Author Topic: Sure, he was immune from the police..... but how about that potted plant?  (Read 2627 times)

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline Conrad

Re: Sure, he was immune from the police..... but how about that potted plant?
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2018, 11:40:17 AM »
A citizen's arrest! Well done plant, well done.
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2018, 02:17:43 PM »
"it's unclear if he has a lawyer"

I'm curious as to how or why this statement was made in the article. If the reporter doesn't know, it's just one more of the 7 thousand things the reporter doesn't know. Why add it at all? How about: "it's unclear what make the ATV was" or "it's unclear if his parents taught him how to drive an ATV".

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2018, 02:19:48 PM »
Hey, an even more basic question than that would be 'why does a potted plant need a lawyer in the first place?'. ?? Oh, wait, maybe Ruddy is going to sue it for damages, false arre....er, I mean false blocking a getaway and things of that nature?

Brian

I'm curious as to how or why this statement was made in the article. If the reporter doesn't know, it's just one more of the 7 thousand things the reporter doesn't know. Why add it at all? How about: "it's unclear what make the ATV was" or "it's unclear if his parents taught him how to drive an ATV".
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline Rick Hall

• Administrator
  • Eruption
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2018, 10:06:59 PM »
Had a hard time comprehending, but I got it. I thought he ran his ATV into planted pot, which has probably happened here.

Rick
Rick Hall     1994 ZG 1000 "Sam"      xCOG #1914 (CO)
  GfNi H.P.   DOD #2040   1kQSPT 14.16   IBA #3274
    The Kawasaki Concours page at: www.zggtr.org

Offline Conrad

« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2018, 07:20:07 AM »
Hey, an even more basic question than that would be 'why does a potted plant need a lawyer in the first place?'. ?? Oh, wait, maybe Ruddy is going to sue it for damages, false arre....er, I mean false blocking a getaway and things of that nature?

Brian

You would think that I should know better than to read stuff on this forum at the same moment as I'm drinking my coffee. Thanks Brian!
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline just gone

• COG#9712 '10 ABS
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2018, 10:40:48 AM »

Hey, an even more basic question than that would be 'why does a potted plant need a lawyer in the first place?'. ??

There we go now!  :doh:....just because something heroic (and perhaps sacrificial) was done by a potted plant, the assumption is automatically made that it's a male potted plant!  :battle:

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2018, 05:02:32 PM »
Yeah, 'kids' racing around kinda' wild and loose in Providence and annoying all those who could not catch them. So of course one of them yells to an LEO that he (LEO) will never catch them (those on ATV's), races off down a sidewalk and runs into a rather large concrete planter.

I took a quick look at the article, which is short and was only surprised to see the culprit looks to be at least 25, not 12 as I would have suspected. Juvenile delinquents are not usually amusing and OLD juvenile delinquents cannot even hide behind the idea that they may grow out of it....

Brian

Had a hard time comprehending, but I got it. I thought he ran his ATV into planted pot, which has probably happened here.

Rick

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2018, 06:26:33 AM »
We have a very large problem with these idiots in Northern VA and DC.   Not enough potted planters to go around the beltway.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.