Author Topic: Turbocharged C14  (Read 39181 times)

Offline punkynlew1

Re: Turbocharged C14
« Reply #100 on: March 28, 2012, 02:23:05 AM »
Believe it or not, Chris Jones is just now, finally, getting around to doing my stage1 Garrett 2860 turbo installation. Just last night at 9pm, he finished the JE 9.5 CR turbo ZX14 pistons kit with new rod bolts install and is going to drop the engine back in tomorrow morning and send me pix of it apart. Chris is expecting to have the job done by the end of the week, if he can get the water/alcohol injection system and quick rpm switch/shifter by then. He is also supposed to put in ZX14 throttle bodies/injectors. Chris is one VERY busy guy. Needless to say, I'm very anxious to get my ass on the hot new machine. It's been a LONG wait. Later, amigos. Lew

Offline Jeremy Mitchell

• COG#9899
« Reply #101 on: March 28, 2012, 08:30:33 AM »
Well you need to tell Chris Jones that you have a group of men that is very impatient.  Videos and pics are what we need since we like visual stimulation.   ;D

I can't wait to see the progress.
Keeping the economy going, one tank of fuel and two tires at a time.

Offline SpazOnaConcours

« Reply #102 on: April 01, 2012, 11:51:08 PM »
....just remember to be very, very careful if you run stock injectors and/or a marginal fuel pump. I can show you what happens when either one of them start to fail. Dark times, dark times. More on that later.

And please, for the love of all that is holy, PLEASE stop using the "Stage (insert-arbitrary-number-here)" terminology.  :) It means nothing, and is really just a marketing hype/label that people have adopted/embraced to sound cool (or sell product).

Oh, what A/R sizing did you use on your turbine side btw? I'm going to assume that he used the GT28RS (same I used), but they offer 2 different turbine housings. I'd like to see how the smaller one behaves... if that is the one he opted to use. :)

Offline Fretka

« Reply #103 on: April 02, 2012, 10:01:11 AM »
Do you have any idea what crown thickness is compared to stock? Being forged we get better mechanical strength but cylinder pressures at boost still remain very high.

Fretka
Wretched excess visited upon an innocent C-14

valkmc

« Reply #104 on: April 02, 2012, 10:59:01 AM »
Spaz, did I meet you in Daytona last week? Met a guy at South Turn with a c-14 turbo.

Offline SpazOnaConcours

« Reply #105 on: April 03, 2012, 06:58:18 PM »
Unless they had the Daytona event in Tucson this year, I'm 'fraid not. :)

...And I think that crown thickness is really limited by valve clearance for our bikes Fretka: it's always going to be real thin near the intake valve. :( The compression height (distance from the center of the wristpin to the highest part of the piston) is the same for stock vs. Wossner pistons. Thickness in the center of the dish is about the same as well, but I don't have a precise measurement.

You should PM/E-mail if you get a chance... I want to bend your ear regarding a certain fellow from Florida and me just removing a stock fuel pump from my bike the other day... might be relevant to your interests.  >:(

Offline Supatramp

« Reply #106 on: April 03, 2012, 07:19:37 PM »
Spaz, did I meet you in Daytona last week? Met a guy at South Turn with a c-14 turbo.

I met him to, at bike week. He said he reads this forum, but doesn't belong. I'm sorry I didn't take a pic of his set up, but his bike was over a fence, behind the Harley dealer in town.