Author Topic: Height Challenged  (Read 1535 times)

Offline Surf Concours

Height Challenged
« on: March 23, 2018, 01:43:55 PM »
I’m 5’8” with 31 inseam, sexy right…Can the Concours be Lowered with Lowered Rider Foot Pegs, with still enough clearance to ride safely? Obviously really want the bike. Thanks for any insights.

Offline connie_rider

Re: Height Challenged
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2018, 02:36:06 PM »
What bike have you been riding? The Connie height is a concern for some when they first get one, but becomes ok after they adapt.
I'm about the same height as you..
The Connie was ok for me when riding alone, but too tall when I have the wife with me.
I lowered the rear using Lowering Links {Available thru T-Rex}, and sliding the fork legs up an inch in the front.
Solved my problem.

Ride safe, Ted

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2018, 03:16:10 PM »
I’m 5’8” with 31 inseam, sexy right…

I am 5'7" (standing height doesn't matter on a bike) but with a 27" inseam, so you have no right to complain.  Since you have 4" longer legs, you can probably ride/handle the C14 with no modifications at all.    I could not, not without lower seat, lower bike, and taller boots.

Can the Concours be Lowered

yes

with Lowered Rider Foot Pegs, with still enough clearance to ride safely? Obviously really want the bike. Thanks for any insights.

???  Lowering the foot pegs doesn't lower the bike.  In any case, all your questions can be answered by/directed to this thread:  http://www.zggtr.org/index.php?topic=260.0

Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline Conniesaki

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2018, 03:30:13 PM »

And my inseam is < 27".... try THAT!

I am 5'7" (standing height doesn't matter on a bike) but with with a 29" inseam ...

You should be able to return bike back to stock height soon ... You're growing!  :chugbeer:

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2018, 03:39:22 PM »
You should be able to return bike back to stock height soon ... You're growing!  :chugbeer:

LOL!  Don't I wish!!!!!  Sorry, that was a typo, it is closer to 27".  I will correct the above.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline lather

• Arena
  • And I think my spaceship knows which way to go...
    • Louisiana Chapter MSTA
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2018, 04:40:45 PM »
I think the OP's question about lowered pegs on a lowered bike referred to whether the pegs would drag. The answer is yes, my lowered pegs drag and my bike is NOT lowered. However it is mostly the long feelers that drag and you can take them off. Or grind them off :). Dragging the pegs is not dangerous as long as you are expecting it and it does not startle the crap out of you. The pegs are hinged so the fold up before levering your tire off the pavement.
Nothing worse than having your balls go missing.

Offline mikeyw64

• Arena
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2018, 02:56:18 AM »
I've got a 32" inside leg and find it no problem
--
space reserved for humourous sig file

Offline tthompsr

• 2009 Black Concours
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2018, 07:51:10 PM »
30 inch inseam here, I got a Sargent lowered seat that makes it comfortable for me.