Author Topic: Broken Wireless Wire  (Read 1608 times)

Offline rumblecow

Broken Wireless Wire
« on: May 18, 2012, 01:48:44 PM »
I have an O'Neal helmet with Bluetooth connectivity but one of the speakers has stopped working.  I removed the pads and messed with the wiring a little and able to get intermediate sound so I don't believe the speaker is blown.  I'm guessing it's a broken wire or a bad connection but do not have the tools to diagnose nor the skills to solder (if required).  Does anyone have a recommendation for the type of place which would do this type of repair?  None of the local (Atl) dealers seem interested.  Radio Shack offers a service where they have a central service center in Texas in which they ship but I don't like the idea and shipping my helmet around the country not knowing if it has been dropped.  Any suggestions on where I could get this done  would be greatly appreciated.
......... =o&o>

Offline Conrad

Re: Broken Wireless Wire
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2012, 01:54:50 PM »
Best Buy has their Geek Squad but I've never heard anything good about them. I would avoid Radio Shack at ALL costs. I would suggest checking your local Yellow Pages and check for an electronics repair shop. One of those lil mom and pop places sometimes do very good work.
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2012, 02:03:15 PM »
Have you contacted O'Neal support?  They may have suggestions and recommendations, or advise where to take it..

Phone: (805) 426-3300

“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine

Offline rumblecow

« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2012, 07:16:51 PM »
Thanks for the recommendation.  There is a dvd/tv repair shop I've driven past for years.  I'm sure they have been there since the earth cooled.  I stopped in on the way home from work and you would have thought I were a leper by the look he gave me.  He had NO interest in even trying.  In the process of removing the pads and showing him the simplicity of getting to the wires the speaker started working.  I've gotten both speaker working before but after taking the helmet on/off a few times it will stop working.  I will try another, more modern shop next week.

Best Buy has their Geek Squad but I've never heard anything good about them. I would avoid Radio Shack at ALL costs. I would suggest checking your local Yellow Pages and check for an electronics repair shop. One of those lil mom and pop places sometimes do very good work.
......... =o&o>

Offline rumblecow

« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2012, 07:17:39 PM »
I will give them a call.  Thanks for the number.

Have you contacted O'Neal support?  They may have suggestions and recommendations, or advise where to take it..

......... =o&o>

Offline rumblecow

« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2012, 03:00:37 PM »

The right speaker stopped working on the way into work this morning.

I called O'Neal and they want me to "hard boot" the electronics by removing the battery for awhile and then re-install and fully charge.  If it doesn't work they will replace.  If they follow through they will get high marks from me.  My previous O'Neal (Tirad) performed well in the crash and I really like the fit and weight and the blue tooth functionality.  I will report out when resolved.
......... =o&o>