Author Topic: Let's see your dog  (Read 30862 times)

Offline mikeyw64

• Arena
Re: Let's see your dog
« Reply #120 on: June 29, 2017, 01:23:44 PM »
My last dog came home with me while I was getting a load of firewood, and I only grabbed him to take him to the local pound (public dog holding area, not sure if that word works in the UK or not?)

Brian

we get that (in context) even though we don't use it (except to buy things ;)

oh and by the way this is a pound symbol, £ , not one of these, # , the latter is a hashtag (or more correctly an octothorpe)
--
space reserved for humourous sig file

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #121 on: July 04, 2017, 07:31:56 PM »
Yeah, the pound sign # usually means weight over here (or is that mass). We do not have ready access to the monetary sign 'pound' ahthough it is in the OS. £  Ha! It IS in there. You are probalby in the  same boat regarding the dollar sign. The symbol that seem to be lost or at leas on the run in the 'cent' symbol, ¢, which do not see much anymore. There is a whole movement on about getting rid of pennies anyway and rounding the smallest transaction to a nickle (5 cents, 20 to a dollar).

Brian

we get that (in context) even though we don't use it (except to buy things ;)

oh and by the way this is a pound symbol, £ , not one of these, # , the latter is a hashtag (or more correctly an octothorpe)
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline mikeyw64

• Arena
« Reply #122 on: July 04, 2017, 11:51:17 PM »
Yeah, the pound sign # usually means weight over here (or is that mass). We do not have ready access to the monetary sign 'pound' ahthough it is in the OS. £  Ha! It IS in there. You are probalby in the  same boat regarding the dollar sign. The symbol that seem to be lost or at leas on the run in the 'cent' symbol, ¢, which do not see much anymore. There is a whole movement on about getting rid of pennies anyway and rounding the smallest transaction to a nickle (5 cents, 20 to a dollar).

Brian

Nope the $ sign is easily accessible (Shift + 4) although oddly the € isnt unless you know where to look (ALT-GR + 4)

Hmmm the ¢  symbol

WOuld probably resort to the CHarMap for that if I couldn't copy'n'paste ;)
--

Offline mikeyw64

• Arena
« Reply #123 on: July 04, 2017, 11:56:24 PM »
Meanwhile back to dogs :)

http://fb.me/1wCunLz63
--

Offline mikeyw64

• Arena
« Reply #124 on: July 29, 2017, 12:16:34 AM »
Winstons hunting heritage kicked in this morning.

Out for our morning walk over at the local park/fields when he suddenly shot off and started going into the long meadow grass/wildflower area which he normally doesn't do.

Thought he might have got wind of a rabbit but as I scanned around I spotted 4 small roe deer in there.

First time with me that he has completely ignored me when I've called him (he has stopped for squirrels) although fortunately the deer eluded him and disappeared into the woods. Managed to get him back on lead before he could follow them but he was still on edge for the rest of the walk.
--

Offline Eupher

• Arena
  • U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #125 on: July 29, 2017, 06:48:04 AM »
During last night's very brief rain shower, two of our four dogs decided to camp out under my computer desk. Belle, our golden retriever, is afraid of lightning, thunder, rain, loud sounds, cameras, gunshots, fireworks, anything but food. Fred, our foster English pointer mix, is the alpha wanna-be (but not) and is also a bit nervous when it rains. Hysterical to see them buddied-up like this.
2012 C14 Arabian Candy Red
2003 Honda 919
1981 Suzuki 650E
1965 Honda S90

Offline Conrad

« Reply #126 on: July 29, 2017, 07:40:03 AM »
During last night's very brief rain shower, two of our four dogs decided to camp out under my computer desk. Belle, our golden retriever, is afraid of lightning, thunder, rain, loud sounds, cameras, gunshots, fireworks, anything but food. Fred, our foster English pointer mix, is the alpha wanna-be (but not) and is also a bit nervous when it rains. Hysterical to see them buddied-up like this.

I recognize the look on their faces. Agnes (doxie/yorkie mix, aka Dorkie) feels the same way about thunder/fireworks. She'll try to hide and then just sit there trembling.
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #127 on: July 29, 2017, 08:32:19 AM »
Well it is pretty clear from that photo that you need either 1) bigger dogs or 2) a smaller desk. :-)  Maybe the best solution would be a couple more dogs. Must keep you feet warm under there.

My dogs were mostly not concerned in the least with thunder / fireworks although my last dog, Zack, did get somewhat, oh, 'interested' in fireworks when he got pretty old. Fortunately, deafness set in and so the problem sort of slid away. I miss the mutt.

Brian

Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #128 on: July 29, 2017, 03:06:04 PM »

Have you tried a thunder blanket for their anxiety? Called by different names....thunder shirt, calming coat. One of our dogs gets a bit skittish at times and this seems to help some.

Offline banditrider

• Two wheels are all you need!
    • Off for a ride
« Reply #129 on: July 30, 2017, 12:19:18 AM »
Stop working on that bike (S10 today) and take me for walkies!

'08 Concours 14: Rad guard, Stebel, Oxford Hot grips, Projekt D Screen, Hugger, GPS mount, helmet locks & fender extender, Zumo 550, Stebel, Phil's rack & Givi V46, Sheepskin seat cover, Phillips Extreme vision +100 bulbs.

Offline mrmatty8

« Reply #130 on: July 30, 2017, 05:06:15 PM »
Sir Bentley Wellington...............aka Ball Sack........! ;D

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #131 on: July 30, 2017, 05:56:28 PM »
Oh, nice dog face.  :)

Offline Conrad

« Reply #132 on: July 31, 2017, 03:43:16 AM »
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline mikeyw64

• Arena
« Reply #133 on: July 31, 2017, 08:27:56 AM »
Winston enjoying his new "astroturf" rug in the backyard

--

Offline slolifepilot

« Reply #134 on: August 08, 2017, 01:37:26 PM »
Our lazy Shih Tzu Max.