Author Topic: A funny thing happened on the way to the forum...  (Read 8383 times)

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
Re: A funny thing happened on the way to the forum...
« Reply #105 on: November 11, 2017, 08:23:58 am »
True dat and way way more than what the C14 has.
  "LOCTITE┬«"  The original thread locker...  #11  08-C14 EA FC ABS 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology.  U.N.I.T is Back!  2016 Indian Roadmaster.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #106 on: November 30, 2017, 07:27:34 am »
Well I found something on the Indian that scared the crap out of me the other night.   I don't ride much at nights so I haven't encountered the piss poor headlight.  It's so bad, that when cornering at low speeds (45 or so), I couldn't see shi*!  Had to guess where the road might be.  Thank goodness for white lines.  Straight line is barely tolerable I found out.  So I'm going to have to play with the adjustment as I did with the C14.  If that doesn't work then it's this:

https://www.customdynamics.com/indian-fairing-trubeam?cat=

and this:

https://www.customdynamics.com/hi-lo-halo-led-headlamp-adapter-for-trubeam-7?cat=40

I may just do it anyway.   One would think on a bike like this the lighting would not be an issue.   I was literally scared to death coming home the other night.

"LOCTITE┬«"  The original thread locker...  #11  08-C14 EA FC ABS 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology.  U.N.I.T is Back!  2016 Indian Roadmaster.

Offline Jim M.

• 2008 C-14
« Reply #107 on: November 30, 2017, 07:37:06 am »
Went to the Indian Demo Days at our dealer in Fredericksburg this past Friday.   Really went for the free food, though.  Item of interest is that there was one 08 bike parked there.  Never did find out who that rider was but there was another I was speaking to that had an 08 as well.  Is the Dark Side winning?  Only the Shadow knows for sure.

Just saw your post- That was me. I hit all the demo days. The Chieftain is on my short list. Unfortunately, the only Chieftain they had that day had the ape hangers. I rode it anyway, but I didn't like that at all. Still waiting to see if Indian comes out with the Flat Track replica. That would be a MUST have!