Author Topic: Yamaha Stratoliner?  (Read 1674 times)

Offline bubfryder

• 2009 C14
Yamaha Stratoliner?
« on: February 02, 2013, 10:52:33 AM »
I'm considering a change, and have floated an ad out on Craigslist soliciting a trade for my '09 Connie.  I've have the usual oddballs offers, but one that has caught my eye is an '07 Strat w/ low miles.  Anyone out there have any experience with one?  I've dug around and everyone seems to enjoy them, but any info or insight would be greatly appreciated, thanks! 8)

Offline Pokey

• Arena
  • WESTERVILLE OHIO 'Twit"
Re: Yamaha Stratoliner?
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2013, 01:26:26 PM »
My best buds Dad has one and he loves it, pretty big hoss of a bike though and you can feel that for sure. No cruise and no front fairing, would be enough for me to not get one.  The engine really hauls ass and is silky smooth, and of course is reliable as a hammer. I will pony up for a Street Glide if I ever go the cruiser/touring route, I am a big fan of that bike for many reasons.
2006 DL1000  2006 SV650
08 C14 "gone"

"All we have to do is decide what to do with the time given to us". Gandalf the Grey

Offline BMahar

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2013, 01:39:07 PM »
   A riding friend had a 2009 Black Stratoliner and he really liked it. The only drawback for him was the lack of cornering clearence. He was constantly dragging the floorboards and some under carriage parts. Being as how we did much of our riding in the foothills and mountains he sold the Yamaha and got a Sport Touring bike, much like your Concours.
 Brent   
2011 Concours ABS, Black

Offline Walker18

• Arena
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2013, 02:39:23 PM »
Test rode a 2011 during a new dealership opening. I like the bike, but I had a few issues with it,
and it was enough for me to turn my back to it. First, I kept hitting the rev limiter, just so used to my Connie, 2nd, no
weather protection, and I felt like a kite catching all the wind throughout the ride. When we got back to the dealership
about 40 minutes later, I was feeling fatigued from the resistance, guess I'm really spoiled. 3rd, the seating position
put all my weight on my tailbone, so an all day ride would probably kill me. It is a great looker, and completely different
from a sport tourer, a good cruiser, just not for me.
In my opinion, the C-14 is highly superior to the Stratoliner, in every way, so make sure if you trade, that you get
cash too..
COG#8443                                                  
AMA# 1088783
2012 C-14  'Rudy'