Author Topic: Shocking  (Read 5107 times)

Offline StarBoy

Shocking
« on: January 27, 2013, 11:12:28 AM »
The first time I dropped my 07 GTR14 was a few months after I had bought it.I had gone to the Belfast motorcycle show with my friends and as we had arrived early we were able to park on the concourse outside the King's Hall. We were there for thirty or so minutes before the doors opened and were only in there for about two hours before leaving as we had seen everything. When we went outside however there were hundreds of bikers congregated on the concourse. Of course there was a lot of interest in my bike as they were/are relatively rare in Ireland at the time, guys were talking to me as I prepared to ride off and complementing the bike etc..Of course that's when it happened, as I was getting off the curb down I went on the right side trapped under the bike. Six guys pulled the bike off me to the cheers of hundreds of bikers.I got up,started the bike and got out of there (luckily nobody could see my face burning with embaressment under my helmet).Turned out not to be a scratch on the bike as my trapped leg had saved it...although I diden't check it out until I was thirty miles down the road!

Offline Conrad

Re: Shocking
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2013, 06:55:50 AM »
That was you?    ;)
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline StarBoy

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2013, 02:20:50 PM »
That was you?    ;)

Probably went viral, I know if I had seen someone else do it I would have just shaken my head and thought 'what a gobshite' ;D

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2013, 02:24:36 PM »
Probably went viral, I know if I had seen someone else do it I would have just shaken my head and thought 'what a gobshite' ;D
That's funny. What's a gobshite? Is that dummass in Irish?

Offline Sgt Mac

« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2013, 05:48:18 PM »

Gobshite hell, what's a dummass?

Offline StarBoy

« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2013, 06:41:23 PM »

Correct!  Hiberno English colloquialism, pronounced gob-she-oite, meaning; total idiot. Commonly used in sentences such as; " stop actin' the gobshite", translated as; "please refrain from behaving like a total idiot" and "the gobshites were hoppin' off him", translated as;" he was behaving like the sum of multiple total idiots". ;D

Offline Conrad

« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2013, 05:07:11 AM »
Correct!  Hiberno English colloquialism, pronounced gob-she-oite, meaning; total idiot. Commonly used in sentences such as; " stop actin' the gobshite", translated as; "please refrain from behaving like a total idiot" and "the gobshites were hoppin' off him", translated as;" he was behaving like the sum of multiple total idiots". ;D

Hmmmm, that reminds me of something around here. I can't quite put my finger on it...

Oh yeah, our gobshite politicians.
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline StarBoy

« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2013, 04:42:45 PM »
Hmmmm, that reminds me of something around here. I can't quite put my finger on it...

Oh yeah, our gobshite politicians.

Don't start me off about those guys :banghead:

Offline DeansZG

« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2013, 07:15:29 PM »
Don't start me off about those guys :banghead:

Nah....that's way too polite a term for those ..... public servants
'99 C10 "MissTriss" *sold*
'04 ZZR1200 "Sweet heart" *sold*
'81 GL1100 Interstate "Puttz"*sold*
'00 K12LT..."Battleship Galactica".....