Author Topic: FS: C14 Corbin front and rear saddle (non heated)  (Read 5661 times)

Offline blackrat

FS: C14 Corbin front and rear saddle (non heated)
« on: December 29, 2013, 11:10:08 PM »
*SEAT SOLD*

*WINDSCREEN SOLD*

« Last Edit: February 07, 2014, 01:55:56 AM by blackrat »

Offline busatodd

Might be interested in seat. Can you send me more pick of seats especially any worn spots on it and where you said the rear backrest would be. Thanks.
Send them to
Busatodd@yahoo.com, I will get that on my phone.

Offline 2talltim

• 2008 C14
i would take the shield if it fit a 08 but i dont think it does

Offline Scaffolder

It will fit. I put mine from my 08 on my 10 and 11.
Joel from Maine.

Offline Pokey

• Arena
  • WESTERVILLE OHIO 'Twit"
Oh how I love my leather Corbin on my V-Strom, don't hesitate to buy this seat ladies and gents.
2006 DL1000  2006 SV650
08 C14 "gone"

"All we have to do is decide what to do with the time given to us". Gandalf the Grey

Offline busatodd

I sent him a pm but haven't heard anything from him.

Offline blackrat

sorry, had some activation issues and the new years didn't help matters.  ;D

For the seat, any areas showing wear have been shown in the pics. The imprint in the front saddle is shown in the second pic, the piping wear on the rear is show in the third and fourth pic, and a minor rub is shown in the fifth pic. The hoop part for a back rest is just a small ring of leather in the rear of the rear saddle. I don't have the back rest, I believe it can be ordered from Corbin or maybe it's for a universal set up. I will take more pics of both saddles along with the hoop and post them up tomorrrow.

As for the windscreen I'm reading that several people have it on their 08/09's with no issue.

http://www.zggtr.org/index.php?topic=12921.msg158354#msg158354

Offline 2talltim

• 2008 C14
is this shield a extra tall or just a standard domed?

Offline blackrat

It's the ultra tour domed, 17“. It's the second highest one behind the extra tall which is 19".

Offline 2talltim

• 2008 C14
This might be the one I already have ill have to check in the morning, hell I can't remember. I was hoping for the tallest one but if it's taller that what I currently have I might still be interested

Offline 2talltim

• 2008 C14
It's the ultra tour domed, 17“. It's the second highest one behind the extra tall which is 19".
Pm sent

Offline Canada-Dan

+1 on the seats. I've got the heated seats and I love them. Keeps the Mrs in her own seat for a change. As usual the Corbin is really hard but they do break in. I had one on my 1000Ninja and after about 10,000 miles it was perfect. I've got the tallest shield and love it   I'm about 5'10" at the highest position it's just at my vision line so I actually back it down a 1/2 inch or so
Great price

Offline 2talltim

• 2008 C14

Offline blackrat

Responded to all pms.

Offline blackrat

Re: FS: C14 Corbin front and rear saddle (non heated)
« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2014, 05:55:57 PM »
Windscreen is sold, updated first post.

Offline 2talltim

• 2008 C14
« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2014, 07:36:40 AM »
Got the screen earlier last week, just took it out of the box today, will be a week or two before i fit it(too damn cold here to heat the bike shed). Looks good and well packaged cant wait to try it out. FYI if i like it ill be selling my euro cut

Offline blackrat

« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2014, 03:57:24 PM »
Hope you're happy it. I don't know how tall you are but it made a nice pocket for me at full extension at freeway speeds.  :)

I lowered the price for the corbin seats.

Offline RidesConnie

« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2014, 12:15:57 PM »
Is the seat still available?  Do you have a photo of it installed that you can send me?  Lastly is the hardware off the seat?  Your pick shows some hardware off the seat.  Thanks

Chris
503-312-0180
Portland OR

Offline mvjr1904

« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2014, 12:40:13 PM »
Just commenting on the seat...... I have a heated rider and passenger Corbin seat.
The metal rod with the blue tape gets screwed onto the bike. I believe the blue tape is used so not to lose the screws while the rod is off the bike.
As far as the worn out piping, mine has the same wear marks but no part of my back or rear end touches the passenger pillion, except under aggressive acceleration, so maybe it is wear marks??

I believe the worn out piping is from not using a better quality piping not actual rub or wear marks. Just my opinion, no offense to Corbin implied.
2011 Silver C14 - Fastest
2002 Silver C10 - Fast
1994 Black FXDWG (because it didn't come in Silver)

Offline blackrat

« Reply #19 on: January 26, 2014, 01:04:31 PM »
I don't have the bike anymore so I can't show any pics of it installed. Corbin has several pics of it mounted on their site plus a few on here as well. As mvjr mentioned the black bar in the pics is the piece needed to mount the seat. The blue tape is indeed there to keep the two bolts from wandering away and getting lost in some nook in my garage.