Author Topic: Radio stations playing continuous Christmas music  (Read 10156 times)

Offline Gumby

• Arena
  • Black 2011
Re: Radio stations playing continuous Christmas music
« Reply #20 on: December 31, 2012, 06:52:05 AM »
No more Christmas music until November.  :)  :thumbs:

Offline T Cro ®

• Administrator
« Reply #21 on: January 01, 2013, 05:47:51 AM »
Yes, pay radio, I've listened to it, its nice, but I don't pay for things like that, modern muzak, but better. But, I do like the other suggestions too, the house with all the lights is interesting, I'd never do it though, I wouldn't want it next to my house either. Around the 15th or so, I'll go shopping for a few things and the tree will be up and I'll turn some music on. Plus, as my wife is Russian Orthodox, we will be having two celebrations, American and what she calls "little Christmas" the first week of January, we have friends over and cook a traditional Russian meal. And, I do have traditional Russian peasant Christmas music! I don't hear much of that in the stores.  ;D

Bought our first car with Sirius Radio back in 07 and only turned it on about 4 months ago and I will tell you that I wish I would never have WAITED so long to do so. Yeah its 15 bucks a month but well worth in in my opinion to not have to listen to those stupid radio jockeys and all their idiotic chatter. And one of the channels my wife found was the Christmas music all 6 or 7 of them! Me I'm locked into classic vinyl nearly all the time....
Tony P. Crochet
(SOLD) 01 Concours Winner of COG Most Modified in 2010

Offline Conrad

« Reply #22 on: January 01, 2013, 06:25:49 AM »
Bought our first car with Sirius Radio back in 07 and only turned it on about 4 months ago and I will tell you that I wish I would never have WAITED so long to do so. Yeah its 15 bucks a month but well worth in in my opinion to not have to listen to those stupid radio jockeys and all their idiotic chatter. And one of the channels my wife found was the Christmas music all 6 or 7 of them! Me I'm locked into classic vinyl nearly all the time....

You're paying $180 per year?!?!    :o  I hope that they at least kissed you after that screwing?     :-*

Do NOT pay full price for your Sirius subscription! Our new Jetta came with a 90 day free subscription and when it was time to sign up for a real subscription I was able to get 6 months for $27 with tax. You have to be willing to tell the folks that you'll walk away unless they give you the good price, and they will, but you have to be firm. When you call be sure to mention that you can use your smart phone to stream music to your car (even if you don't) and that you will if you can't get a good price on Sirius.  You also have to call them right before your 6 months is up and do it again, I've done this three times already. I sent myself a time delayed e-mail to remind me to make the calls.
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline T Cro ®

• Administrator
« Reply #23 on: January 01, 2013, 06:51:59 AM »
Thanks Conrad, I will keep that info in mind for the next go round; as afirst timer it never occurred to me to barter with them about the price. I did get 12 for 11 though... It's too bad that they don't offer different sized packages like the cable/sat company do as there are just way too many channels.
Tony P. Crochet

Offline Conrad

« Reply #24 on: January 01, 2013, 07:02:35 AM »
Thanks Conrad, I will keep that info in mind for the next go round; as afirst timer it never occurred to me to barter with them about the price. I did get 12 for 11 though... It's too bad that they don't offer different sized packages like the cable/sat company do as there are just way too many channels.

Be sure to call them right before your subscription is set to renew. They prolly have your CC info on file and they will just auto bill it for the renewal price unless you tell them otherwise.

They do have different sized packages. I have the music only sub since I couldn't care less about 'talk radio'.

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline T Cro ®

• Administrator
« Reply #25 on: January 01, 2013, 07:30:25 AM »
.... They do have different sized packages. I have the music only sub since I couldn't care less about 'talk radio'.

Let me restate that: They should offer "more" different sized packages as I have the smallest package (XM Select) as I too could care less about talk radio and sports channels...
Tony P. Crochet

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #26 on: January 01, 2013, 07:56:28 AM »
Let me restate that: They should offer "more" different sized packages as I have the smallest package (XM Select) as I too could care less about talk radio and sports channels...

Smallest package, eh?  :rotflmao:   The year is starting off most excellently!  Keep em coming, T.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline T Cro ®

• Administrator
« Reply #27 on: January 01, 2013, 08:04:16 AM »
Smallest package, eh?  :rotflmao:   The year is starting off most excellently!  Keep em coming, T.

DIRTY MINDED PERVERT !!!   :-*
Tony P. Crochet

Offline Conrad

« Reply #28 on: January 01, 2013, 08:24:41 AM »
 :rotflmao:

Offline DeansZG

« Reply #29 on: January 01, 2013, 08:25:22 AM »
>>>SNIP<<<Yeah its 15 bucks a month but well worth in in my opinion to not have to listen to those stupid radio jockeys and all their idiotic chatter.

Tony, Tony, Tony,
   How can you not like Bob & Tom & Kristi?   It's like my morning cup-o-jo.    ;D
'99 C10 "MissTriss" *sold*
'04 ZZR1200 "Sweet heart" *sold*
'81 GL1100 Interstate "Puttz"*sold*
'00 K12LT..."Battleship Galactica".....

Offline Strawboss

« Reply #30 on: January 02, 2013, 08:43:48 AM »
Rejoice all, continuous holiday music is now over until next Thnaksgiving day! I say holiday and NOT Christmas as they played  mostly secular music as opposed to Religious music as there are maybe 50 songs actually written for Christmas that are not secular in nature that play well on the radio. Over the course of the month, I think I heard "Jingle Bell Rock" and "Rockin' around the Christmas Tree" maybe a total of over 100 times, sometimes 5 times a day on the same station. I'm not kidding. I hope to never hear those two songs again ever in my natural lifetime.
COG 5852-AMA Life 302525-NRA 9098599-SASS
2001 Concours-1982 KZ550A-1979 Triumph Bonneville-1995 Honda SA50

Offline Conrad

« Reply #31 on: January 02, 2013, 09:20:09 AM »
Rejoice all, continuous holiday music is now over until next Thnaksgiving day! I say holiday and NOT Christmas as they played  mostly secular music as opposed to Religious music as there are maybe 50 songs actually written for Christmas that are not secular in nature that play well on the radio. Over the course of the month, I think I heard "Jingle Bell Rock" and "Rockin' around the Christmas Tree" maybe a total of over 100 times, sometimes 5 times a day on the same station. I'm not kidding. I hope to never hear those two songs again ever in my natural lifetime.

I somehow, pure dumb luck I'm sure, managed not to hear either one of those songs at all this season.   :)

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #32 on: January 02, 2013, 09:24:59 AM »
I somehow, pure dumb luck I'm sure, managed not to hear either one of those songs at all this season.   :)

+1 I also managed not hear "12 days of Christmas" all season.

Offline Strawboss

« Reply #33 on: January 02, 2013, 09:32:44 AM »
The problem now is that all the retail stores have this stuff playing, everywhere, even the grocery store. Supposed to get you in the buying mood, I understand that, capitolism. Its VERY difficult to escape, I won't pay to do it, I'm sure its doubly difficult for folks with kids that try to retain and follow traditions and remember what its all about, doable, just difficult. Basically, turn off the TV, radio and put earmuffs on when going to the store. Glad theres no Easter music. ;D

Offline pb

« Reply #34 on: January 02, 2013, 10:06:47 AM »
Been moaning about this for long while.  ;D
Course the wife loves it.
So it makes me the Scrooge  ;D

This year I removed that radio station from the button in the car till it was over.
I enjoy the tunes my self to a point, but at some point, it starts feel like some kind of Chinese torture.  :o

Once I figured out my cell phone will work with regular ear-buds and still let me talk using the phones mic.
I just started wearing my ear buds in the stores.

Now I can listen to my preferred noise pollution and not disturb others.

Offline Strawboss

« Reply #35 on: January 02, 2013, 12:09:29 PM »
I was almost there pb doing the same thing. My solution, stop going to the store. Its also on all the phones playing while your on hold. Its because I think Christmas is so important that I'm able to ignore someone who would call me a scrooge because I don't believe in or enjoy non stop secular holiday music that utterly permeates my life and I'm able to peafully coexist with them.

Offline pb

« Reply #36 on: January 02, 2013, 07:56:26 PM »
strawboss- if only I could avoid going to the store. but unfortunately I don't make enough cash to pay others to do it form me.  ;D  dang it. 

now if i could just invent one of those replicators from Star Trek..

I could afford it, but not need it.  ;D

anyway it not that I hate the music. I just git my fill quickly.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #37 on: January 03, 2013, 05:18:53 AM »
I totally can't stand it and stop listening to the radio or find a station that doesn't play it as much.  I'm not religious at all but I do fancy the English Christmas carols of my childhood growing up near Upper Heyford and going to the English church school there.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline booger

« Reply #38 on: January 03, 2013, 05:20:50 PM »
Christmas music?
Not when listening to Michael Berry and Rush.