Author Topic: What did you do to your Concours today?  (Read 861012 times)

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
Re: What did you do to your Concours today?
« Reply #2940 on: December 24, 2017, 07:02:21 AM »
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #2941 on: December 24, 2017, 07:07:17 AM »
But you got the forks out of the Dodge. You're a man of may vehicles.

Offline Rob9876

• Beginner Motorcycling
« Reply #2942 on: January 10, 2018, 12:08:04 PM »
Got to ride the Connie to work for the first time this year -- we've got a glorious sunny day in the low-60s.  We'll be back to cold by the weekend, so had to seize the day!
2015 Kawasaki Concours 14 ABS, 2014 Kawasaki Versys ABS, 2006 Kawasaki Vulcan 500 (sold)
Beginner Motorcycling

Offline tomp

« Reply #2943 on: January 10, 2018, 12:32:42 PM »
Still have the damn flu.  No work, no riding to work.  Texas winter, hi 60's one day, freezing the next, and it's time for the freezing to return.  Hope all who can ride, enjoy and be safe. 

FWIW, hadn't ridden it in a few weeks, and found the new battery dead.  Some charging and all good now, but like mentioned above, these bikes can be tough on batteries.  tp  dd50
Living in the Texas Coast...

Offline Thunderlizard

« Reply #2944 on: January 24, 2018, 08:58:49 AM »
Added MC Enterprises Canyon bars to my '16 last night. I was a bit worried from some of the posts I've read, but I took my sweet ol' time and was done in 1 hour. They are very well made, and while the instructions were ok (not super clear) I believe anyone attempting to do the install should be able to figure them out.  Agreed that a ratcheting box wrench for the lock nut on the support inside the fairing would have been nice, but after about 100 wrench flips and some relaxed patience and all was just fine! ;-)
Now I can buy a nice set of pegs for it and I'll be able to stretch these long legs a bit! Woohoo!!!
I never ride alone...my Lord and Savior is always with me.

2016 GTR1400 Silver, Shoodaben Hammer Flash! Puig Windshield, AVT PullBack Risers, Grabon Covers, AVT Peg Lowers, Wireless Phone Ram Mount, Canyon Bars with Foot Pegs, Sheepskin Saddle cover, AST Backrest and luggage rack... More to come...
Instagram: markjamesholland

Offline Poseidon

• Arena
« Reply #2945 on: January 24, 2018, 03:59:44 PM »
Ordered parts to get my Zumo 590 mounted and wired up.
2017 Concours 14
2016 Victory Magnum
2013 M109R
2016 Can Am Spyder F3T - Wife's bike

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #2946 on: January 29, 2018, 05:54:35 PM »
I got one fork half way installed...
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Rob9876

• Beginner Motorcycling
« Reply #2947 on: January 29, 2018, 06:25:24 PM »
Took the long way to work today -- every chance to ride in January is a gift!
2015 Kawasaki Concours 14 ABS, 2014 Kawasaki Versys ABS, 2006 Kawasaki Vulcan 500 (sold)
Beginner Motorcycling

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #2948 on: January 29, 2018, 09:18:34 PM »
+1.  Did that Saturday.

Offline Poseidon

• Arena
« Reply #2949 on: January 29, 2018, 09:23:22 PM »
I got a ride in on Saturday too. First ride 2 up. Only because I have my wife's Spyder pulled apart doing some winter mods. She said it was a comfortable ride, but she would rather be riding her Spyder. Finishing her mods is first up on the honey do list this weekend!
2017 Concours 14
2016 Victory Magnum
2013 M109R

Offline mikeyw64

• Arena
« Reply #2950 on: January 30, 2018, 12:57:26 AM »
well technically it was Friday:)

Tooke the GTR in for her MOT (annual safety test/check), flew through apart from a new number/license plate light being needed. Which was annoying as I'm sure it was working when I checked on Thursday. Oh well, they do say the MOT is only really valid for the time its done even though the ticket is for 12 months.
--
space reserved for humourous sig file

Offline Poseidon

• Arena
« Reply #2951 on: February 05, 2018, 01:34:33 AM »
Cold rainy weather this weekend so I did some mods. Installed my Garmin Zumo on the Concours.

I also installed LED head lights, LED fog lights, heated grips, a slip grip phone mount, and installed a Garmin Zumo on my wife's Spyder. I have her Garmin integrated into the stereo so that it interrupts the music for directions.

2017 Concours 14
2016 Victory Magnum
2013 M109R

Offline Justcliff

« Reply #2952 on: February 05, 2018, 07:07:08 AM »
Here in central Arkansas, the weather is decent, but that doesn't mean it doesn't rain and make things otherwise unpleasant weather-wise.

I'm in central AR also, where are you?

I host a COG event at my place in April, normally riders from about a dozen states in attendance. I'll have to get a link posted on this site. Until then all the info is on the other site, Horseshoe Mountain Rendezvous #5. Four day camping event, you should look at trying to make it or anyone else here for that matter.

We should meet up & ride sometime!
Cliff

2008 C14, 250,000 miles & counting!  2014 V-Strom 1000
IBA#66047

Offline just gone

• COG#9712 '10 ABS
« Reply #2953 on: February 05, 2018, 11:35:12 AM »
I'm in central AR also, where are you?

Here ya go Cliff:

In other news, rode 200+ miles from the Mississippi Delta to Little Rock, AR, where the Connie will set up permanent residence.

The bike will be much more entertained with the Ozarks beckoning nearby.

Offline just gone

• COG#9712 '10 ABS
« Reply #2954 on: February 05, 2018, 11:40:44 AM »
Cold rainy weather this weekend so I did some mods. Installed my Garmin Zumo on the Concours.

You be careful with that. I realize that not everybody has the same problem as I do, but many do. That GPS is pretty low....if you have any close calls while your head is down and locked on something on that screen....take it as a warning to move it higher on either handle bar or wherever. If you just tell yourself that it won't happen again and you'll just be more careful next time....you may not get to see the next time.

OK, I'm done preaching. :-X

Offline Poseidon

• Arena
« Reply #2955 on: February 05, 2018, 02:31:38 PM »
You be careful with that. I realize that not everybody has the same problem as I do, but many do. That GPS is pretty low....if you have any close calls while your head is down and locked on something on that screen....take it as a warning to move it higher on either handle bar or wherever. If you just tell yourself that it won't happen again and you'll just be more careful next time....you may not get to see the next time.

My main reason for using it is to see how sharp upcoming curves are in the mountains. I also like to know if there are side streets or intersections up around the next bend. I don't like coming around a curve to find someone pulling out in front of me. On the familiar roads, I don't look at it at all. I rarely use a GPS for directions. When I do, they are bluetoothed to my helmet. I only give it an occasional glance when needed. I'm not a screen watcher.

I do have the GPS higher on my Magnum. The speedo on my M109R is on the tank. In all honesty, I probably look at the speed more than the GPS and low speedo has never been a problem for me... except when I don't look at frequently enough and the area's finest decide to tell me how fast I was going. Hahaha
2017 Concours 14
2016 Victory Magnum
2013 M109R

Online maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #2956 on: February 05, 2018, 03:07:30 PM »
The problem is that there aren't many places to mount a GPS on the Concours that doesn't cover something you might want to see.  Where he mounted his Zumo, is the same place I did (before I finally threw it away and replaced it with just using a phone mount there).  It is not ideal, but if you are careful, it is generally OK.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline mikeyw64

• Arena
« Reply #2957 on: February 06, 2018, 01:56:14 AM »

I find that the perfect position, doesn't really obscure anything and I only ever glance briefly at the screen anyways.

If you need your head stuck in it for any reason you should be stationary
--
space reserved for humourous sig file

Offline Dan Forker

« Reply #2958 on: February 08, 2018, 01:08:21 PM »

I had my Zumo mounted on the right brake reservoir and low sided the bike trying to look for a turnoff on the gps while going into a left corner outside of Eureka Springs, Arkansas. It was my stupid mistake but the location of the gps was a contributing factor. When I replaced that bike with a new 2012 C14, I purchased a shelf that mounts above the instrument cluster and right in the center of the bike. Purchased the shelf from Kawasaki Police. It is mounted high enough that I never take my vision off of my path of travel and it doesn't obscure my vision.

Offline just gone

• COG#9712 '10 ABS
« Reply #2959 on: February 08, 2018, 02:12:38 PM »
I purchased a shelf that mounts above the instrument cluster and right in the center of the bike. Purchased the shelf from Kawasaki Police. It is mounted high enough that I never take my vision off of my path of travel and it doesn't obscure my vision.

I did the same thing, but I got a lot of terminator flak for it. Your install probably looks a lot cleaner than mine especially after I updated it.