Author Topic: Kensun HID Issues  (Read 1139 times)

Offline DennyD

Kensun HID Issues
« on: April 27, 2018, 08:20:31 AM »
Howdy all.  I bought the Kensun Kawasaki HID kit a few years ago.  In less than a year I had to replace the left ballast/igniter unit under warranty.  Hats off to Kensun because they sent me an entire kit.  Anyway, my left element is erratic again.  Anyone have issues like this?  I really like the HIDs but cant deal with the inconsistent performance.  Unless Y'all have a miracle HID elixir, I think the LEDs are in my near future.

Thanks,
  Denny

Link to kit:  https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00DVJOND2/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Offline just gone

• COG#9712 '10 ABS
Re: Kensun HID Issues
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2018, 11:40:08 AM »
Kind of why I went to LEDs. I liked the lighting pattern of my HIDs a little better as they seemed spot on to the OEM pattern only much brighter. However between the problematic wire routing, the bulb having to be siliconed into the holder to keep them from vibrating out and melting stuff, and the occasional one starts and the other doesn't events, I went to LEDs and I'm happy now.
Good luck with them. (No, my HIDs were not Kensun as far as I know, I purchased mine from A&R motorsports.)

Offline DennyD

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2018, 11:44:26 AM »
Considering there is slightly less than a bazillion LED H4 kits out there, which at LED is best suited for this beast?

Offline just gone

• COG#9712 '10 ABS
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2018, 12:16:17 PM »
Considering there is slightly less than a bazillion LED H4 kits out there, which at LED is best suited for this beast?

I don't know what the LED du jour is, when I purchased mine (2015?) it was the Evitek LEDs, and mine look like these. No cutting of the boot is required, the LED housing comes apart and installs on each side of the boot. So don't cut anything.

These might be good too, but I'd get some feed back from one forum or another before purchase

Offline DennyD

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2018, 12:36:30 PM »
Good info, thanks

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2018, 02:56:49 PM »
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline Rubber_Snake

• Arena
  • 2009 GTR1400 ABS, Black
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2018, 04:10:38 PM »
I installed the JDMAstars and I’m very happy with them.  That brand has been my go to brand for bulbs.  (Except my switchback DRLs are some off brand that have been working well for about 6 months now)
2009 GTR 1400 ABS, 48k miles, AMSOIL synthetic 10W-40 (since new), AMSOIL synthetic 75W-90 final drive (since new). Helibar Horizons, Oxford heated grips, V-Stream windscreen, Mountain Runner Flash, Brian’s low fuel eliminator farkle, ST2 smart brake module and smart turn system, Two Brothers Black Series M5 w/P1X decibel killer.