Author Topic: Error code 39  (Read 10392 times)

ang

Error code 39
« on: May 24, 2011, 03:58:45 PM »
I just started to get the f1 error code flashing once in awhile on my 08 yesterday during a short highway run, the bike continued to run fine and I made it home ok. Today I went to start the bike and I am getting an error code 39, I can't even find that one in the manual. I checked the battery and the grounding and that is fine, I am going to try disconnecting the PCV and see what happens. The bike is out of warranty.

Offline Tactical_Mik

• Lamh laidir an Uachtar
Re: Error code 39
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2011, 04:01:46 PM »
Just posted in the COG forum.  I couldn't find it either.  I did a google search and found reference to a code 39 but it was for a zx10 and listed as an ecu communication error.  The concours manual has this error listed as 37 and 38.  Hopefully someone will have an actual answer for you soon.
T.S.R.

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2011, 04:08:21 PM »
Just checked and I cannot find it in the service manual either. ?? Without some type of indication as to where to look, I think anything anyone comes up with is a pure guess.

Your idea of removing the PC V is good though and a great place to start.

Otherwise it might be worth a call directly to Kawasaki because that is all I think a dealer will do with this case.

Brian

I just started to get the f1 error code flashing once in awhile on my 08 yesterday during a short highway run, the bike continued to run fine and I made it home ok. Today I went to start the bike and I am getting an error code 39, I can't even find that one in the manual. I checked the battery and the grounding and that is fine, I am going to try disconnecting the PCV and see what happens. The bike is out of warranty.
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• Arena
  • WHISKEY.Tango.Foxtrot.
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2011, 04:16:18 PM »
......Your idea of removing the PC V is good though and a great place to start.

Otherwise it might be worth a call directly to Kawasaki because that is all I think a dealer will do with this case.

Brian

I suggest doing the removal and test prior to calling.....might find kaw's response is....
"oh, you installed a component not certified by kawasaki" "error code 39 means you messed wit our $#!+"...

:)

46 YEARS OF KAW.....  47 years of DEVO..

ang

« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2011, 04:40:03 PM »
I just disconnected the PCV and am still getting the 39. Bike starts fine though.

Offline C14PAINKILLER

« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2011, 09:41:23 PM »
Just checked my service manual Code 39=KIPASS ECU communication error, says to check Canbus communication line,

Hope this helps.
2010 PAINKILLER BLUE   COG# 9405
Rides the metal monster, breathing smoke and fire