Author Topic: Between a rock and a hard place  (Read 2865 times)

Offline Deziner

• Arena
  • Phoenix
Re: Between a rock and a hard place
« Reply #20 on: June 12, 2018, 09:18:13 AM »
Horizons are enroute. Is any one source for a Rosta cruise better than others or is it simply search the web for the best deal? I'm not concerned about the actual installation of the Rosta unit, it's really more about making the time to do it. One thing leads to another and the next thing I know my bike has been apart for months. It's not that it needs that much work, in my world, whatever come up is more pressing than what I'm currently doing.   :-\

Never had a problem with the Cramp Busters, like I mentioned previously, I've used them for years.
God does not subtract from a man's life the number of hours spent riding a motorcycle

2008 C14, Muzzy exhaust, PCV, heated grips, Sergeant seat, PR4 GTs, Donovan headlight mod, Ronnies highway pegs, Cox rad guard, "The Big Rack", Grip Puppies, XM, many more made by me parts to come.....

Offline Deziner

• Arena
  • Phoenix
« Reply #21 on: June 12, 2018, 09:18:53 AM »
And by the way, thanks for the feedback.
God does not subtract from a man's life the number of hours spent riding a motorcycle

2008 C14, Muzzy exhaust, PCV, heated grips, Sergeant seat, PR4 GTs, Donovan headlight mod, Ronnies highway pegs, Cox rad guard, "The Big Rack", Grip Puppies, XM, many more made by me parts to come.....

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #22 on: June 12, 2018, 09:48:28 AM »
Hey, this is how it is supposed to work, right? We 'gather' here for help, knowledge and mutual (and hopefully amusing) harassment. Everyone knows something that the next guy does not, and sharing this info. is the easiest way to proceed without having to try everything and newly- learn everything.

Brian

And by the way, thanks for the feedback.
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #23 on: June 12, 2018, 10:03:48 AM »
You can buy them from Murph's, who is an excellent vendor. You can also do a general search if shopping by price.

One thing I would caution you about though: there are two different types of switch from and for the Rostra: one uses klixon switches the other uses conductive buttons and a PC board. The klixon switches will corrode and fail. The PC type can be covered in grease and will last for many years, the klixon switches have not lasted over about 1 1/2 years for me although I do ride in the rain as required (on trips, rallys, riding IBA events, etc.). I always suggest buying a switch that has an 'engaged' light, and it might be worth a call to Rostra to find out what switches are of which type before buying the unit, and then get the actual CC either with the switch you want, or buy it without any switch and buy the one you want separately.

Brian

Horizons are enroute. Is any one source for a Rosta cruise better than others or is it simply search the web for the best deal? I'm not concerned about the actual installation of the Rosta unit, it's really more about making the time to do it. One thing leads to another and the next thing I know my bike has been apart for months. It's not that it needs that much work, in my world, whatever come up is more pressing than what I'm currently doing.   :-\

Never had a problem with the Cramp Busters, like I mentioned previously, I've used them for years.
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline Conniesaki

« Reply #24 on: June 12, 2018, 01:39:01 PM »
Good thread title: the rock could be one bone and the hard place an adjacent bone, with less between them than used to be.