Author Topic: Carburetor tune up  (Read 5529 times)

Offline 86concours

Carburetor tune up
« on: August 08, 2014, 09:41:24 AM »
Hello all,

I have an 1986 Concours and it was left unattended over the winter.  I have drained the tank and put in a gas treatment to evaporate any moisture.   It now runs ok, but only in higher rpm.  It won't idle at all without the choke on.   I'm figuring it's the carburetors.  I am incapable of pulling off the carbs and cleaning and syncing them.  Does anyone know of a service guy in the Metro Detroit area that could do it reasonably cheap?

Thanks

Matt

Offline Steve in Sunny Fla

• Shoodaben Engineering
Re: Carburetor tune up
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2014, 09:47:17 AM »
I offer this service as a mail in option. I have you tube video's for all aspects of the job, and have done over 450 sets of concours carbs. Here's my website

https://sites.google.com/site/shoodabenengineering/intake-and-exhaust

You can link to my you tube acct through the video resource section of my site. If you want to proceed, you can email me directly through my site.

thanks, steve

Offline DeansZG

Re: Carburetor tune up
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2014, 10:16:55 AM »
Hello all,

I have an 1986 Concours and it was left unattended over the winter.  I have drained the tank and put in a gas treatment to evaporate any moisture.   It now runs ok, but only in higher rpm.  It won't idle at all without the choke on.   I'm figuring it's the carburetors.  I am incapable of pulling off the carbs and cleaning and syncing them.  Does anyone know of a service guy in the Metro Detroit area that could do it reasonably cheap?

Thanks

Matt

Matt,

If you've got the garage space, I'd be willing to ride over ( I'm also in the metro Detroit area)& lend a hand removing the carbs.
That way you'll be able to see that it's not all that intimidating of a job to do...

And......while you've got it dis-assembled that far, might as well go ahead & adjust the valves(if needed)...

Let me know,

-Dean-

p.s. If you'd rather have a shop work on it, American Wings Powersports in Wayne does good work.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2014, 07:14:02 AM by DeansZG »
'99 C10 "MissTriss" *sold*
'04 ZZR1200 "Sweet heart" *sold*
'81 GL1100 Interstate "Puttz"*sold*
'00 K12LT..."Battleship Galactica".....