Author Topic: Fun Vermont road  (Read 3100 times)

Offline incabird

Fun Vermont road
« on: July 20, 2011, 08:49:20 PM »
Last week my wife and I took the toyhauler and bike to Lake George, NY. There are some beautiful roads and scenery up there. One day we took the bike from Lake George to Rutland, VT and up route 100 to see Ben and Jerry in Middlebury, VT. Route 100 is an absolutely beautiful ride. The road goes along the edge of the mountains with plenty of twisties to make it interesting. We then headed west to Lake Champlain and took the ferry to Essex, New York and back down to Lake George. The Adirondacks and Green mountains are well worth the trip. By the way, if you ever go to this area, the Ledgeview Campground in Lake George is a really nice place to stay. The grounds are very well maintained and the owners are helpful and personable.
2009 Red ZG14 w/typical farkels
Mentor, OH

Offline Shadowofshoe

• Arena
  • Mastiff pup/human pup
Re: Fun Vermont road
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2011, 07:58:33 PM »
Jealous- love that region.....it was my escape from LI/NYC in my 5 yrs there- when i could bail-nothing against the Metro though much fun there......didn't have bike then and that area always made me want one again!!

Mike........"apparently boycotting sentence structure"... ;D ;D   
Sooooo....we are about to be a Nation that makes you prove you have insurance-but it's not necessary to prove that you are indeed a Citizen of that Nation?

Offline con05

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2011, 08:06:17 PM »
The national is at Mt Snow on Rte. 100. One of the best kept secrets in the Northeast.
Silver 2011 C-14

Bob

« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2011, 06:23:30 AM »
100 is a long road. But the section just north of Rt4 (Killington) is my favorite. It always brings a smile to my face (unless there's a lot of traffic).  ;D

Offline potshotpanda

« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2011, 07:19:43 AM »
I found this website awhile ago and it just occurred to me it would be good for those who will be attending the National Event...

http://motorcyclevermont.com/roads/

Enjoy!  I can't make the National event this year, even though it's in my back yard (so to speak).
Jeff Poston, Fitzwilliam, NH
2006 Concours "Matilda"
Breathe In, Breathe Out, Move On - Jimmy Buffett

Offline mr t

• Arena
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2011, 07:22:15 AM »
Route 100 is in need of repaving. It's quite bumpy in some areas. Still a great road though.

Tom Taylor COG#7173

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2011, 03:22:19 PM »
Nice read - thanks!

Rub it in as I sit here in FloriDUH
“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine

Offline ssmith

• Concours Owners Group
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2011, 04:17:50 PM »

Rub it in as I sit here in FloriDUH

Ya don't have to be...
...but at least you had yer fun there last year.
Steve Smith, COG #3184
Get your own official COG # by joining the Concours Owners Group, the premier sport-touring club for Concours enthusiasts and sport-touring riders.  Click here to learn more about club membership

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2011, 11:21:29 PM »
Ya don't have to be...
...but at least you had yer fun there last year.

Yes sir, and and fun this year too, check out this thread: http://www.zggtr.org/index.php?topic=2298.0
“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine