Author Topic: 50cc Ride Report  (Read 2155 times)

Offline accbiker

50cc Ride Report
« on: April 02, 2014, 08:17:15 PM »
For those that are interested, or just want something to cure their insomnia, here is a write-up of my recently completed 50cc on the C14.  I'm 70k into my 2010 and continue to love what it does no matter what I throw at her!

http://accbiker.blogspot.com/2014/03/50cc-adventure-march-13-23-2014.html

-David
Athens, GA
« Last Edit: April 03, 2014, 06:33:33 AM by accbiker »

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
Re: 50cc Ride Report
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2014, 09:16:52 PM »
Excellent David! You have accomplished a true feat, at least IMO, and did it safely and sanely. My most sincere congratulations!

Great write- up of the whole trip. I can tell by reading it that we have felt some of the same incredulity in crossing this entire country in 2 days.

I have delayed writing about my own trip for a few years now mostly because I have not been able to find the right context for what I would like to express about the trip. Your own story is a great motivator because it does not focus on the hardship or trials of such a run but rather the experiences one has on a ride like this, some expected and some not expected. I may try once again to sit down and put my thoughts into some kind of cohesive, sane order and express what it is like to make such a journey.

Again, a great ride and a great write- up. Wear the badge with pride; it is worth at least $0.11 or it is priceless, depending on your point of view.

Brian

For those that are interested, or just want something to cure their insomnia, here is a write-up of my recently completed 50cc on the C14.  I'm 70k into my 2010 and continue to love what it does no matter what I through at it!

http://accbiker.blogspot.com/2014/03/50cc-adventure-march-13-23-2014.html

-David
Athens, GA
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline accbiker

« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2014, 07:14:56 AM »
Thanks, Brian.  It is a great experience and one that I would recommend anyone, who is capable, of taking.  You don't necessarily have to do it in 50 hours, but the differences and vastness of the country cannot be appreciated at 30,000 feet in an airplane.

-David
Athens, GA

Offline AZ-ZG

« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2014, 09:41:53 PM »
Nice, Bro!
That is my next goal.  ;)
Lived in AZ for 15+ years so your journey reminds me how much I miss the desert vs. the swamp.    :)
I live. I ride. I am. ZG14 
IBA#53928

Offline Stubby

• 2011 Silver ABS Concours 1400
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2014, 10:01:44 AM »
Nice now I have more stuff to add to my riding list.  ;D
it's better to ask forgiveness than permission..... So I have been told