Author Topic: Movie quote thread  (Read 7768 times)

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
Movie quote thread
« on: November 19, 2017, 03:24:41 PM »
Identify the movie the quote appeared in and who said it (actor's name, character's name, or even just what charachter) and then throw the next one out.

Because I think of this as a PG or so forum, let's try to clean up some of the more harsh quotes with punctuation marks or underscores for some letters while retaining the actual words. If that is OK with the moderators of course.

An easy one to start off:

"If I'm curt with you, it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast, and I need you two guys to act fast if you want to get out of this. So pretty please, with sugar on top, clean the ****ing car.

Brian
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline just gone

• COG#9712 '10 ABS
Re: Movie quote thread
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2017, 04:30:42 PM »
Identify the movie the quote appeared in and who said it (actor's name, character's name, or even just what charachter) and then throw the next one out.

Because I think of this as a PG or so forum, let's try to clean up some of the more harsh quotes with punctuation marks or underscores for some letters while retaining the actual words. If that is OK with the moderators of course.

An easy one to start off:

"If I'm curt with you, it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast, and I need you two guys to act fast if you want to get out of this. So pretty please, with sugar on top, clean the ****ing car.

Brian

Pulp Fiction; Harvey Keitel; as "the Wolf" in response to John Trivolta's character's "A please would be nice."

assuming I'm correct,.......

"How can you trust a man who wears both a belt and suspenders?....man can't even trust his own pants." <snap>

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2017, 04:36:36 PM »
Exactly right.

And your quote came from 'Once upon a time in the West', and the person who said it was Henry Fonda. BTW: my favorite quote from that movie was something like 'We did not bring enough horses. To which Charles Bronson responds: 'No, you brought two horses too many.'.

Next quote:

"Nah – calling it your job don’t make it right, Boss."

Brian

Pulp Fiction; Harvey Keitel; as "the Wolf" in response to John Trivolta's character's "A please would be nice."

assuming I'm correct,.......

"How can you trust a man who wears both a belt and suspenders?....man can't even trust his own pants." <snap>
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline Nosmo

• "We're all in this together." - Red Green
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2017, 07:01:31 PM »

"Nah – calling it your job don’t make it right, Boss."

Paul Newman, "Cool Hand Luke".

Every motorcyclist should know this one:

"Like I said, "you don't work, you don't eat.""
A life undreamed is a waste.  A dream unlived is a sin.

Offline soonerone

« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2017, 08:21:44 PM »

Michael Parks in "Then Came Bronson."

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2017, 09:16:14 PM »
Startpage makes the game too easy :)

https://classic.startpage.com
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline just gone

• COG#9712 '10 ABS
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2017, 11:35:53 PM »
Every motorcyclist should know this one:

Michael Parks in "Then Came Bronson."

Nice work to both of you, but I believe the the title of this thread is MOVIE quote thread. Not TV quote thread.
Nosmo,  try again please.

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2017, 11:44:43 PM »
Didn't it start out as a movie and then roll over into a series? So if it did start out as a movie, was that quote from the movie or the series?

I really do not care which, but you are jogging some really dusty parts of my memory here. IIRC, Bronson picked up a dark haired woman (the wife from Die Hard many years later?) who ran away from her own wedding. They traveled a bit, then came to a job site where they cleaned bricks of old mortar for money, and used the money to buy eggs. But she was too high- falutin' to clean bricks and of course ended up with no eggs, hence the quote. ?? And no cheating, going by memory here, so it might not be right. ??

Brian

Nice work to both of you, but I believe the the title of this thread is MOVIE quote thread. Not TV quote thread.
Nosmo,  try again please.

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2017, 11:49:06 PM »
Just plain' ole' Google for the better known quotes, and IMDB.

But hey, it is just a game so if someone wants to cheat, by all means, go for it. Besides, the interesting part for me is the jarring of memories reading quotes left by other people and no 'Net engine is going to help much in choosing good quotes to post in reply.

Sort of like the opening in The Twilight Zone (the movie from the '80's) where Dan Akroyd and the other guy (can't remember) are driving and talking about old scifi shows and get to arguing about whether a particular episode was a 'Zone or an Outer Limits (I think).

Brian

Startpage makes the game too easy :)

https://classic.startpage.com

Offline mikeyw64

• Arena
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2017, 05:17:42 AM »
 "Infamy! Infamy! They've all got it in for me!"
--
space reserved for humourous sig file

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2017, 06:24:55 AM »
Me
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Nosmo

« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2017, 08:48:52 PM »
Well, the Bronson quote was from the movie but it was a made-for-TV movie, so I guess that's a no-go. OK.

Try this one:

"Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room!"

Offline just gone

• COG#9712 '10 ABS
« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2017, 11:26:02 PM »
Well, the Bronson quote was from the movie but it was a made-for-TV movie, so I guess that's a no-go. OK.

Well they called it a pilot, but yeah, I guess it was a TV movie. Sorry, I remembered the series but not the length of the first episode.
Perhaps you could do a spin-off-seriesthread about TV quotes?

Try this one:"Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room!"
Good come back quote!

Offline just gone

• COG#9712 '10 ABS
« Reply #13 on: November 20, 2017, 11:27:43 PM »

Offline mikeyw64

• Arena
« Reply #14 on: November 21, 2017, 02:26:59 AM »
"you can't fool me, there ain't no sanity clause"
--
space reserved for humourous sig file

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #15 on: November 21, 2017, 12:46:49 PM »
Dr. Strangelove but I cannot remember who delivered the line. So I will not claim this one as answered.

Brian

Try this one:

"Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room!"

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #16 on: November 21, 2017, 12:50:38 PM »
Sure but we do not seem to be doing too well with the movie quote thread so far..... :-)  If a TV show quote thread got 40% of the interest this thread is getting then it would only be getting (multiple by 0.4, carry the two, raise it to the cube, take the square root and....) no posts.  :rotflmao:

We really need someone to do something to liven this place up. Anybody want to ride cross- country carrying a SPOT? That seems to have worked in the past.

Brian

<snip>

Perhaps you could do a spin-off-seriesthread about TV quotes?

<snip>

Offline Conniesaki

« Reply #17 on: November 21, 2017, 04:06:38 PM »
Dr. Strangelove but I cannot remember who delivered the line. So I will not claim this one as answered.

Brian

Peter Sellers! Haha.

- - - - -

Next: "Joey, have you ever been in a Turkish prison?"

Offline Nosmo

« Reply #18 on: November 21, 2017, 08:04:08 PM »
Peter Sellers! Haha.

- - - - -

Next: "Joey, have you ever been in a Turkish prison?"

Peter Graves as the pilot Captain Oveur in "Airplane", one of the funniest flicks EVER.

Offline just gone

• COG#9712 '10 ABS
« Reply #19 on: November 22, 2017, 08:41:59 AM »
I know that nobody likes a stickler for the rules...(that's why max' is so popular  :D ), but this thread just isn't going to survive if we don't follow them.

Peter Graves as the pilot Captain Oveur in "Airplane", one of the funniest flicks EVER.