Connie