Author Topic: South Bay Area listen up! - 2008 C14 with a broken Immobilizer ECU - Best Offer  (Read 962 times)

Offline Tree

• 21 Year Submarine Veteran - GO NAVY!
That's correct. I am selling 'Ol Sparky.  The Immobilizer ECU has given up after years of battery drain and low voltage startups.  So, the bike needs another Immobilizer ECU for it to run again.  Included with the bike:

Kawi KDS with a good/repaired/used FI ECU, Saddlebags w/internal soft bags, top box, INNOV dual camera, Touring seat, Angel GT II, Kriss Industries Headlight modulator.

Mileage? 75000 plus. Condition? (other than a broken ECU) is consistent with a 13 year old bike that has been dropped a couple of times.

Basically you need a truck or trailer to fetch the bike (it's in the South Bay).

So, if you have the mechanical savvy then all you need is an Immobilizer ECU. Then use KDS (included) to set it up. You will need a PC with Windows XP to run KDS.

PM me if your interested or have any questions.

Offline jwh20

Could you be more specific about "south bay"? 

Offline speedracersworld

• 817-821-0448
    • Speedracersworld
Which Bay Area? San Francisco Bay?
There's more to Life than the Mainstream Media or "Reality" TV! Question Everything!

2008 Atomic Silver C-14

Offline Tree

I assumed everyone knew I was talking about San Francisco South Bay in the town of San Martin.  :)  PM me if you need more info. This bike is sitting around collecting dust.  The next stop is the salvage yard.

BTW, just to clarify, I am including a complete KDS3 system to install the replacement Immobilizer ECU.  KDS3 requires XP, you might need a time machine to get a laptop.  So, for around $700 in parts you should have a restored C14.

It also has the Kriss Industries headlight modulator, a really loud horn, and fairly new tires.

Offline Tree

Update.  The bike is bricked without the Immobilizer ECU.  I am keeping it up for sale on CL in San Francisco, South Bay area. Meanwhile I am trying to find a Salvage Yard Special from which to extract the ECU.

So:
1. It's still for sale. $2000 obo on CL.
2. I'm looking for another ECU to bring her back.
2a. If you know of a salvage Connie that's fairly close to me... lmk

I have yet to verify the Part Number vs. model year specifics.  I guess I had better do that.

Offline zarticus

• Arena
There are about 50 used ECU's on ebay right now, Here's just one of them

https://www.ebay.com/itm/114906943916?hash=item1ac0fcd1ac:g:etMAAOSw~V9g~e2p
2012 Kawasaki Concours 14 -  Candy Arabian Red
2014 Kawasaki Vaquero - Candy Burnt Orange
1986 Honda V65 Magna - Black
1984 Honda V65 Magna - Black

Offline speedracersworld

• 817-821-0448
    • Speedracersworld
Found this set on ebay. Same seller & hopefully off the same bike.
There's more to Life than the Mainstream Media or "Reality" TV! Question Everything!

2008 Atomic Silver C-14