Author Topic: Cold idle stalling  (Read 9387 times)

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
Re: Cold idle stalling
« Reply #20 on: August 02, 2015, 04:13:09 PM »
Ah the mighty power of KiPass reveals yet another facet.

Plus, it is stories like this (Kawasaki replacing the bike with a brand new one) that I think make us all glad we do not own Feegers (Fudjers).

<duckin', runnin' and grinnin'>

Great to know though and thank you for finishing off the story on the forum. Oftentimes, someone has a problem and we never hear the resolution.

Brian

Thanks for all the replies, Kawasaki replaced almost every part in the motor. including the crank, piston rings. valves, they even flew in an engineer. No one could fix the idle issue or stalling. So they gave me a brand new 2013 Concours C14 ABS. No complaints here. This bike runs like a charm. The idle stays at 1400 rpm all the time.
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline JS_racer

« Reply #21 on: August 03, 2015, 05:11:05 AM »
wow,  :)

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #22 on: August 03, 2015, 07:45:06 AM »
Thanks for all the replies, Kawasaki replaced almost every part in the motor. including the crank, piston rings. valves, they even flew in an engineer. No one could fix the idle issue or stalling. So they gave me a brand new 2013 Concours C14 ABS. No complaints here. This bike runs like a charm. The idle stays at 1400 rpm all the time.

Holy cr@p! That's impressive. Congrats and way to go Mother Kaw!   :hail:

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #23 on: August 04, 2015, 06:32:22 AM »
You probably should thank the dealer as well...
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline kwakrider

• Black- 2009
« Reply #24 on: August 04, 2015, 08:30:40 AM »
Holy cr@p! That's impressive. Congrats and way to go Mother Kaw!   :hail:

Indeed!! That is VERY impressive!!  :)

elp_jc

« Reply #25 on: August 08, 2015, 01:40:40 PM »
The C14 engine idle is controlled in the ECU
You're referring to IDLE MIXTURE, not IDLE SPEED. Idle speed is controlled by a knob you have on the left side of the bike, near the shift lever. And yes, I was surprised a modern bike had idle speed adjustment, but I like it MUCH better that way ;D.

OP, congrats on the new bike, but you need to lower your idle speed to 1,200 max when fully hot. I have mine right at 1,100, and it likes it the best. The N-1 shift when stopped is less harsh too.