Author Topic: lighting problems- switch?  (Read 985 times)

Offline kzz1king

lighting problems- switch?
« on: March 25, 2019, 08:08:07 PM »
I put in the LED city lights this evening and turned on the headlights to see the contrast. My right dim does not come on.If I hit the brights it flashes a few times and then lights up. It also works on the flash to pass.  Is this all normal and the dim element is out or is it a bigger issue? Does the flash to pass only effect the right side?

I did have the switch assembly apart to check the horn switch this winter.  Thanks
Wayne
2010 CONCOURS
1974 Z-1

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
Re: lighting problems- switch?
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2019, 08:42:54 PM »
Does the flash to pass only effect the right side?

No, it puts both headlights into high beam for the duration of the pressing of the switch.

The headlight/other control switch assembly should have nothing to do with the city lights (at all)  They are even on different circuits.  So it is likely the low-beam element has failed, or the connector/wiring to it is a little wonky, perhaps disturbed by your installation.   Did you pull off the headlamp connector and move the wires and put it back on to see if it solved the problem?  If not, next step is to remove the bulb and look at it to see if the element is out, or swap it with the other bulb to see if the problem moves.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline jimmymac

• Arena
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2019, 05:03:02 PM »
Replace both headlamps now.... Sorry dude, that's the only way out. 8)
The grass isn't always greener.

Offline kzz1king

« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2019, 08:40:19 PM »

Yep. Got them ordered. Took them out last night and switched. The problem moved so must be the bulbs. Weird though.

Replace both headlamps now.... Sorry dude, that's the only way out. 8)
2010 CONCOURS
1974 Z-1

Offline jimmymac

• Arena
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2019, 03:13:34 AM »
Not really. I had a low go out unexpectedly one night, and the next day, neither one would work.
I don't remember landing any monster wheelies.... But I could have. 8)
The grass isn't always greener.