Author Topic: Welcome Back Folks  (Read 2170 times)

Offline mikeyw64

• Arena
Welcome Back Folks
« on: December 11, 2017, 11:47:32 AM »
looks like turning it off and back on again worked ;)
--
space reserved for humourous sig file

Offline sanmo

• Arena
Re: Welcome Back Folks
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2017, 12:40:35 PM »
I had to drop kick my laptop.... :o
2008 Silverdammit C14

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2017, 01:25:16 PM »
looks like turning it off and back on again worked ;)

Among other things, yes.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline mikeyw64

• Arena
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2017, 01:52:44 PM »

Among other things, yes.

mysqlcheck --repair --all-databases

--
space reserved for humourous sig file

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2017, 02:15:09 PM »
And here I was thinking that maybe this forum was knocked off the flat Earth by one of those pesky cats.

Brian

mysqlcheck --repair --all-databases
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2017, 03:27:30 PM »
It looks like a database was restored from a backup because it appears some posts were lost and the state of the system reverted back a day...

Thank god for backups!
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• Arena
  • WHISKEY.Tango.Foxtrot.
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2017, 05:33:42 PM »
WOW..
now the pages come up in "primitive form"...
I think Simple Machines took a dump..simply...

EDIT..
I had to log off, shut down, restart, and log back in, and now things look "normal" again...

46 YEARS OF KAW.....  47 years of DEVO..

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2017, 07:46:35 PM »
We don't like normal around here.

"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2017, 09:01:12 PM »
That routine sorta' sounds like the computer version of 'sleeping it off' there Rich.....

:-)

Brian

WOW..
now the pages come up in "primitive form"...
I think Simple Machines took a dump..simply...

EDIT..
I had to log off, shut down, restart, and log back in, and now things look "normal" again...
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline Conrad

« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2017, 04:11:12 AM »
Glad to be back and to see you guys again. I was starting to get worried.
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline MrPepsi

« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2017, 08:13:13 AM »
 :hail:
Brent Johnson 
2009 C-14 "Razzi"

Offline blue14

• Arena
« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2017, 10:01:18 AM »
Hot damn the check cleared.... :1DeadBanana
2010 C14, 2007 ZX14,  2004 KTM 300SXC

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• Arena
  • WHISKEY.Tango.Foxtrot.
« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2017, 10:21:38 AM »
That routine sorta' sounds like the computer version of 'sleeping it off' there Rich.....

:-)

Brian

yeah, I guess the computer needed to do that.. it was on all day...

it kinda reverted to a format like what the old list server used to look like.. weird..

I haven't had to do any "sleeping it off" in wayyy too long for my happiness.. unfortunately, the combo of no Job, and no free medical coverage, has me dealing with my type 2 diabetes in a primitive manner also, meaning..... no booze or drinky... ??? ??? ??? ::) :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :deadhorse:

oh well, everyone gets to pay now, as I'm such a mean person "I lay down my vengeance upon them"... kinda an "Ezekiel 25:17" thang...  but, my sugar levels are great, so, I got that workin' for me... ;)
« Last Edit: December 13, 2017, 08:34:40 AM by MAN OF BLUES »

46 YEARS OF KAW.....  47 years of DEVO..

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2017, 04:21:18 PM »
Sorry to hear about the diabetes, that can be a real PITA and a long- term health problem. I have a close relative who is a brittle diabetic (total pancreas failure) and is using an insulin pump with pretty good success, or at least that is how it seems so far (she is quite young). But I never, ever 'ride her' for not checking her blood sugar often enough, not eating 'right' and so forth because I have no idea how well I would manage that condition, but probably poorly, and besides, it is way beyond my pay grade to hand out life- advice about things like managing lifestyles for long term well- being.

So the very best of luck with your diabetes management going forward- hopefully it will remain nothing more than a minor inconvenience having to check / adjust blood sugar levels and end there.

Brian

yeah, I guess the computer needed to do that.. it was on all day...

it kinda reverted to a format like what the old list server used to look like.. weird..

I haven't had to do any "sleeping it off" in wayyy too long for my happiness.. unfortunately, the combo of no Job, and no free medical overeager, has me dealing with my type 2 diabetes in a primitive manner also, meaning..... no booze or drinky... ??? ??? ??? ::) :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :deadhorse:

oh well, everyone gets to pay now, as I'm such a mean person "I lay down my vengeance upon them"... kinda an "Ezekiel 25:17" thang...  but, my sugar levels are great, so, I got that workin' for me... ;)