Author Topic: Winter gear thread...  (Read 29260 times)

Offline ZG

• Arena
Re: Winter gear thread...
« Reply #100 on: November 26, 2012, 10:18:44 AM »
29 degree's on the commute in to work this morning, man I'm sure loving the Gerbings heated gear!  :thumbs: :thumbs:

Offline orangewingnut

« Reply #101 on: November 26, 2012, 10:26:42 AM »
29 degree's on the commute in to work this morning, man I'm sure loving the Gerbings heated gear!  :thumbs: :thumbs:

ZG,

have you blown any fuses using your permanent controller. my 15 amp fuse blew with the gerbings' plugged in, but not turned on. Gerbing did send me a new controller, but i worry the 15 amp fuse may not be adequate when running all my gear which add up to around 13.5 amps. Gerbing's tech said i could run a 20 am fuse without any problem.

Bill

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #102 on: November 26, 2012, 10:33:41 AM »
ZG,

have you blown any fuses using your permanent controller. my 15 amp fuse blew with the gerbings' plugged in, but not turned on. Gerbing did send me a new controller, but i worry the 15 amp fuse may not be adequate when running all my gear which add up to around 13.5 amps. Gerbing's tech said i could run a 20 am fuse without any problem.

Bill

Nope, I haven't blown any fuses yet Bill, all good here.

This morning I had my Gerbings jacket liner on about 25%, Gerbings gloves & socks on about 75%, heated Corbin seat on, radar detector and Zumo 660 both on, all wired into my Fuzeblock. I had my dash display on the battery and it never dropped below 14.  :)

Offline Jeremy Mitchell

• COG#9899
« Reply #103 on: November 26, 2012, 03:47:30 PM »
Rode in 22 degree weather the other day with my Alpinestars Space jacket (with the liner in), Alpinstars ST-5 pants (no liner installed), Icon Patrol boots, Icon Patrol gloves and silk glove liners. I also have grip heaters and was completely comfortable without any heated gear.  Very satisfied with my clearance gear.  Two thumbs up!
Keeping the economy going, one tank of fuel and two tires at a time.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #104 on: November 27, 2012, 04:42:24 AM »
13 degrees here this morn, I ain't riding. I just told my wife that and she said, "well, Mr Hardcore didn't want to get cold eh?"    :o
« Last Edit: November 27, 2012, 05:37:01 AM by Conrad »
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #105 on: November 27, 2012, 05:41:46 AM »
 :yikes:
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline twowheeladdict

« Reply #106 on: November 27, 2012, 05:59:55 AM »
Lower 40s and raining this morning.  Rode the Versys since it likes to get wet.  I had on my Northface Mountain light gore-tex jacket and pants over my riding gear, TCX Infinity Gore-Tex boots, Alpinestars gore-tex gloves, fleece neck gaitor, heated vest liner and heated grips.
My Concours Travels:
2014 New England Tour http://www.zggtr.org/index.php?topic=17336.msg212077#msg212077

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #107 on: November 27, 2012, 12:46:21 PM »
13 degrees here this morn, I ain't riding. I just told my wife that and she said, "well, Mr Hardcore didn't want to get cold eh?"    :o

:rotflmao:   Good for her!

You big pussy C!  ;) ;D

Offline Conrad

« Reply #108 on: November 27, 2012, 01:13:33 PM »

:rotflmao:   Good for her!

You big pussy C!  ;) ;D

I know it J, I must be getting old.    :o

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #109 on: November 30, 2012, 12:20:28 PM »
So I'm not sure how this happened, ok I guess I do... but I just bought an Aerostich Roadcrafter one piece suit...  :o

It started out very inocent, I was looking on ebay last night for something for Jeremy (just trying to help a brutha out) and came across some used one piece "Stich" suits and became intrigued because so many of you were raving about em on here...

I went to the Stich site and filled out the "size me" section to determine my size to see if any of those ebay ones were by chance my size, if one could be had cheap enough I was intrigued...  :-\

I got an email from Stich this morning saying I would be a 44L and need alterations to legs and arms...  :o

It suprised me because I thought I'd be a 42S from their sizing chart, but they said due to my length from crotch to neck is so long ( ;) :-X ) that a 42S would not work and would give me basically an uncomfortable camel toe...  :o . He said I need a 44L to fit my crotch to neck measurement and then have about 3" taken out of the leg and arm length.

So we went on to talk about cost for new and with the needed alterations it was gonna be like $1200 all said and done, which was way too much $ since I already have winter gear...

I asked them out of curiosity how long the lead time was, he said about 6 weeks right now, that pretty much sealed it for me that this aint happening, at least not this year, and I was ok with that.  :-\

So a couple hours later I'm poking around on their site looking at other stuff and notice this section called "sale", it's basically one off stuff that for whatever reason was custom made and then the buyer didn't buy... here's the link:

http://www.aerostich.com/sale/roadcrafters/roadcrafter-one-piece-suit

Low and behold I see a 44L suit in blk/blk (which is the color combo I wanted  ;D 8) ) that had been cut 3" in the arms and legs, and the price is only $765!  ???

So I call the guy back and tell him about it and ask if this would work for me, he said oh ya I totally forgot about that suit but yes it should and is brand new! He said if it didn't work I could always have it sent back in to be altered, although that would put me back in the 6 week wait timeframe due to their current workload on alterations...

He then went on to say that they were running a special for free shipping and that they have a 30 day return policy so if I wanted to at least try it and it didn't fit right they would refund all my $ and I just pay shipping back to them. Plus, since it's already cut/altered and ready to go they could ship it out today, no 6 week wait!!!  ;D

I thought about it for about 30 seconds and then said sure, why not!  ;)  I figure worste case all I'm out is $20 for shipping to at least try it on for fit...  :)

Sorry for the long read, but it just felt like such a perfect storm coming together I couldn't pass it up and share the background on it, wish me luck on the sizing/fit.  :) 

40% off a brand new suit in the color combo I wanted and in stock to ship today with what sounds like the alterations I'd need done already done.  8)

I'll let you know when it arrives, but if it's as much the cat's pajama's as you folks on here say it looks like I'll be selling off the jacket/pants I currently have...  :-\

Now comes the wait, he said I should have it mid next week...

Here's the suit, I screen printed this before they took it down off the sale section... click it to enlarge.

Thank you Jeremy for guiding me to buy something I didn't even know I needed 24 hours ago...  :)   :chugbeer:

Uh oh...

I was drinking and ebaying last night... Came across another Stich suit (2 pc in black and in my size) that the BIN price seemed too good to pass up, so I went ahead and pulled the trigger!  :o :-\ :-[ 

So I guess now I have 2 of them, a one piece and a two piece, both in black...
What the hell do I need 2 of them for??

Oh well, it what it is... nice to have choices I guess...  :-\

Good price though don't you think? $375 shipped, comes with the additional hip and back pads ($120 value alone), seller said the suit was only used for about 1k miles...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/321032624446?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

FYI to all you kids out there, drinking and ebay is maybe dangerous, but waking up the next day to see what you bought the night before is always fun...  ;) ;D

Offline Conrad

« Reply #110 on: November 30, 2012, 12:34:49 PM »

Uh oh...

I was drinking and ebaying last night... Came across another Stich suit (2 pc in black and in my size) that the BIN price seemed too good to pass up, so I went ahead and pulled the trigger!  :o :-\ :-[ 

So I guess now I have 2 of them, a one piece and a two piece, both in black...
What the hell do I need 2 of them for??

Oh well, it what it is... nice to have choices I guess...  :-\

Good price though don't you think? $375 shipped, comes with the additional hip and back pads ($120 value alone), seller said the suit was only used for about 1k miles...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/321032624446?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

FYI to all you kids out there, drinking and ebay is maybe dangerous, but waking up the next day to see what you bought the night before is always fun...  ;) ;D

In order to save you the time and trouble of writing it up in the for sale section later J, I'm gonna go ahead and offer you $200 for it now.    ;)

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #111 on: November 30, 2012, 02:16:16 PM »
In order to save you the time and trouble of writing it up in the for sale section later J, I'm gonna go ahead and offer you $200 for it now.    ;)

:rotflmao:   Touche'

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #112 on: November 30, 2012, 03:13:43 PM »
FYI - my AC is on right now  :D
“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #113 on: November 30, 2012, 03:20:18 PM »