Author Topic: Corona Virus  (Read 11197 times)

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
Re: Corona Virus
« Reply #80 on: May 22, 2020, 06:07:11 AM »
LOL..
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Cholla

• Arena
« Reply #81 on: May 22, 2020, 06:08:36 AM »
Seems that the Arena is a bit like The Hotel California, one can check out but one can never leave...    :o

But you can still make claims and then avoid questions when called on it.

If masks work, why weren't the prisoners given masks?
Beware the Black Widows...Feared throughout the land!

Offline Conrad

« Reply #82 on: May 22, 2020, 06:40:43 AM »
Seems that the Arena is a bit like The Hotel California, one can check out but one can never leave...    :o

HA!  I was listening to that song JUST THIS MORNING.  Considering that player has 4,986 different songs on it, that isn't a small feat.  (I listen in that room less than 1 hour a day, so it would take almost a year to hear the same song twice).

What are the odds?   ;)
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Conrad

« Reply #83 on: May 22, 2020, 07:07:33 AM »
Another grocery adventure yesterday. Aldi and Walmart.

100% mask compliance in Aldi. Everyone had a mask on and they even wore them properly, as far as I could tell. Everyone complied with social distancing too.

Walmart? Not so much. While everyone that I saw had a mask on their face (they were required to enter the store), not everyone wore them correctly. I'd say that a good 10% of the folks, that I saw, had their nose sticking out of the mask. Idiot mouth breathers perhaps? One guy was a potato chip vendor, he had a mask but had it pulled down below his chin. A lot of good that does.

One woman who was with her daughter in the produce section apparently couldn't talk with her mask on because every time she spoke to the girl, she had to pull her mask down to speak.   :o   

The worst offenders where Walmart employees. I saw lots of them with their nose out of the mask...

Some of our leaders refuse to wear masks, so why should the regular people do it, right?    >:(

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #84 on: May 22, 2020, 08:48:32 AM »
Walmart? Not so much. While everyone that I saw had a mask on their face (they were required to enter the store), not everyone wore them correctly.

Interesting.  Here, the sign at the front of Walmart says it is strongly encouraged (not required).  What I have noticed is that usage has declined with each visit I have made (which is about once every two weeks).  It was about 90% at first and now around 50%.

Not sure if they are required at Costco (I didn't notice any sign saying so, but I wasn't paying much attention), but each trip I have made there, it was about 99%.

I haven't really been in any other store in months, except Petsmart once, and it was maybe 80% and I noticed no requirement sign, just a sign saying "no refunds/returns".
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #85 on: May 22, 2020, 12:53:27 PM »
I'm avoiding Walmart like the plague....although I may have to go there later this afternoon or better yet when they open tomorrow morning.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #86 on: May 22, 2020, 05:14:40 PM »
I'm avoiding Walmart like the plague....although I may have to go there later this afternoon or better yet when they open tomorrow morning.

There are many reasons to avoid Walmart :)

However, if you take proper precautions, there will be an extremely low risk of even catching the virus at all.  And even if contracted, those who have no major pre-exisiting health conditions have an extremely low risk of having seriously negative outcomes.

What I would consider proper Walmart-like precautions (for now) would be:  wear a mask covering nose/mouth entering, during the visit, and exiting.  Do not touch your face or mask during that time.  Wash/sterilize your hands at your car (or remove gloves if using that as an alternative), before getting in your car and removing mask but after the last touch of your cart.  After home and unloading is complete, wash hands again.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline Rick Hall

• Administrator
  • Eruption
« Reply #87 on: May 22, 2020, 10:55:28 PM »
If masks work, why weren't the prisoners given masks?

I know you're smarter than that.

Need to read a scientific publication of some sort. Lancet or JAMA is fine, suspect Nat. Geo. or NPR/PBS would work too. Fox or MSN not advised as they're often ripe with misinformation and conspiracy theories, much like your favorite social platform. Excluding here of course ;)

Masks work, not 100% by any means but they work to reduce the DISCHARGE of a contagion. Read: aerosol discharges. Quality masks (N95 or better) will reduce INTAKE of a contagion.

As far as penal colonies, I imagine it's difficult to social distance and wear a mask at communal meals. Much less wipe down all surfaces on a semi-regular basis, or wash your lunch hooks with soap and water in your Grey-Bar hotel room. Wearing a mask of any sort in prison may be ill advised too, I don't really know.

Lastly, I read on the internet (so it must be true) one or more prisoners drank out of the same cup in the hopes they'd catch Cornora-19 and be let loose to a medical facility... or to home.

I know of no one who likes wearing a mask, I know of many that refuse to wear a helmet when riding too. Wearing a mask is a team effort, the other end of mass hysteria/panic. I'm fine with you not wearing one, really! If our paths cross before we figure out this CV BS, you best be wearing a mask/bandana/paper towel, or not be breathing.

Rick
Rick Hall     1994 ZG 1000 "Sam"      xCOG #1914 (CO)
  GfNi H.P.   DOD #2040   1kQSPT 14.16   IBA #3274
    The Kawasaki Concours page at: www.zggtr.org

Offline Conrad

« Reply #88 on: May 23, 2020, 07:30:59 AM »
Interesting.  Here, the sign at the front of Walmart says it is strongly encouraged (not required).  What I have noticed is that usage has declined with each visit I have made (which is about once every two weeks).  It was about 90% at first and now around 50%.

Not sure if they are required at Costco (I didn't notice any sign saying so, but I wasn't paying much attention), but each trip I have made there, it was about 99%.

I haven't really been in any other store in months, except Petsmart once, and it was maybe 80% and I noticed no requirement sign, just a sign saying "no refunds/returns".

Illinois' governor has mandated that we have to wear a mask when entering a retail business or when outdoors and a distance of 6' or greater can't be maintained.

I've only been in three different retail stores since the C19 virus has turned the world upside down, Aldi, Walmart, and Menards. Walmart certainly is NOT my favorite store to shop at but it's the only grocery store in the area, other than Aldi.     

Offline Conrad

« Reply #89 on: May 23, 2020, 07:33:21 AM »

FALSE

I left MANY years ago

I'm HAPPY

You Can't Win on the net

MISSION IMPOSSABLE :battle:

Not sure where you got the idea that I'm unhappy? Irritated? Perhaps. Unhappy? No.

Offline zrx mitch

« Reply #90 on: May 23, 2020, 09:33:33 AM »
Hello California, Illinois, New York, DC, Virginia, and ................
IBA #18591

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #91 on: May 23, 2020, 06:33:29 PM »
I'm probably going to get the law on me tomorrow.  We're holding a 22 mile ride for veterans.  22 veterans commit suicide every day.  Around 15 or so people in my back yard all of them riding Indians with mostly loud pipes including myself.  I'm feeding them hamburgers and hot dogs.  The neighbors will probably have conniption fits.  Due to the virus I've asked the group to forego hugs and kisses.  I'm so tired of this sh*t.  People wearing masks in cars by themselves.  Bicyclists wearing masks.  Walkers wearing masks.  It doesn't make any f'n sense anymore.  I'm starting to hate everyone.

Offline tweeter55

• Arena
  • Ride Hard...Ride Safe
« Reply #92 on: May 23, 2020, 07:16:32 PM »
I'm probably going to get the law on me tomorrow.
Good luck. Maybe you better have that high-in-demand get out of jail card with you.
Over the years:       1972 Harley Rapido
1972 Suzuki T350R  1979 BMW R100RT
1987 Honda Helix.    2006 Kawasaki Concours

Offline T Cro ®

• Administrator
« Reply #93 on: May 23, 2020, 08:12:31 PM »
I'm probably going to get the law on me tomorrow.  We're holding a 22 mile ride for veterans.  22 veterans commit suicide every day.  Around 15 or so people in my back yard all of them riding Indians with mostly loud pipes including myself.  I'm feeding them hamburgers and hot dogs.  The neighbors will probably have conniption fits.  Due to the virus I've asked the group to forego hugs and kisses.  I'm so tired of this sh*t.  People wearing masks in cars by themselves.  Bicyclists wearing masks.  Walkers wearing masks.  It doesn't make any f'n sense anymore.  I'm starting to hate everyone.

If I was your neighbor I'd be pissed if you didn't invite me over for a burger...
Tony P. Crochet
(SOLD) 01 Concours Winner of COG Most Modified in 2010

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #94 on: May 24, 2020, 05:02:59 AM »
You'd be invited with the other riff raff...not to worry.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #95 on: May 24, 2020, 05:04:34 AM »
Good luck. Maybe you better have that high-in-demand get out of jail card with you.

Unfortunately I have no super powers outside of this realm...and some would take a dim view of me waving a flaming sword around.

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #96 on: May 24, 2020, 06:20:06 AM »

Unfortunately I have no super powers outside of this realm...and some would take a dim view of me waving a flaming sword around.

I hear Virginiastan is tough on the right to bear flaming arms.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #97 on: May 24, 2020, 07:12:43 AM »
Hello California, Illinois, New York, DC, Virginia, and ................

:thumbs:

Offline Conrad

« Reply #98 on: May 24, 2020, 07:15:00 AM »

"Around 15 or so people in my back yard all of them riding Indians with mostly loud pipes including myself."

That's going to play hell on your lawn ain't it?

Good luck, Take your temp in two weeks or so...

Offline O.C.

« Reply #99 on: May 24, 2020, 07:28:24 AM »
I'm probably going to get the law on me tomorrow.  We're holding a 22 mile ride for veterans.  22 veterans commit suicide every day.  Around 15 or so people in my back yard all of them riding Indians with mostly loud pipes including myself.  I'm feeding them hamburgers and hot dogs.  The neighbors will probably have conniption fits.  Due to the virus I've asked the group to forego hugs and kisses. I'm so tired of this sh*t.  People wearing masks in cars by themselves.  Bicyclists wearing masks.  Walkers wearing masks.  It doesn't make any f'n sense anymore.  I'm starting to hate everyone.

Totally agree Jim... some level of common sense regarding safety should of course now be exercised, but it's all out of hand, I too saw a cyclist this morning on our country road wearing a mask ...WTF
CARPE DIEM

KAWASAKI VERSYS 650