Poll

Should Brian purchase a new C14? Answer like we're in the control room at NASA.

GO!
21 (100%)
No Go
0 (0%)
Better go ask Andrea first Brian.
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Voting closed: October 18, 2020, 05:33:50 PM

Author Topic: POLL: Should Brian (aka BDF) buy a new C14?  (Read 5866 times)

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
Re: POLL: Should Brian (aka BDF) buy a new C14?
« Reply #20 on: October 07, 2020, 04:41:54 PM »
BTW: been telling Andrea about this poll and while she wants to hold out for a 'no' or 'ask Andrea', she is bowing to the overwhelming weight of the forum......

:rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Brian
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline PH14

« Reply #21 on: October 07, 2020, 08:46:06 PM »
BTW: been telling Andrea about this poll and while she wants to hold out for a 'no' or 'ask Andrea', she is bowing to the overwhelming weight of the forum......

Brian

:rotflmao:

Offline Boomer

• Wickford, UK
    • Boomers GTR Site
« Reply #22 on: October 08, 2020, 06:45:35 AM »
Brian
Ok, so I'm somewhat overweight (400lbs :yikes:) but some of the others on here are positively whippet-like  :banana
 :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
 :popcorn:

Congrats on the decision to buy another C14 and good luck on the hunt.  ;D :thumbs:
George "Boomer" Garratt
Wickford, UK

Offline just gone

• COG#9712 '10 ABS
« Reply #23 on: October 08, 2020, 10:39:35 AM »

Brian

Well if she can remember her password, she gets a vote here same as anybody. She probably has more clout at home though.

andreaF
Last Active:
    February 11, 2017, 06:56:24 pm

Offline PH14

« Reply #24 on: October 08, 2020, 11:15:31 AM »
Maybe we should start a GoFundMe account for Brian, so he can buy Andrea flowers to help sway her opinion.

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #25 on: October 08, 2020, 02:04:32 PM »
Andrea is already thinking about riding, never mind trying to nix a purchase.

Found a few 2021's already at dealers, at least they are advertising them as 'in stock'. MSRP on all but no idea what they would actually sell for. Color is 'spark black' which is metallic black, not my favorite as I would prefer a solid color but I can live with it. Still have not seen the matt silver in the flesh and so am holding final judgement although as I have mentioned, I am not a fan of flat paint on vehicles so I doubt it will be OK.

My local dealer has a used '16 that is supposed to be really clean but as usual the price is too high- $12,700 if memory serves. I can buy a 2020 new for quite a bit less than that.
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #26 on: October 08, 2020, 02:11:41 PM »
Thanks for the congrats but I will have to have some minimums met before purchasing anything. Price is the first hurdle with the local dealers confused about MSRP being some kind of wall. The second problem is the flat paint on the '19 and '20 models.

And then, assuming I find one I still have to decide if the logistics can be made to work. Picking up a new bike and riding it home would not be a problem except for all the mods. needed to make the trip; some of the add- ons could be done in a dealer's parking lot such as taps for heated clothes, and maybe even windshield, saddle and peg changes. But cruise control is a bit much for a 'side of the road' job and honestly I do not know if I can put lots of hours in the saddle without one. No CC means I have to keep at least one hand on the bars and I have never done that for long....  :rotflmao: :rotflmao: But seriously, my right hand does cramp and become quite uncomfortable after some hours. No problem if the bike is, say, 300 miles away but another story if it is 2K miles out.

Brian

Ok, so I'm somewhat overweight (400lbs :yikes:) but some of the others on here are positively whippet-like  :banana
 :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
 :popcorn:

Congrats on the decision to buy another C14 and good luck on the hunt.  ;D :thumbs:

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #27 on: October 08, 2020, 03:53:52 PM »
But cruise control is a bit much for a 'side of the road' job and honestly I do not know if I can put lots of hours in the saddle without one. No CC means I have to keep at least one hand on the bars and I have never done that for long....

Well, unless it is really far, perhaps you can make due with a simple throttle lock?

No problem if the bike is, say, 300 miles away but another story if it is 2K miles out.

Yikes, I don't think I could go even several hundred miles, even with CC.  My body wouldn't take it.  But that is also a big risk to ride so far- what if the deal falls through or there are problems?
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #28 on: October 08, 2020, 04:31:22 PM »
It depends on how far- if it is 2,000 miles, that would be at least two days of riding and a throttle lock would get old. 500 miles on the other hand would be more achievable with a 'make do' device.

Of course I would do all I could to ensure the deal was solid, such as a very good understanding with the seller (a dealer exclusively if it was a long way away). That said, there is always the chance that such a deal would fall through at which point I would make my way back in the same manner I ventured out. Inconvenient certainly but not a life- altering event or even a major upset really.

It is this type of consideration that must be factored into the distance traveled to buy a vehicle. For example, every additional 500 miles is worth some amount of money; I would not travel 1,000 miles to buy anything I could procure locally for, say, $500 less in cost. But for a $4000 reduction in price, I could fly somewhere, ride home and still make it worthwhile, at least to me. What would be much, much easier would be to find a more local dealer that would get to within a thousand dollars or so of the best price available and just buy it there. Unfortunately, my closest dealer, while excellent, sells for top dollar and for a C-14 that means MSRP plus destination charges and I am not paying that for the commodity that is a C-14.

Brian

Well, unless it is really far, perhaps you can make due with a simple throttle lock?

Yikes, I don't think I could go even several hundred miles, even with CC.  My body wouldn't take it.  But that is also a big risk to ride so far- what if the deal falls through or there are problems?

Offline just gone

• COG#9712 '10 ABS
« Reply #29 on: October 09, 2020, 09:12:29 AM »
One color is never mentioned, is it because it's a flat out no? 2017 Candy Imperial Blue.

https://www.cycletrader.com/listing/2017-Kawasaki-Concours-14-ABS-5013720806

It's over priced a bit but they might work with you. ~650 miles away  ODO 14 miles

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #30 on: October 09, 2020, 11:25:32 AM »
Thanks- already saw that one. Blue is fine, and it is gloss so no problem there. But the bike is listed as used, not new, meaning the warranty 'clock' is already running, and nearly $13K is a bit high IMO for a used, four- year old C-14. As you mentioned they may be open to negotiation but I am still in the very early stages of just looking around and so would like to find a more attractive deal.

But again, thanks for the link Marty!

One color is never mentioned, is it because it's a flat out no? 2017 Candy Imperial Blue.

https://www.cycletrader.com/listing/2017-Kawasaki-Concours-14-ABS-5013720806

It's over priced a bit but they might work with you. ~650 miles away  ODO 14 miles

Offline PeteTN_zgtr

« Reply #31 on: October 16, 2020, 07:24:08 PM »
That is a nice looking blue. Price is high though.  Not sure where you are BDF. I've been browsing Cycletrader just for fun lately. There's a dealer in AL, Halls Motorsports that's asking $11,500 for new 2019's.

Actually looking just now, Owens Motorsports in Ill is asking the same for a new 2020. $13k for a 2017 is definitely high.

Offline connie_rider

« Reply #32 on: October 17, 2020, 07:59:40 AM »
I think BDF's in the Dallas/Ft Worth area.
BDF, in 2014 I bought mine from Kawasaki City in Irving as it was the best price in Texas.
Sales guy is Adrian.
I think they still have the best price and their near you.
NOTE: They sometimes also carry used or new Older models at great prices.

Just checked with Adrian and he has 1 new 2019 in stock, no used or NOS, should be receiving their 2021's in 1 month..
New 2019; (MSRP $15,599.00) (SALE PRICE $11,7999.00) (Out The Door IN TEXAS with TT&L $13,287.00)

https://www.kawasakicityirving.com/default.asp?page=xNewInventoryDetail&id=6288452&p=1&vc=sport%20touring&s=Year&d=D&vt=motorcycle%20%2F%20scooter&fr=xNewInventory

Ride safe, Ted

PS: If you go by there, tell Adrian that your the character I warned him about.  :rotflmao:

Offline just gone

• COG#9712 '10 ABS
« Reply #33 on: October 17, 2020, 08:17:05 AM »
I think he's in the Dallas/Ft Worth area.
BDF, in 2014 I bought mine from Kawasaki City in Irving as it was the best price in Texas.
Sales guy is Adrian.

Just checked with Adrian and he has 1 new 2019 in stock, no used or NOS, should be receiving their 2021's in 1 month..
New 2019; (MSRP $15,599.00) (SALE PRICE $11,7999.00) (Out The Door IN TEXAS with TT&L $13,287.00)

https://www.kawasakicityirving.com/default.asp?page=xNewInventoryDetail&id=6288452&p=1&vc=sport%20touring&s=Year&d=D&vt=motorcycle%20%2F%20scooter&fr=xNewInventory

Ride safe, Ted

PS: If you go by there, tell Adrian that your the character I warned him about.

Brian is in Rhode Island.

Offline connie_rider

« Reply #34 on: October 17, 2020, 08:22:40 AM »
OOps,,,,,,,

Ride safe, Ted

Offline just gone

• COG#9712 '10 ABS
« Reply #35 on: October 17, 2020, 08:38:59 AM »
OOps,,,,,,,

Ride safe, Ted

It was still nice of you to support this effort Ted in reaching out to Adrian. :thumbs:

Speaking of support, we need more votes folks! Poll closes soon. If we don't show enough support, Brian might just go off and buy a MultiStrada like Lather did. You know how those with long legs like to flaunt it sittin' on their high saddled DUCs, we can't be having any more of that now can we. So vote and vote often and if you can get around the forum software to do the latter, then you can probably get a high paying job (with some small bit of prison risk) in Chicago.

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #36 on: October 17, 2020, 12:59:55 PM »
Hey thanks twice Ted! Once for the thought and effort regarding the new bike, and once for mistaking me for a Texan, real or imagined. :-)  You probably thought that 'cause you figurd' any carpetbagging Yankee would have.... er, 'slipped' with the razor shaving a real Texan out of spite. Not so though, some of my favorite folk in COG are Texans, most home grown and a few interlopers that got in a- fore you closed the borders.

Yeah, that means you Marty, and yeah, it is a back- handed compliment. My favorite kind, outside of fore- handed compliments.

:rotflmao:  Three times.

OOps,,,,,,,

Ride safe, Ted

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #37 on: October 17, 2020, 01:11:07 PM »
Many thanks for the effort and info. Ted, I do appreciate it! Just under $12K is about the best price I have found for certain on a new 2020. I have found some for under $11K but they are a long way away, over 2,000 miles, and I have not gotten verification that that is the real, out- the- door price so I take them as 'fake news' until told otherwise by someone responsible at the dealership. I am willing to fly 'n ride but that does carry a significant cost and so must be considered in the final cost; I would pay an additional $1,000 for instance to buy locally and call it even.

That price, $11,800, is four grand less than my local dealer has offered and it is enough motivation to give it prime consideration. I did find one for $11,600 OTD in New Joisey, and that is attractive as it is driving distance, down and back. Plus Andrea would have to go with me and that should end the constant chirping about going anywhere with her- she would be afraid that I would go with her..... back to New Joisey! [joke- the majority of 'Jersey is actually beautiful IMO]

I think BDF's in the Dallas/Ft Worth area.
Sales guy is Adrian.

Ride safe, Ted

PS: If you go by there, tell Adrian that your the character I warned him about.  :rotflmao:

Offline just gone

• COG#9712 '10 ABS
« Reply #38 on: October 17, 2020, 01:26:14 PM »
Yeah, that means you Marty, and yeah, it is a back- handed compliment. My favorite kind, outside of fore- handed compliments.

I'll take one of your backhands any day, as long as it doesn't come with one of your "hugs".  ::)  ;D

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #39 on: October 17, 2020, 01:57:30 PM »
Well, at least you did not grab Mary Ann in any inappropriate places like Andrea did..... boy was that embarrassing for both of them. I really do not know why she did that in the first place- she claims it was to stop from falling. Yeah, sure.

That reminds me, with Covid, I have not gotten (or is that given) a 'Mary Ann hug' in a long me..... she must be really missing that by now. :-(

I'll take one of your backhands any day, as long as it doesn't come with one of your "hugs".  ::)  ;D