Poll

Do you like Virginia Jim's new avatar better than the previous one?

NO   (hint, this is the correct answer)
13 (81.3%)
Yes
3 (18.8%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Voting closed: April 17, 2018, 09:37:34 AM

Author Topic: V'Jim's Avatar  (Read 8261 times)

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #40 on: April 22, 2018, 05:34:04 AM »
 :rotflmao:
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline sanmo

• Arena
« Reply #41 on: April 23, 2018, 06:05:23 AM »
 :rotflmao: Another poll to decide on the pic?
But ominous silence from V'Jim. He may be honing his broadsword. Nice knowing ya, f.marty!
2008 Silverdammit C14

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #42 on: April 24, 2018, 06:10:29 AM »
Sorry about :offtopic: But, Jim, do you miss the C14 at all? I'm getting older and my leaning into the twisties with my hair on fire days are somewhat behind me. Thinking a really nice modern cruiser with decent power and a low seat might be in my future.

Not really, I don't.  However, when I do take it out, I always say that it's an amazing bike but I love the Indian Roadmaster so much more.  I like the seating position.  I love the noise it makes.  I love the heated grips and seat.  I love the cruise control.  I don't need to run at high speeds all the time anymore.  It's perfect for me and the wife loves it.   What's not to like?

If he tilts his head forward thusly, that helmet can snag a variety of food mid-air such as deer bounding across the road, low flying geese, the occasional salmon in a flooded road, etc. Not goofy at all, but ingenious survivalist gear. And the Indian being a slow moving bike, the chainmail is adequate protection.  ;D

The Indian is not a slow moving bike.  It has great acceleration.  For instance, on my weekly run to Dunkin there is a 45mph half mile hill I have to pull.  The Indian is up to 60 in no time at all in 4th and I have to remember to not do that when anyone is looking.  These bikes are deceiving in that you think they are slow based on how they look.  They really aren't.   I don't have any issues passing anyone even riding two up (weight of the bike and riders and gear can easily hit 3/4 of a ton).  High speed on corners, not so much.  Indian dealers have demo days several times a year.   Try one out.   In fact, I'm helping out tomorrow at our local demo days tomorrow.  I'm not the only C14 that's made the switch.  Truth be told, it's usually riders of the older set that are buying the big bikes, but then look at our demographic.

Marty, I really like that pic with the Indian.  Where did you get it?
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #43 on: April 24, 2018, 06:17:08 AM »

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #44 on: April 24, 2018, 06:22:25 AM »
Good one, Gary.   :rotflmao:
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline just gone

• COG#9712 '10 ABS
« Reply #45 on: April 24, 2018, 10:33:31 AM »
Marty, I really like that pic with the Indian.  Where did you get it?

I thought you would. ----->https://imgur.com/gallery/0KDKs

Offline sanmo

• Arena
« Reply #46 on: April 24, 2018, 10:52:51 AM »
The Indian is not a slow moving bike.  It has great acceleration.  For instance, on my weekly run to Dunkin there is a 45mph half mile hill I have to pull.  The Indian is up to 60 in no time at all in 4th and I have to remember to not do that when anyone is looking.  These bikes are deceiving in that you think they are slow based on how they look.  They really aren't.   I don't have any issues passing anyone even riding two up (weight of the bike and riders and gear can easily hit 3/4 of a ton).  High speed on corners, not so much.  Indian dealers have demo days several times a year.   Try one out.   In fact, I'm helping out tomorrow at our local demo days tomorrow.  I'm not the only C14 that's made the switch.  Truth be told, it's usually riders of the older set that are buying the big bikes, but then look at our demographic.

I have demo'd the Indian and it is a good bike for a v-twin cruiser. Definite improvement in performance and looks over the Victory line. You do know that we are just pulling your leg about the Indian being slow.  :)
2008 Silverdammit C14

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #47 on: April 24, 2018, 11:01:15 AM »
Yes, I know...and just know that I'm kidding when I ban you.... ::) ;) :rotflmao: All in good fun of course.

Offline sanmo

• Arena
« Reply #48 on: April 24, 2018, 11:56:03 AM »
Yes, I know...and just know that I'm kidding when I ban you.... ::) ;) :rotflmao: All in good fun of course.

:rotflmao: I would ban me in a heartbeat!
2008 Silverdammit C14

Offline Conniesaki

« Reply #49 on: April 24, 2018, 12:39:49 PM »
I don't need to run at high speeds all the time anymore.

That's good  :-X

The Indian is not a slow moving bike.  It has great acceleration.

It just seems like it, with no windshield

... and all those loose parts  :rotflmao:

Offline tweeter55

• Arena
  • Ride Hard...Ride Safe
« Reply #50 on: April 24, 2018, 01:32:44 PM »

And that non-aerodynamic helmet he insists on wearing.
Over the years:       1972 Harley Rapido
1972 Suzuki T350R  1979 BMW R100RT
1987 Honda Helix.    2006 Kawasaki Concours

Offline just gone

• COG#9712 '10 ABS
« Reply #51 on: April 24, 2018, 03:53:34 PM »
FIFY
I have demo'd the Indian and it is a good bike for a v-twin cruiser. Definite improvement in performance and looks over the Victory line. You do know that we are I'm just pulling your leg about the Indian being slow.  :)

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #52 on: April 24, 2018, 04:19:39 PM »
Everything is relative.  Any reasonable displacement, modern motorcycle is "fast", when compared to most cars on the road.  And for Jim, what he has might be plenty fast or "fast enough."

Now, compared to a C14, a Roadmaster is not fast....

Stock C14, 0-60 2.9 seconds, 1/4 mile 10.56 seconds  (no flash or anything else... stock)

Stock Indian Roadmaster, 0-60 4.7 seconds, 1/4 mile 13.6 seconds

There is only so much you can do with an unfared, nearly 930+ pound bike, having only 2 air-cooled cylinders (!!), even despite the huge 1.8 liter displacement.

And how about my reasonably fast car?

Stock G37S, 0-60 5.0 seconds, 1/4 mile 13.5 seconds
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #53 on: April 26, 2018, 10:07:40 AM »
That's good  :-X

I have an electric windshield, heated seats, heated grips, ABS (non linked) and horrors upon horrors...................cruise control that works very very well.  How many of you on C14s have factory cruise control?  Wait a minute!  That's right...........0.   :rotflmao:   I just test rode a Roadmaster with the 116 engine mod...Wow!

Offline just gone

• COG#9712 '10 ABS
« Reply #54 on: April 26, 2018, 10:51:35 AM »
  I just test rode a Roadmaster with the 116 engine mod...Wow!

Crossed the century mark eh? (HP not velocity)

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #55 on: April 26, 2018, 01:25:25 PM »
 :thumbs:

Offline just gone

• COG#9712 '10 ABS
« Reply #56 on: April 11, 2020, 11:41:44 AM »
Welcome back. However keeping on topic, your avatar is somewhat annoying. You know things were a lot more peaceful around here when you had the old one with the sword held on high. Could be related, could be.  ;)

You know, I think that you are right.  I've been toying with the idea of getting an Angel sword covered with flames.  I'll see what I can come up with.

This will have to do for now..

In light of recent forum uplifting and fortunate events (see quotes above), I suggest this thread be locked at this point since most of it pertains to earlier events and is no longer current and could be misconstrued.

Offline Pilgrim

• '12 Black
« Reply #57 on: May 05, 2020, 01:09:16 PM »

Jim,
What's with that yellow stuff flying above your head? 
Looks a little like when the cartoon characters get hit over the head and see stars. 
 ???

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #58 on: May 05, 2020, 03:47:03 PM »
Fire dancing along the sword.  Stings more (to the choppe) when I chop off a head.  They also don't bleed as much so not as much cleanup.