Author Topic: Finally ground down my footpeg hinges so they fold all the way up  (Read 1811 times)

Offline Mort Canard

It can take me a while to get stuff through my head.  A friend with a Connie told me to grind down the outside of the hinge material on the riders footpegs so they would not break off in a tip over.  Well it cost me about $100 but my new RH foot peg has now been ground down and so has the LH side.  Both pegs now fold up parallel to their mounting brackets. 

I was pulling into a parking stall, grabbed a hand full of front brake and ended up leaning to far over for me to right the bike while straddling it. So I let it down slowly but that was enough on the hard surface to snap the peg and the mounting bracket on the RH side.  Lesson learned! 

If you have been postponing this mod like me, spend the time so ya don't have ta spend the money. 

Mort
Little wheel turns by the fire and the rod.
Big wheel turns by the grace of god.
Every time that wheel comes round,
'Bound to cover just a little more ground.

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• Arena
  • WHISKEY.Tango.Foxtrot.
Re: Finally ground down my footpeg hinges so they fold all the way up
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2016, 07:33:06 PM »
good job, glad you resurected one of the most useful preventative things we have to preclude costly damage

grinding the radius on the peg makes it imperivious to simple topples, and doesn'nt cost a cent

good job

46 YEARS OF KAW.....  47 years of DEVO..

Offline connie_rider

Re: Finally ground down my footpeg hinges so they fold all the way up
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2016, 11:49:27 AM »
It's been so long since I ground mine, that I had forgotten.

I suspect the newer folks aren't aware of the trick?

Ride safe, Ted