Author Topic: Freeing up rotor buttons  (Read 8526 times)

Offline clogan

Re: Freeing up rotor buttons
« Reply #20 on: May 14, 2013, 07:49:44 PM »
Cages are a 45 minute job, even for a guy with a bad back!!

Install of fronts involves only 3 bolts. Did mine, including rears, in maybe 20 minutes, tops. Put it on the center stand first.
2010 Neptune blue C14
2009 blue KLR
2013 DRZ400

Son of Pappy

« Reply #21 on: May 14, 2013, 07:54:24 PM »
Install of fronts involves only 3 bolts. Did mine, including rears, in maybe 20 minutes, tops. Put it on the center stand first.
That's too quick, if it is only a one beer job Jim will keep putting it off.  45 minutes is good for at least 2, maybe 3 beers, with a fourth to admire, and fifth to clean up the tools ;D

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #22 on: May 14, 2013, 09:05:02 PM »
Cages are a 45 minute job, even for a guy with a bad back!!

If you say so, Mr. "Silverylightblue!!"  :)
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Son of Pappy

« Reply #23 on: May 14, 2013, 10:07:27 PM »
If you say so, Mr. "Silverylightblue!!"  :)
With a hint of green to highlight it's heritage ;D

Offline Conrad

« Reply #24 on: May 15, 2013, 04:31:38 AM »
Go put em on Sparky, I'll play the role of mod while you're away...

Trust me, no inappropriate pics will be posted while I'm running the show...  ;D :chugbeer:

:rotflmao:
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Conrad

« Reply #25 on: May 15, 2013, 04:33:34 AM »
My kingdom for a Time Lord.  You know there's never one about when you need one...  My problem dear Max is time or lack thereof.  I'm working various weekends and the ones I don't I'm with the family.  Now that it's staying lighter I have more time after work but the kettle is on the boil and we're so easily called away.....anyway you get the point, I'm sure.  I'm also replacing a rear tire and changing the battery in the rear TPMS.  So much work so little time...

Sing it with me now.

Hands across the water water, heads across the sky.

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #26 on: May 15, 2013, 04:37:52 AM »
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #27 on: May 15, 2013, 04:39:03 AM »
Sing it with me now.

Hands across the water water, heads across the sky.

I can actually hear that song in my head under the helmet....so that's where the voices come from.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #28 on: May 15, 2013, 04:39:59 AM »
To everyone, nothing takes me 20 minutes to accomplish.  I have to actually think about it for awhile.  I guess I'm much like an Ent in that regard.  What usually happens is that I lose a screw or bolt, have to go to the hardware store, get distracted while there, then forget why I'm there, make a trip to the antique store down the road, then get a coke Icee at Burger King, and then it's beer time and darkness has fallen and I'm back on the forum again.  I just don't have any free time at all.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #29 on: May 15, 2013, 04:59:22 AM »
Hey, what's that shinny thing over there in the corner?

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #30 on: May 15, 2013, 05:22:07 AM »
The story of my life...  For example, I needed to order a soldering gun this morning.  It took me at least 30 minutes to do so as I kept on being distracted.

Offline tjpgi

« Reply #31 on: May 15, 2013, 06:53:55 AM »

I tried that trick.....didn't work....much.   The first one I tried moved just a very tiny bit and I couldn't get any more movement out of it.  Not like those youtube videos show.
I should have stated my rotor buttons are OEM not EBC ( didn't think about square buttons :o)
2011 GSXR 1000
2009 Concours ABS
1976 KZ900
1991 Sportster XLH 1200

Offline Conrad

« Reply #32 on: May 15, 2013, 08:35:35 AM »

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #33 on: May 15, 2013, 10:34:50 AM »
With a hint of green to highlight it's heritage ;D

8) :thumbs: :chugbeer:

Offline ZG

• Arena

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #35 on: May 15, 2013, 10:38:57 AM »
^^^^^^^ correct buttons to be discussing
“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #36 on: May 04, 2018, 07:37:34 PM »
I actually have replacement brake pads now, real Kawasaki ones.  Assuming the weather and my friend will cooperate, I might have front pads replaced tomorrow.

But I do have what feels like a little bit of warp which is especially noticeable at lower speed with lighter braking.  I remembered the talk about the bobbins, and think I should probably try to free and clean them.  Saw this interesting video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZ0cVRfw14A

So I might try it to see if it helps.  Not sure if I should try any type of lubricant or just brake cleaner.   Don't like the idea of any lubricant getting near the rotors.  Hmm.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #37 on: May 05, 2018, 09:06:24 PM »
So I might try it to see if it helps.  Not sure if I should try any type of lubricant or just brake cleaner.   Don't like the idea of any lubricant getting near the rotors.  Hmm.

Used the method in the video, with brake cleaner only.  It actually works.  Takes a while, though.  So far, the slight feeling of warpage seems to be gone, although I didn't ride it much (just highway back home).  Time will tell...