Author Topic: ZGGTR vs COG Forum  (Read 27778 times)

omcrider

ZGGTR vs COG Forum
« on: April 28, 2014, 02:43:56 PM »
I am fairly new here and have pretty much stuck exclusively to this site. I notice many members here also have membership on the Concours Owners Group forum. What is the main difference between the two? Am I missing something by not reviewing both sites.

Offline Strawboss

Re: ZGGTR vs COG Forum
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2014, 03:03:05 PM »
Oh boy.
COG 5852-AMA Life 302525-NRA 9098599-SASS
2001 Concours-1982 KZ550A-1979 Triumph Bonneville-1995 Honda SA50

Offline Cuda

« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2014, 03:03:42 PM »
It's a secret... :stirpot:
Old and SLOW                   COG 11405
Gods waiting room Naples
2011 Atomic  Silver

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2014, 03:08:44 PM »
I'm an inmate of both forums. Each has it's own personality. I have benefited from information gained on both sites and will continue to avail myself of both.

Offline Strawboss

« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2014, 03:16:19 PM »
Sorry, I should have said what gpink said cause that's what I think too. This site is kinda like a "private" sire whereas the other site is a little more "official". Each compliments the other in my opinion as like gpink said, I get lots of useful info from each.

Son of Pappy

« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2014, 03:31:21 PM »
I am fairly new here and have pretty much stuck exclusively to this site. I notice many members here also have membership on the Concours Owners Group forum. What is the main difference between the two? Am I missing something by not reviewing both sites.
Think "Family Feud".  We hate each other, yet still love each other.  Great folks on both sides with strong feelings.  A few folks drew a line and simply refuse to move it or cross it.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2014, 03:41:51 PM »
All good points...
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2014, 03:43:36 PM »
The two sites are not in any way connected.

This forum is privately owned by a gentleman named Rick Hall. It is open to the public at his pleasure.

The COG site is owned by and run by the organization Concours Owner's Group, which is a dues- paying, membership based organization. That said, their (our I guess- I am a member of COG) is open to the public at no charge, in that case at the pleasure of COG.

As both sites are privately owned and operated, either / both could be closed, closed to some members, etc., at any time. While open to the public at the moment, that could change (not that I suspect it will) at anytime- which is why I mentioned that they are both open at the owner's pleasure.

And yes, a lot of people are members of and participate in, both forums. Some people cross- post the same subject on both forums but certainly not always.

Like all institutions and organizations, each one has a 'personality'. From the forum point of view, there is not all that much difference but in practice, COG also uses their forum to notify people of events, rides, rallies, etc. that they put on.

Brian

Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline Kirby

• I ride up front and look through the hole.
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2014, 03:46:37 PM »
This forum has more dead rodents participating. Not worth all that much but it does give a different perspective....

Kirby

Member: Dead Rodent's Riders
President: KiPass Lover's Society

Son of Pappy

« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2014, 04:10:36 PM »
This forum has more dead rodents participating. Not worth all that much but it does give a different perspective....

Kirby
Hey Kirby, been a bit since we last heard from you, Kippy says howdy but is a little under the weather at the moment (feeling a bit dehydrated).  Looking forward to seeing you in a few weeks at the Twisted Throttle open house, please make sure you get Brian there as well as his beautiful bride.

Offline DeansZG

« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2014, 04:11:06 PM »
    Welcome omc!  just think of both forums as different tools in your Concours toolbox for the same fitting!  You'll be able to glean useful information from both! 
   Yes, I peruse both forums & am a member of COG( which should be another tool in your Concours toolbox), & I also post up events on both forums as well, along w/ posting on Sport-Touring.net, ST-Owners.com, ZZRBikes.com & the Motorcycle Tourers forum also... ;D
'99 C10 "MissTriss" *sold*
'04 ZZR1200 "Sweet heart" *sold*
'81 GL1100 Interstate "Puttz"*sold*
'00 K12LT..."Battleship Galactica".....

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2014, 04:29:14 PM »

Kirby
Kirby, personal attacks like that will get this thread kicked to the Arena. You might not get out alive.

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2014, 04:35:20 PM »
Give it up Gary- he just does not listen to anybody.  >:(  I swear, sometimes it is like talking to a mummy.

Brian

Kirby, personal attacks like that will get this thread kicked to the Arena. You might not get out alive.
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2014, 04:36:43 PM »
Kind of like  :deadhorse: .

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2014, 04:39:38 PM »
We'll be there- Andrea and I but not Kirby. He wants to go but he forgets that crowds make him catatonic and stiff (easy boys!) with fear.

And yeah, he doesn't post much 'cause I won't let him. I am afraid he does not have that people touch like I do and could rub a person or two the wrong way. Not smooth like me ..... 'Now go home and get your XXXXXXX shine box!'

Brian

Hey Kirby, been a bit since we last heard from you, Kippy says howdy but is a little under the weather at the moment (feeling a bit dehydrated).  Looking forward to seeing you in a few weeks at the Twisted Throttle open house, please make sure you get Brian there as well as his beautiful bride.

Offline Tremainiac

« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2014, 05:15:26 PM »
Oh boy.

One group is more sensitive then the other... But I don't know which. :rotflmao:
Hey mister, my sister has a Harley 'just' like yours!!
2009 Concours 14, 2003 Triumph Thunderbird Sport
1980 Honda CM400 street tracker, Grubee Skyhawk

Offline Strawboss

« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2014, 05:26:02 PM »
Each cancel the other out.

Offline Racer Boy

« Reply #17 on: April 28, 2014, 09:32:53 PM »
I'll give you my unfiltered opinion of each forum.

I only recently found this Concours forum, and tend to prefer it over the COG forum. I'll paint the COG forum with an extremely broad brush and say that there seems to be a lot members that are grumpy old men that enjoy complaining about how this country is going down the tubes. These same guys hate to spend over $10 per day on food and lodging when taking road trips. You will never pry their trusty C10's from their cold, dead hands, because they believe that C14 owners are a bunch of rich posers, and that 1986 technology works just fine, thank you.  ;)

Seriously, both forums have provided me with a lot of useful information, and some of the members here (like BDF) also contribute tons of great info to both sites.

One thing that has irritated me about the COG is the pressure to join, which is fine, since it is the club forum. I'm not interested in the social activities (I don't have enough time to ride as much as I want, let alone attend club functions). But that is just me. If they kick me off their forum, I'll just hang out here!

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #18 on: April 29, 2014, 03:37:34 AM »
We pretty much take all kinds.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #19 on: April 29, 2014, 04:56:29 AM »
I'll give you my unfiltered opinion of each forum.

I only recently found this Concours forum, and tend to prefer it over the COG forum. I'll paint the COG forum with an extremely broad brush and say that there seems to be a lot members that are grumpy old men that enjoy complaining about how this country is going down the tubes. These same guys hate to spend over $10 per day on food and lodging when taking road trips. You will never pry their trusty C10's from their cold, dead hands, because they believe that C14 owners are a bunch of rich posers, and that 1986 technology works just fine, thank you.  ;)

Seriously, both forums have provided me with a lot of useful information, and some of the members here (like BDF) also contribute tons of great info to both sites.

One thing that has irritated me about the COG is the pressure to join, which is fine, since it is the club forum. I'm not interested in the social activities (I don't have enough time to ride as much as I want, let alone attend club functions). But that is just me. If they kick me off their forum, I'll just hang out here!

It seems that you haven't paid a visit to the Arena?
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn