Author Topic: Hello from across the pond...  (Read 1751 times)

Offline kwarrgtr

Hello from across the pond...
« on: June 15, 2015, 08:11:15 AM »
hi all, I have 'moved across' from the gtr.co.uk forum, I seem to have been 'sent to Coventry'?

Dunno if you guys will know what that means?? But I bet mr google does!! I was never particularly active - IF I had something to say... then said it... if not... then kept shstum. So a recent request for help... resulted in.....  silence!!

I am in the middle of a 'significant' rebuild of my connie - due to a stationary drop WHILST CLEANING, don't ask!! Anyway, R/H fairing landed smack bang on the kerbside and shattered. So a couple of new cowling's needed. And I decided whilst I had the bike stripped, would add a Fuzeblock, a new sat nav dock and some front and rear LED's.

Then..... I noticed numerous small scratches on the panels so got them resprayed, (CN Blue), So, apart from tank and headlamp cowling.... I have a new/newly painted bike!!

BTW 'used' this forum for lots of info/pics on the Fuzeblock and LED lights install.
Like a muppet I did NOT take a photo/measure the position of decals, before I gave them to the paint shop!! 

So, I PROMISE to be (more) active on this forum, and would REALLY appreciate it if someone could give me the position of the decals on the front fender and the two long thin side panels.
I ‘could’ go to the dealer - not any other gtr’s (oops I mean connies) nearby me, but they might take a dim view if I turn up with a tape measure and ‘inspect a brand new bike)!!

Cheers - Keith

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
Re: Hello from across the pond...
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2015, 08:20:42 AM »
Welcome to the forum. C10 or C14?

If it's a 14 member ZG has several paint schemes you can search for and look at for you sticker placement.
http://www.zggtr.org/index.php?topic=12358.510

Offline kwarrgtr

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2015, 09:59:12 AM »
C14, thanks that is GORGEOUS. I was 'sorta half' tempted to do similar i.e. as I had the panels off do new colour - I have always loved. that (what I call) Kawasaki  lime green.

But I chickened out - as removing the the tank put me off, and the headlamp cowling looked like an awful lot of fiddling with small spaces and I am 'blessed' with large hands.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2015, 10:10:21 AM »
Welcome, Keith!  Please re-post that question on The Bike - C14/GTR board.  Thanks.

http://www.zggtr.org/index.php?board=2.0
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline tweeter55

• Arena
  • Ride Hard...Ride Safe
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2015, 06:13:47 PM »
Welcome  :chugbeer: to the forum!!! Look forward to hearing more from you, and...pics are next, right?
Over the years:       1972 Harley Rapido
1972 Suzuki T350R  1979 BMW R100RT
1987 Honda Helix.    2006 Kawasaki Concours

Offline Charlie747

« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2015, 01:16:49 AM »
Hi Keith and welcome to this side of the pond from your side of the pond  :chugbeer: