Author Topic: What do you guys think of this stupid assault weapons ban gibberish?  (Read 16324 times)

Offline ninjawarrior1400

• "There is no second place winner in a gunfight."
I can't believe the insanity in Washington.......everyone that protects Obama, carries an assault weapon! He wants you to NOT have one......so you can call 911 when someone is breaking into your home......then wait for the police to finish their coffee break, they arrive, you are dead, they write the report, call the medical examiner...process the scene....then leave....next call!!

They tried to regulate moonshining, drugs, and prostitution....none of it worked.....if guns go underground.....anyone wanting one will just pay a bigger price......nuff said!

Next thing they will ban motorcycles because they cause too many injuries.......then maybe toothbrushes and razors so you can't shave unless in the company of a police officer.
Ninjawarrior

Offline Miss Silvera

• "Listen With Your Eyes"
Re: What do you guys think of this stupid assault weapons ban gibberish?
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2013, 05:18:47 PM »
I can't believe the insanity in Washington.......everyone that protects Obama, carries an assault weapon! He wants you to NOT have one......so you can call 911 when someone is breaking into your home......then wait for the police to finish their coffee break, they arrive, you are dead, they write the report, call the medical examiner...process the scene....then leave....next call!!

Nope you got that wrong...POTUS wants us UNARMED.....train rides are next then a "shower"   

Serious....POTUS wants us unarmed...his long term goals are to extend the time a pres can hold office, disarm America, and become Kim Jong eel the 3rd , except to China this time
"Listen With Your Eyes" 
Identify, Acquire, Press, Press, Move
Wit, Grit, Courage,and Determination .....
win gunfights

Offline Strawboss

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2013, 05:49:23 PM »
It doesn't matter what we think. Debate all you want. Talk all you want. Have forums and town meetings all you want. Better strap in its going to be a bumpy ride like you've never seen before. Thought the dark years of the Clinton second term were bad? You ain't seen nothin.
COG 5852-AMA Life 302525-NRA 9098599-SASS
2001 Concours-1982 KZ550A-1979 Triumph Bonneville-1995 Honda SA50

Offline Pokey

• Arena
  • WESTERVILLE OHIO 'Twit"
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2013, 06:45:11 PM »
We can only hope that many states and their counties will uphold the Constitution. There are MANY former and current military and law enforcement that will in fact do all they can to uphold and protect the Constitution, and the oaths they took.
2006 DL1000  2006 SV650
08 C14 "gone"

"All we have to do is decide what to do with the time given to us". Gandalf the Grey

Offline Strawboss

« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2013, 07:09:32 PM »
Coincidental that the NY law was signed today, by a Republican controlled house and a Democratic controlled Senate, one day before the President announces 19 possible Executive Orders concerning firearms. Well, it is NY after all. But I find this telling in the argument by them to come as to how much support they'll say there is out there for sweeping changes, "common sense" changes. Now, theres that phrase again.
COG 5852-AMA Life 302525-NRA 9098599-SASS
2001 Concours-1982 KZ550A-1979 Triumph Bonneville-1995 Honda SA50

Offline tjpgi

« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2013, 07:36:05 PM »
Whatever laws they pass will be impotent if the 100's of millions of gun owners simply ignore them. Obama chooses what federal laws he will enforce and respects, well so can the American people. What has he done to enforce the federal law against illegal drugs in Colorado, Washington and California?
2011 GSXR 1000
2009 Concours ABS
1976 KZ900
1991 Sportster XLH 1200

Offline Snibbor

• Arena
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2013, 07:54:51 PM »
Well, now that it's official that we're keeping Texas, I say a new petition is in order for New York to secede.  Commie @#$$#$

Offline Conrad

« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2013, 04:38:08 AM »

They tried to regulate moonshining, drugs, and prostitution....none of it worked.....if guns go underground.....anyone wanting one will just pay a bigger price......nuff said!

Next thing they will ban motorcycles because they cause too many injuries.......then maybe toothbrushes and razors so you can't shave unless in the company of a police officer.

You know, there ARE other types of firearms besides 'assault weapons'?
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Steve in Sunny Fla

• Shoodaben Engineering
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2013, 05:04:05 AM »
You know, there ARE other types of firearms besides 'assault weapons'?

Yes, true. I don't have any "assault" weapons so no dog in the fight but - You can see that NY limited total mag capacity to 7 rounds. Supposedly no new semi-auto pistols can be purchased, so CC'ers in NY will have to buy revolvers. This is just another step to infringe on your ability for self defense.

Look at it this way - back in the 70's and early 80's when uzi's and tec9's were getting attention, the police made a sweeping push to move AWAY from revolvers to large cap semi's because they were 'outgunned" by the criminals. Now that large cap semi's are the norm and available to all criminals, ordinary law-abiding people are pushed back to revolver capacity. How much sense does that make? This is just another way to disarm the law abiding citizen, all the while saying "we're not infringing on your rights".  BS. Steve

Offline timsatx

• Arena
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2013, 06:38:18 AM »
Even my little KelTec P11 would be illegal with 10 rounds.

Offline Miss Silvera

• "Listen With Your Eyes"
« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2013, 07:12:24 AM »
Hahahah...and I'm laughing at NY stupidos...   Like this is gonna work....O me...I don't understand how they can be so near sighted

several revolvers now available with 8 and 9 shots...S&W, Ruger

If the law sticks, I would expect to see more....

I would also expect to see a magazine exchange set up

"Listen With Your Eyes" 
Identify, Acquire, Press, Press, Move
Wit, Grit, Courage,and Determination .....
win gunfights

Offline Nosmo

• "We're all in this together." - Red Green
« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2013, 07:23:25 AM »
Please don't tell these idiots that a double-action revolver is functionally the same as an auto-loading pistol, they'll want to ban them, too.  Then we'll be back to Colt SAA's.  It just proves that this whole thing is a form of mass hysteria brought on by the media blitz.  The only thing the average non-gun-owning American hears is "9mm SEMI-AUTOMATIC....SEMI-AUTOMATIC ASSAULT RIFLE....etc."  People will want to ban what they hear about, since that is all they know.  While I routinely carry an auto-loading pistol, I don't consider myself all that much "under-defended" with my S&W 4" 629 .44 Mag, or the Ruger 4" GP-100 .357, or my .38 Colt Dick Special, and a couple of speedloaders. 

Which brings up this question:  What is the legality of a speedloader for one of the .22 revolvers that has a 10 round cylinder?  Do these fools consider a speedloader to be a removable magazine?  (Sshhhhh...don't tell them it even exists.)
A life undreamed is a waste.  A dream unlived is a sin.

Offline Outback_Jon

• Arena
« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2013, 07:41:49 AM »
Which brings up this question:  What is the legality of a speedloader for one of the .22 revolvers that has a 10 round cylinder?  Do these fools consider a speedloader to be a removable magazine?  (Sshhhhh...don't tell them it even exists.)
I don't know about a speedloader, but I'd guess that moon clips for larger capacity revolvers might be problematic.
"Outback Jon" Gould *** South Cairo, NY *** COG #9506 *** 2006 C10 "Blueline" *** CDA #0157

Offline leyenda30

« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2013, 07:56:18 AM »
It seems the solution has already been made to answer these (informed?) election driven lawmakers.
08 Kawasaki Concours
05 Honda VTX
07 Husky SM610 sold

Offline Nosmo

• "We're all in this together." - Red Green
« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2013, 08:09:52 AM »
It seems the solution has already been made to answer these (informed?) election driven lawmakers.

I want one!  I'm sure I can find a good holster to hide that under my T-shirt. ;D

Hhmmm...two firing pins, one rotating cylinder, looks like the bottom barrel (inner circle of the cylinder) will run out of ammo before the top barrel.  I bet it kicks like a summ-bitch when both are firing together.  (Or maybe not with all that weight of steel in the frame/cylinder.)
A life undreamed is a waste.  A dream unlived is a sin.

Offline Outback_Jon

• Arena
« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2013, 08:19:49 AM »
I want one!  I'm sure I can find a good holster to hide that under my T-shirt. ;D

Hhmmm...two firing pins, one rotating cylinder, looks like the bottom barrel (inner circle of the cylinder) will run out of ammo before the top barrel.  I bet it kicks like a summ-bitch when both are firing together.  (Or maybe not with all that weight of steel in the frame/cylinder.)
Is it one cylinder, or two?  Looks like it might be one inside the other. 
"Outback Jon" Gould *** South Cairo, NY *** COG #9506 *** 2006 C10 "Blueline" *** CDA #0157

Offline leyenda30

« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2013, 08:31:01 AM »
It looks like it has a selector mechanism on the hammer...maybe
?
08 Kawasaki Concours
05 Honda VTX
07 Husky SM610 sold

Offline jonathan

« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2013, 08:42:07 AM »
I'm in Canada where we do have gun control laws and I am happy about that. We are allowed guns for hunting and for collecting under tightly controlled conditions. Yes, we have criminals with guns that don't have licences, but we also have police with automatic weapons that seem to keep that under control. If the general population underwent the same screening, training and qualification that the police do then I would be OK with them carrying, but not, as it appears in the US, when any jackass with a extra $200 can buy a gun and carry it in public just waiting for someone to **** him off.

I think that US gun laws are basically non-existent and many innocent people are dying that don't need to. Our gun laws aren't perfect, but everyone that wants to still gets to hunt and target shoot without taking pot shots at random citizens.

As an aside; why do you need assault rifles? Deer don't shoot back.

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #18 on: January 16, 2013, 09:04:11 AM »
Posts like this will consign this thread to the Arena. When it does we'll continue this conversation. In the mean time, please consider the fact that you have insulted a majority of the members of this forum. In short, screw you.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #19 on: January 16, 2013, 09:10:51 AM »
Posts like this will consign this thread to the Arena. When it does we'll continue this conversation. In the mean time, please consider the fact that you have insulted a majority of the members of this forum. In short, screw you.

+1

Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn