Author Topic: Bought a Jetta TDI W/Nav package  (Read 128009 times)

Offline Conrad

Re: Bought a Jetta TDI W/Nav package
« Reply #80 on: December 07, 2011, 09:51:47 AM »
Yes, I did the internet request from Truecar.com. I got back 4 replies and they all will sell me the car I want at invoice. 2 of the 4 have my attention, their replies seemed very personable.  I've been quoted a price of $28,685 for a '12 JSW w/DSG, sunroof, body side moldings, roof spoiler, and the protection kit (TDI floor mats, trunk protector, and mud flaps) I'll just need to add the ext warranty.

This a HUGE difference from when I bought my last new car. It was almost like pulling teeth to get the invoice price deal. I walked out on 2 dealers in the process.

Have you done much reading at the TDI club site I mentioned above? The guys who seem to know what they're talking about are VERY adamant about NOT changing the oil before 5k. Check this thread out, http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?p=428452

I know that everyone has an opinion about oil changes but it makes sense what's being said at that site.
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline graham downunder

• Arena
« Reply #81 on: December 07, 2011, 04:06:30 PM »
High quality modern diesel engines do not have the need for freqent oil changes .Tollerances are much tighter , diesel oils are MUCH better than 20 years ago,Oil filtration and circulating is much better than years ago , fuel injection cut of the fuel first so there is no chance of fuel leaking past rings to contaminate the engine oil , diesel fuel dose have a better lubrication property than gasoline . THe design is for long lasting engines so bearing etc are bigger /stronger .They will happly run for 500,000 miles so at 20,000 miles a year thats  25 years of use . My Mercedes sprinter 5cylinder turbo calls for oil changes about every 12,000miles but a lot of people run them for 20,000 plus miles . Mine holds 9.5 litres of oil so check the capacity of your VW .

Offline Scaffolder

« Reply #82 on: December 07, 2011, 05:23:36 PM »
My old 2003 had oil changes every 10000 miles as requested in the manual. It might be different in the newer car books.
Joel from Maine.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #83 on: December 08, 2011, 10:35:19 AM »
I'm about thisclose to pulling the trigger on a '12 JSW TDI DSG w/sunroof & navigation. I just got off the phone with a dealer in Chicago. They have one coming from the port and it's exactly what I want. He'll sell it to me for $500 UNDER invoice. I can't go this weekend but I'll be taking a drive to Chicago next weekend and taking a test drive of one they have on the lot. If I like it, I'll be signing the papers then and waiting for my new car.

BTW, I got the fastest color. Silverdammit!

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Conrad

« Reply #84 on: December 08, 2011, 11:30:33 AM »
How cool is this sunroof!

VW sportwagen TDI panoramic sunroof demonstration

And check out this car stereo/nav system. 6 disc CD changer, sat radio, HD am/fm, and midi player.

Volkswagen RNS315 GPS system demo, review, and tips in a VW Jetta TDI

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #85 on: December 08, 2011, 02:26:28 PM »
This is good.  We can take a road trip in it next summer....
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #86 on: December 08, 2011, 02:58:18 PM »
Road trip in a car? :loco:

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #87 on: December 08, 2011, 03:00:38 PM »
You can carry more beer that way...  We can at least drive around the house a few times.  Never driven a new VW or diesel for that matter.  Maybe Conrad should be worried?
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #88 on: December 08, 2011, 03:38:25 PM »
We can make a beer and pizza run in the veedub Jim.

Hard to carry pizza on the bike.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #89 on: December 08, 2011, 03:57:35 PM »
 :thumbs:

Son of Pappy

« Reply #90 on: December 08, 2011, 04:16:07 PM »
I'm about thisclose to pulling the trigger on a '12 JSW TDI DSG w/sunroof & navigation. I just got off the phone with a dealer in Chicago. They have one coming from the port and it's exactly what I want. He'll sell it to me for $500 UNDER invoice. I can't go this weekend but I'll be taking a drive to Chicago next weekend and taking a test drive of one they have on the lot. If I like it, I'll be signing the papers then and waiting for my new car.

BTW, I got the fastest color. Silverdammit!
Outstanding!!  You wont have to tint your windows out of shame ;) 

Offline Conrad

« Reply #91 on: December 09, 2011, 04:40:07 AM »
Hey Chet,

I wanted to ask you about that extended warranty you bought for your Jetta. Is that a VW thing or some 3rd party? I've been looking for info on this but can't seem to find it. I forgot to ask my salesman about it.

Son of Pappy

« Reply #92 on: December 09, 2011, 10:15:46 AM »
Hey Chet,

I wanted to ask you about that extended warranty you bought for your Jetta. Is that a VW thing or some 3rd party? I've been looking for info on this but can't seem to find it. I forgot to ask my salesman about it.
I'll need to look, but I'm pretty sure it's through VW.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #93 on: December 09, 2011, 10:30:23 AM »
I'm full of questions, sorry.    :P

With the keyless entry/push button start, how is the warming of the glowplugs handled? On my truck, you turn the key to on and when the glowplug light turns off it's safe to start.

Son of Pappy

« Reply #94 on: December 09, 2011, 11:02:24 AM »
What I have found the smoothest for me is as I get in I touch the button, then seat belt, foot on brake and push button again, starts really quick.  If I buckle up and the start it took a coupla seconds before she cranked over, I'd guess it was the glow plugs warming up.  If you forget to put your foot on the brake pushing the button a second time shuts everything off.  I do know the glow plugs are a heck of a lot quicker then my F250.  We are leaving today for our property in E WA, 2 passes to travel through so I will see how well the traction control works, as well as see how good the mileage will be, I will do as much hyper mileage as I can.  I'll check on that ext. warranty as soon as I can.  And BTW, keep them questions coming, aint no sweat off my brow :)

Son of Pappy

« Reply #95 on: December 09, 2011, 11:24:25 AM »
Hey Chet,

http://web.vw.com/cms/vehicle-protection/landing-page/
It appears it is a plan through Fidelity Warranty Services, Inc.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #96 on: December 09, 2011, 12:44:06 PM »
http://web.vw.com/cms/vehicle-protection/landing-page/
It appears it is a plan through Fidelity Warranty Services, Inc.

So it's a 3rd party warranty endorsed by VW? When I asked my salesman about it he said that once I speak with the finance person at the dealership that I would have all my questions answered. That made me a lil nervous.  :o

Offline Conrad

« Reply #97 on: December 09, 2011, 12:48:14 PM »
What I have found the smoothest for me is as I get in I touch the button, then seat belt, foot on brake and push button again, starts really quick.  If I buckle up and the start it took a coupla seconds before she cranked over, I'd guess it was the glow plugs warming up.  If you forget to put your foot on the brake pushing the button a second time shuts everything off.  I do know the glow plugs are a heck of a lot quicker then my F250.  We are leaving today for our property in E WA, 2 passes to travel through so I will see how well the traction control works, as well as see how good the mileage will be, I will do as much hyper mileage as I can.  I'll check on that ext. warranty as soon as I can.  And BTW, keep them questions coming, aint no sweat off my brow :)

I thought it a lil strange that VW doesn't offer an engine heater on the TDI. My truck came with a heater and back when I used it more in the cold months I connected up a timer and had the heater turned on a couple of hours before I needed the truck. It may have been overkill since the truck was in a garage though.

Offline Jeremy Mitchell

• COG#9899
« Reply #98 on: December 09, 2011, 12:57:10 PM »
I thought it a lil strange that VW doesn't offer an engine heater on the TDI. My truck came with a heater and back when I used it more in the cold months I connected up a timer and had the heater turned on a couple of hours before I needed the truck. It may have been overkill since the truck was in a garage though.

Here ya go. 

http://www.frostheater.com/frostheater.htm
Keeping the economy going, one tank of fuel and two tires at a time.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #99 on: December 09, 2011, 01:11:21 PM »
Here ya go. 

http://www.frostheater.com/frostheater.htm

Thanks Jeremy! How did you come up with that? I'm all over it, as soon as I sign the papers I'm going to order that heater.