Author Topic: Nice ride! Finally weather cooperated.  (Read 1734 times)

Offline wroman

• 2012 C14
Nice ride! Finally weather cooperated.
« on: May 08, 2013, 09:51:19 PM »
  I rode up to Hammandsport, NY on Keuka Lake  from Gettysburg, PA.  My first chance to put some saddle time on this bike.  Been playing hell getting adjusted to this bike and this bike adjusted.  I can finally say I am very close.  Approaching Selinsgrove a guy on a slightly older BMW K bike passed me and we caught up outside of town. He had MD plates and was heading to CAnada.  He had a radar detector and we moved along pretty good untill he turned off heading west on rt 80.  One of the reasons I bought this bike was the reports of very good stability in windy conditions. Heading north from Williamsport, PA on up to the NY Stale line you ride through an area that has a real mixed bag of weird wind conditions.  This upper tier section has spooked handling on almost every bike I rode there. The Concours is the most stable bike I have ran through here.  This bike can eat up some miles fast and smooth.  I kept waiting to get knocked off course by the wind but it just did not happen.  I need a radar detector, either that or move out west.
I always wanted to be somebody......I guess I should have been more specific.

Offline Flienlow

• 2010 C-14 BLUE
Re: Nice ride! Finally weather cooperated.
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2013, 10:39:01 PM »
They'll ticket your ass out here too :) Buy a radar detector!