Author Topic: Aircraft we like..  (Read 244113 times)

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
Re: Aircraft we like..
« Reply #240 on: March 06, 2014, 03:56:28 PM »
Would you believe a Kawasaki in the 50s having 72hp, could reach speeds of 220mph, is red, and have a range of 250 miles?  And yes, this is in the right thread....and no it's not the new C14 for 2015.

https://www.google.com/search?q=Kawasaki+KAQ-1&client=firefox-a&hs=jO3&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&channel=sb&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=0PoYU-eRA7OMyAG_6YDQDQ&ved=0CDsQsAQ&biw=1920&bih=890
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #241 on: March 12, 2014, 04:02:57 AM »
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Two Skies

• Arena
  • Road? What road?!?
« Reply #242 on: March 17, 2014, 04:08:04 PM »
So, the next time you are talking to your congressman or whatever, and they ask you if/why we still need the A-10...

Tell them because Russia still has tanks, and isn't afraid to use them!

Such a capable airframe, that A-10!

2006 w/50,000+ miles and a few bruises.

MCL Fork Brace & Handlebar Risers.  Bergmen Quick Release Tank Kit, Pilot GT Front/Avon Venom Rear tire.  Trunk w/spoiler.  NGK DR8EIX plugs.  Piece of foam in airbox.  Beads on seat.  Bafflectomized.  Murphs Kneesavers & Fuse Block.  Cee Bailey Winscreen w/vent.  Heated grips.  'Custom' mirrors.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #243 on: April 05, 2014, 06:52:17 AM »

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #244 on: April 05, 2014, 02:32:31 PM »
An illustrated guide to the atomic bombs....

http://www.alternatewars.com/Bomb_Loading/Bomb_Guide.htm

Offline Murph

« Reply #245 on: April 05, 2014, 03:27:00 PM »

Little Cessnas!

Offline Charlie747

« Reply #246 on: April 05, 2014, 06:06:40 PM »

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #247 on: April 06, 2014, 06:27:08 AM »
Where have you been you old sod?

Well that certainly brought   :'( to my eyes and I wasn't even drinking.  This is what happens when your govt decides it no longer wants to be a super power.   It's happening to us now.

:salute: the RAF and the British aircraft industry, even though they designed some of the most odd looking flyable aircraft I've ever seen outside of the Soviet Union.

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #248 on: April 06, 2014, 07:24:03 AM »
Where have you been you old sod?

Well that certainly brought   :'( to my eyes and I wasn't even drinking.  This is what happens when your govt decides it no longer wants to be a super power.   It's happening to us now.

:salute: the RAF and the British aircraft industry, even though they designed some of the most odd looking flyable aircraft I've ever seen outside of the Soviet Union.

we are doomed

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #249 on: April 06, 2014, 07:45:39 AM »
Totally agree at this point.  I feel like the Holy Roman Empire and the barbarians are at the gate.   Everyone in power thinks that smart weapons are the key, unfortunately they don't have the shock and awe value of a good carpet bombing or H-bomb from a B-52.

B-52 Dropping Lots & Lots of Bombs - Carpet Bombing

"B 52" Dropping "H Bomb"

I prefer the 'tall tail' B-52s as I grew up with them.  Yes, I know they were prone to lose their (tails) on occasion, but the lines were much cleaner.

Where is General LeMay when you need him?

Curtis Lemay Legends of Airpower

For those unaware as I was about General and Mrs. LeMay's legacy, they have a foundation that assists officer and NCO widows..

http://www.lemay-foundation.org/

Memories of Jane LeMay Lodge - The LeMay's only daughter.... (fascinating)

http://www.nebraskastudies.org/0900/stories/0901_0122_01.html

You know, I actually tear up reading about LeMay, probably one of the best AF generals we ever had.  The Russians were totally afraid of him.  The media made him out to be a loose cannon which was totally the opposite of what he really was, but it worked to our advantage.  I lived in that era on USAF SAC bases.  I know what it was like and the people of today just don't have a clue.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2014, 09:42:07 AM by VirginiaJim »

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #250 on: April 06, 2014, 08:32:04 AM »
 :) Nothing like a good carpet bombing to get your Sunday morning started.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #251 on: April 06, 2014, 09:10:55 AM »
It always worked for me...

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #252 on: April 06, 2014, 09:22:32 AM »
Back in the mid-60's at Westover AFB, a certain number of B-52's were constantly on the ready and the rumble could be heard from all over the base.  I really miss that music.

Offline Charlie747

« Reply #253 on: April 06, 2014, 03:49:14 PM »
Yep the Old Sod is back........................................as you good old boys are suffering SAC withdrawal please find attached a film of go codes / fail safes / wing attack plan R  :chugbeer:

Enjoy ........................................

http://blip.tv/moviearchives/dr-strangelove-how-i-learned-to-stop-worrying-and-love-the-bomb-5462653

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #254 on: April 06, 2014, 04:23:27 PM »
A most excellant movie.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #255 on: April 06, 2014, 05:31:39 PM »
The sad thing is that our seriousness over our ballistic missiles and bomber deterrent is sadly lacking.  They better be glad I'm not in charge.   Many careers would be over and I just might be inclined to charge some of those idiots with treason.  I should have stayed in the AF.

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #256 on: April 06, 2014, 05:40:15 PM »
Some very bad manners being displayed in the missile silos.

Offline Charlie747

« Reply #257 on: April 06, 2014, 06:26:16 PM »
A most excellant movie.

Thank you  :)

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #258 on: April 06, 2014, 06:35:55 PM »
Yes, we do thank you, although I do feel a bit dizzy going back and forth.  I feel like a Time Lord, especially today.

Offline Two Skies

• Arena
  • Road? What road?!?
2006 w/50,000+ miles and a few bruises.

MCL Fork Brace & Handlebar Risers.  Bergmen Quick Release Tank Kit, Pilot GT Front/Avon Venom Rear tire.  Trunk w/spoiler.  NGK DR8EIX plugs.  Piece of foam in airbox.  Beads on seat.  Bafflectomized.  Murphs Kneesavers & Fuse Block.  Cee Bailey Winscreen w/vent.  Heated grips.  'Custom' mirrors.