Author Topic: Remember when I said I was dating a college freshman?  (Read 2157 times)

Offline Timalan

• www.thismotorcyclelife.net
Remember when I said I was dating a college freshman?
« on: May 05, 2012, 04:06:11 PM »
Now I brag, my wife just graduated, Magna cum Laude, (3.95 GPA) and last night was the awards assembly for the three colleges at the university. My wife was Pleasantly surprised to find out she was "Distinguished Graduate" in English and Humanities Department, and "Outstanding Capstone". Which means she was second in Dept and first in Capstone. Super proud of her and She looked F I N E in her little purple dress.
So congrats to all of you who have someone graduating. Celebrate your loved ones

Offline roadPilot

Re: Remember when I said I was dating a college freshman?
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2012, 06:15:32 AM »
Congrats to her.

Must be a tough school - a 3.95 would be Summa Cum Laude most anywhere else.

Offline Timalan

« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2012, 06:34:55 AM »
Yes my daughter went to the same school and missed graduating with honors by .01 where she would have been well inside at all the other state colleges here.

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2012, 11:23:06 PM »
congrats to her!
“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine

Offline ssmith

• Concours Owners Group
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2012, 04:09:39 AM »
Congrats to the graduate.  You both should be very proud. I can attest it is more difficult to pursue college education as an adult. I did my undergrad and now grad this way, and the course load on top of making time for family and work,  place additional stress on life.
Steve Smith, COG #3184
Get your own official COG # by joining the Concours Owners Group, the premier sport-touring club for Concours enthusiasts and sport-touring riders.  Click here to learn more about club membership

Offline Timalan

« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2012, 06:00:27 AM »
Congrats to the graduate.  You both should be very proud. I can attest it is more difficult to pursue college education as an adult. I did my undergrad and now grad this way, and the course load on top of making time for family and work,  place additional stress on life.
Truth, the year I bought the Connie then the FJR I rode around around 25k a year. First year on FJR we rode 23,000 and I had about 5k on the SV then that fall Jeanice started school. In the next 4 years we have only put 42,000. Because weekend trips went to mostly zero for the sake of making the grade. She is continuing to grad school in the fall and I full expect to call her Dr. Wife.  We are hoping she ends up teaching college kids and we can ride some more in the summer. (another four years to go)

Offline Strawboss

« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2012, 11:28:16 AM »
Thats great news. My wife has continued her medical education the last few years, its tough when you've been out of "school" for awhile, I think its actually tougher to tell you the truth with all the other things going on in your life. Good luck to her.
COG 5852-AMA Life 302525-NRA 9098599-SASS
2001 Concours-1982 KZ550A-1979 Triumph Bonneville-1995 Honda SA50

Offline ssmith

• Concours Owners Group
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2012, 11:33:58 AM »
Truth, the year I bought the Connie then the FJR I rode around around 25k a year. First year on FJR we rode 23,000 and I had about 5k on the SV then that fall Jeanice started school. In the next 4 years we have only put 42,000. Because weekend trips went to mostly zero for the sake of making the grade. She is continuing to grad school in the fall and I full expect to call her Dr. Wife.  We are hoping she ends up teaching college kids and we can ride some more in the summer. (another four years to go)

You did great... when I was pursuing electrical engineering undergrad at night my riding dwindled to 1000-2000 miles per northeast riding season. 
Steve Smith, COG #3184
Get your own official COG # by joining the Concours Owners Group, the premier sport-touring club for Concours enthusiasts and sport-touring riders.  Click here to learn more about club membership

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2012, 09:57:43 PM »
Gotta love them college girls...  ;)

Offline Timalan

« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2012, 06:39:23 AM »
'cept mine is older and MUCH wiser than that.