Author Topic: Discussion on the C14 Police Bike  (Read 51888 times)

Offline Sean K

Re: Discussion on the C14 Police Bike
« Reply #120 on: April 24, 2013, 04:10:34 PM »
What sort of problem did you have with the fork seals?

It seems strange that your shorter riders are having issues with the bars. I'm a shorter rider and have no such problems. It seems to me that the taller riders would have more issues than the shorter riders would.

We had a few of the fork seals leak.  Nothing major.

The shorter riders had issues with the stock bars because they were having to lean forward too much.  This caused two issues.  1. Fatigue to the back and wrists from working all shift in this position, as opposed to the more upright position of traditional police models.  2.  Making tight turns is tougher when you are leaning forward, I am talking about bars locked turns.  When you are sitting more upright, it is easier to turn your head back farther, thus making the turn "easier".   This is no problem with the Helibars regardless of the officer's height.

Offline 556ALPHA

• 2009 Candy Diamond Red
Re: Discussion on the C14 Police Bike
« Reply #121 on: April 24, 2013, 04:45:36 PM »
That sounds like about what I would expect.  The department close to me does not train and I doubt they could get through the offset weave so the problem you have never came to light with them.  It is essential to have proper body alignment for head and eyes.  I immediately realized how easier full lock turns were with my C14 as soon as I put the Heli's on.  I could not imagine trying to get through the 360 bent over.  As I said before the 4" risers from KAS gives a lot of pullback for about half the money but I would rather have the Heli Horizons.  Does Heli offer a municipal discount?  I would imagine you would want all the motors to be outfitted with the same gear regardless.  I wondered how a full shift was on the lower back considering the angles.