Author Topic: First ride home  (Read 2966 times)

Offline mikeb2411

First ride home
« on: June 02, 2014, 01:13:02 PM »
Picked up my 2012 C14 this weekend and rode the 2.5 hour ride home...AWESOME! It's been 19 years since I was on a bike last and that was the ZX-6. I've known for years I wanted the Concours but had no clue how much I was going to love the bike...I LOVE IT! My wife hates it because I love it but she'll get over it! My commute to work is an 80 mile round trip and I made the first ride to work today...made coming to work WAY BETTER! Can't wait to ride home. I have been reading posts on this forum for a long time and tried to keep up with the Concours and the way people feel about it. The forum kept me pumped for the bike but now I see why everyone loves it so much! It's nice to be back and it's nice to be doing it on the Concours...can't believe I waited this long!
Mike
Ojai, CA
2016 Black Triumph Trophy SE

Offline JoeRau

• Arena
Re: First ride home
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2014, 01:39:04 PM »
Congrats.  Enjoy!
2012 C14.  Black
COG member 10990

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2014, 01:40:22 PM »
Lot of women don't like the competition. Have fun.

Offline JoeRau

• Arena
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2014, 01:46:21 PM »
Wise man once told me "It is easier to get forgiveness than permission".  Always thought that sign should be put several different stores.
2012 C14.  Black
COG member 10990

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2014, 02:43:57 PM »
Congrats and enjoy the new bike. If you have to commute 80 miles, a nice bike is the only way to do it without going crazy IMHO.

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2014, 04:18:21 PM »
Grats Mike!  :chugbeer:

Offline tweeter55

• Arena
  • Ride Hard...Ride Safe
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2014, 07:01:02 PM »
Congratulations on the purchase, Mike. Let me get this straight...
My commute to work is an 80 mile round trip and I made the first ride to work today...made coming to work WAY BETTER! Can't wait to ride home.
You were still at work when you typed this? :finger_fing11: :finger_fing11: :finger_fing11:
Over the years:       1972 Harley Rapido
1972 Suzuki T350R  1979 BMW R100RT
1987 Honda Helix.    2006 Kawasaki Concours

Offline Conrad

« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2014, 04:52:19 AM »
Picked up my 2012 C14 this weekend and rode the 2.5 hour ride home...AWESOME! It's been 19 years since I was on a bike last and that was the ZX-6. I've known for years I wanted the Concours but had no clue how much I was going to love the bike...I LOVE IT! My wife hates it because I love it but she'll get over it! My commute to work is an 80 mile round trip and I made the first ride to work today...made coming to work WAY BETTER! Can't wait to ride home. I have been reading posts on this forum for a long time and tried to keep up with the Concours and the way people feel about it. The forum kept me pumped for the bike but now I see why everyone loves it so much! It's nice to be back and it's nice to be doing it on the Concours...can't believe I waited this long!

Congrats!

My wife feels the same way about my bike. She said that she thinks that I love my C14 more than I do her. I told her that's crazy and that I don't love anything more than I do her, I love you both the same.   ;D 
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Classvino

• Longtime Kawi Rider
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2014, 01:04:36 PM »
Wise man once told me "It is easier to get forgiveness than permission"....

In my experience, any purchase or situation that this little nugget might be applicable to, usually ends up in me getting neither permission nor forgiveness.  In my house, we're moving to a grudging acceptance (or maybe she's just ignoring me)   ::)

Jamie
2013 C14 - First "new" bike
1983 CB1100F, 1977 GS850, 1974 KH750 H2, 1974 KH500 H1, 1975 KH400 S3, 1979 RD 400 Daytona......

Offline mikeb2411

« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2014, 08:40:31 AM »
Thanks for all the support guys...some of those replies are pretty funny! Been on the bike every day...can't get enough of her right now! I get home from work and look for excuses to go somewhere just to get back on it and ride.

This is probably not the place to do this but I'm going to ask anyway...I'm thinking about putting a National Cycle VStream Tall Touring Windscreen on the bike...any thoughts?
Mike
Ojai, CA

Offline Sly

« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2014, 08:48:16 AM »
Thanks for all the support guys...some of those replies are pretty funny! Been on the bike every day...can't get enough of her right now! I get home from work and look for excuses to go somewhere just to get back on it and ride.

This is probably not the place to do this but I'm going to ask anyway...I'm thinking about putting a National Cycle VStream Tall Touring Windscreen on the bike...any thoughts?

Congrats, I got myself a ’12 also, Black ‘cause it’s FAST  ;D As for the VStream, I love mine, I’m 6’ and the wind noise from the stock was driving me crazy, Best investment IMHO..

Offline petepro

« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2014, 11:09:28 AM »

Search the posts and put your name on the list for the "Try a windshield for free"     I did it a month or so ago and it really is a nice
way to try four different windshields for free.

Be careful about going to large.  The larger you go the less air you get, the more heat you feel and the tougher it is to stay fog free in the rain.

2012 Concours 14abs - 2013 - Current
2002 BMW R1150R - 2012-2013
1995 Honda 750 Nighthawk - 2001-2009
1984 Suzuki GS1150ES - 1987

Offline mikeb2411

« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2014, 02:15:54 PM »
Thanks guys! I'm 6'1" and the wind noise is driving me crazy too! Plus, I live in So Cal but in a small town that gets cold in the winter...in the 20's kind-of-cold (I know, nothing compared to a lot of you out there). I have read that if you're around the 6' tall range the windscreen is awesome! That's what I'm hoping for.

BTW, how difficult is it to remove the screen that's on there now??

Thanks again!
Mike
Ojai, CA

Offline mikeb2411

« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2014, 02:19:22 PM »
Sly, I picked up the red one...red/brown/black depending on the light. Mine's pretty fast too!   ;D

I actually have mine in the shop as I type getting the 5K service done.
Mike
Ojai, CA