Author Topic: Tying One On  (Read 2080 times)

Offline crashdb

• 2010 C14
Tying One On
« on: June 23, 2011, 04:41:56 PM »
So I'm headed on a motorcycle camping trip in August.  The fact that I hate camping aside I'm looking to see how folks are tying down the stuff that doesn't fit in the bags.  So far, I've found Rok Straps to be the best bet, but I'm up for other suggestions.  I'll probably have a tent, sleeping bag, and camp stool tied down in the rear seat area.
I feel like a new person!

Offline JetJock

• 2010 Concours in wicked fast BLUE
Re: Tying One On
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2011, 11:59:51 AM »
Get a seat bag big enough to hold those things and tie down the bag. Lotsa choices out there.

Offline DeansZG

« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2011, 06:38:29 AM »
  I'll always use / pack along one of those "spider nets"..  They come in handy & have never let me down. Cheap enough to replace them every couple of years or so also...
'99 C10 "MissTriss" *sold*
'04 ZZR1200 "Sweet heart" *sold*
'81 GL1100 Interstate "Puttz"*sold*
'00 K12LT..."Battleship Galactica".....

Offline Summit670

« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2011, 12:30:43 PM »
Put those items crosswise on your seat and the little plastic thingy behind the seat.

Larger tent, sleeping bag, folding camp chair.  Placed in tee pee config on passgenger seat and held firmly in place using 1" nylon webbing (one strap on each side).   I have not tried Rok but have used the cheapie adjustable spring loaded steel buckles on the webbing and it works great.

Thermarest on little plastic rack behind held in place by old fashioned rubber bungees.  You can adjust length of bungee by tying knot/s in it, or you can buy the bungee with multiple hole locations.  I used the flip out latches on rear to hook one end of bungee and hooked other end on the grab handle.

Lastly, I threw on a few extra adjustable fabric type bungees for holding misc items like hat, water bottle, etc, on top of the teepee setup.
Arctic Cat M8 163 rules

Sleds, Dirt Bikes, ATV's, Street Bikes, Mountain Bikes.  Heck, I guess if it has handlebars I'll give it a try.

Offline WillyP

• Suncook Carpentry
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2011, 02:12:11 PM »
Some blue web straps, some bungie straps. And my tank bag on top.