Author Topic: What did you do to your Concours today?  (Read 853200 times)

sailor_chic

Re: What did you do to your Concours today?
« Reply #200 on: November 01, 2014, 08:00:02 AM »
My Givi V47NNT arrived on Thursday afternoon. I didnt get to put it on the bike until yesterday. Having Phils's rack, It went on in 5 seconds and looks great!

AlbertaDoug

« Reply #201 on: November 01, 2014, 01:11:39 PM »
Went for a ride to the foothills then turned back, temp kept dropping. Grips on high and vest on medium got me home in 30* f , toes cold at 150km though.

Offline JoeRau

• Arena
« Reply #202 on: November 01, 2014, 03:37:24 PM »
I could only bring myself to walk past my C14 today on the way out the door for work.  16 degrees is not what I consider riding weather.  I'm planning on putting it in storage Tuesday.  Right after I vote, and before I go to my deer stand.  I give up for 2014!
2012 C14.  Black
COG member 10990

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #203 on: November 01, 2014, 04:49:07 PM »
I could only bring myself to walk past my C14 today on the way out the door for work.  16 degrees is not what I consider riding weather.  I'm planning on putting it in storage Tuesday.

16F?  Wow.  That is totally too cold :)

And here I was complaining about 48F riding last night.  Getting older sucks, I think my cold tolerance has moved 1 degree every year or something for the last 8 years.  At this rate, I will be a popsicle much of the year.  Of course, my heat tolerance hasn't stayed the same either...
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline tomp

« Reply #204 on: November 01, 2014, 06:51:49 PM »
Gonna be in the 80's here for a few more days and then drop and stay in the 70s for at least another week.  We have finally gotten our perfect riding weather, and I gotta work 11 hr days, now.  Just NOT fair, dammit...tp
Living in the Texas Coast...

Offline Conrad

« Reply #205 on: November 02, 2014, 05:16:30 AM »
16F?  Wow.  That is totally too cold :)

And here I was complaining about 48F riding last night.  Getting older sucks, I think my cold tolerance has moved 1 degree every year or something for the last 8 years.  At this rate, I will be a popsicle much of the year.  Of course, my heat tolerance hasn't stayed the same either...

I don't think that you'd care for the alternative Max!   :)
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Conrad

« Reply #206 on: November 02, 2014, 05:25:10 AM »
Like I said earlier, I am fighting the urge to purchase a CS one

Why fight it, go ahead and just give in.    :)

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #207 on: November 02, 2014, 05:54:28 AM »
I don't think that you'd care for the alternative Max!   :)
If you successfully tried the alternative how would you know which you'd prefer?  ???

Offline Conrad

« Reply #208 on: November 02, 2014, 06:13:33 AM »
If you successfully tried the alternative how would you know which you'd prefer?  ???

sailor_chic

« Reply #209 on: November 02, 2014, 07:10:43 AM »
Why fight it, go ahead and just give in.    :)

I am very weak, so influence like this could cause problems. I do want to change it out, but also have other things on the list that have precedence. Im still in a quandary on what to do with the handlebars. I have murphs wedges already, but still not acceptable. I am leaning towards PE bars, but they are EXPENSIVE!
I also trying to fill my piggy bank for a 14 day road trip in June. So that is the reason I trying to abstain from buying a CS One.

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #210 on: November 02, 2014, 07:34:29 AM »
There is the LSL handle bar option from Murph. http://www.murphskits.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=387
I ended up with an LSL adapter/riser with old model C10 Helibars which works well for me. I think you can contact Spiegler...
http://www.spieglerusa.com/ ....and buy just the adapter/riser and then buy this... http://www.dx.com/p/moxi-universal-aluminum-alloy-steering-handle-bar-for-motorcycle-black-308489#.VAuGPPmwK7g .... Just a few more options.

AlbertaDoug

« Reply #211 on: November 02, 2014, 08:53:28 AM »
Woke up to 3"  of crystalline water ice with another 3"-6" in the forecast. Going to add http://www.cabelas.com/catalog/product.jsp?productId=737172&productVariantId=1209999&WT.srch=1&WT.tsrc=PPC&rid=20&WT.mc_id=GOOGLE%7C19357_Boating+Outboards+%26+Accessories_Oil%2C+Lubes%2C+%26+Fuel+Additives%7CUSA&WT.z_mc_id1=43700001029337046&gclid=CJ3guvag3MECFUxsfgodDZ4A1g&gclsrc=aw.ds
and a oil and drive train fluid change. Then make a cover out of a old Canvas Gazeboo cover, put her on stands and give her a hug for the winter sleep. 
« Last Edit: November 02, 2014, 09:51:51 AM by Rubberdown »

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #212 on: November 02, 2014, 12:02:31 PM »
Replaced the front wheel bearings.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Racer Boy

« Reply #213 on: November 02, 2014, 12:15:04 PM »
Installed a Throttlemeister.

AlbertaDoug

« Reply #214 on: November 02, 2014, 12:42:51 PM »
Installed a Throttlemeister.
Wonder if it took you as long as me to install. 10 mins tops, including changing the original count on the spacers. Didn't use the provided sleeve, was no need for it.  :chugbeer:

Offline Racer Boy

« Reply #215 on: November 03, 2014, 08:47:13 AM »
Yeah, about ten or fifteen minutes. I had to fiddle a bit with the number/thickness of the spacers. I'm still not satisfied with how quickly the throttle will close with the Throttlemeister dis-engaged. If I adjust it so the throttle snaps closed, then there isn't enough drag to keep the throttle open when the Throttlemesister is engaged.

I'll keep fiddling with it.

I didn't use the sleeve, either.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #216 on: November 04, 2014, 04:46:31 AM »
I didn't use the sleeve when I installed my Throttlemesister either.

Gotta wash the bike today. There are SO many bugs plastered to the front that I can hardly see through the windshield.    :o

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #217 on: November 04, 2014, 05:57:55 AM »
Why?  Bugs give a bike character, plus all the pretty colors.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

AlbertaDoug

« Reply #218 on: November 04, 2014, 06:16:45 AM »
 ;D
Like riding a multie coloured pinto. Or you can connect the dots and see what you come up with.
 ;)

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #219 on: November 04, 2014, 07:57:13 AM »
Excellent idea!