Author Topic: Kawasaki Touring Seat  (Read 40058 times)

Offline eng943

Re: Kawasaki Touring Seat
« Reply #40 on: June 11, 2018, 01:51:25 PM »
Had a Laam seat on my C14, and my observations were the same as the OP. Constantly sliding forward out of the pocket, and the material was either too hard or too thinly padded. I ordered a touring seat from my dealer for $482.00, and I am much happier with it. Nothing at all against Seth, he makes a great seat, and his seat was much more comfortable than the stock seat, but it fell short of what I needed. 

No more sliding forward, and the seat is quite comfortable.   
2017 C14 - AST Risers / Peg Lowering kit / mccruise /Garmin 595/Shoodaben MR / Area P / Kawi Touring Seat.
Second Bike 2017 BMW R12R

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #41 on: June 11, 2018, 03:25:35 PM »
Damn, I wish I could use it.  But I can't use anything higher than the Sargent low.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline Tree

• 21 Year Submarine Veteran - GO NAVY!
« Reply #42 on: June 11, 2018, 05:52:12 PM »
Partzilla.  $413 with free shipping built into the price.  Now, does anyone need a stock seat?  I know a guy.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #43 on: June 12, 2018, 04:22:14 AM »
I have one complain about the Kaw touring seat. I'm not sure if mine is defective or if this is the way they come from Kawasaki.

In both of the seating areas it seems that the outside cover doesn't stick to the pad (or whatever is directly under the cover). It's like they needed to spray some stickum on the pad(s) before the installation of the cover and this wasn't done. So if you press your hand down on the cover there's a pocket of air that gets forced out on both the driver's and the passenger's seating area. It's not a big deal but it just doesn't seem right and with this pocket or air I'm concerned that the seat could rip more easily. Once you sit on it the air pocket goes away of course.

You guys that have this seat, is yours like that?

I could take some pics if you don't get what I'm asking?   
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Snype

« Reply #44 on: July 01, 2018, 09:34:08 AM »
Does everyone have the loose skin issue?  I am really close to ordering one of these.  Currently, I have a Rick Mayer's on there; but the leather makes the tank-slide issue horrid.  Even more, I am noticing that the seat mod did something to the rigidity of the seat, making it unlatch itself during rides. 

So, how is the construction of the OEM Touring saddle?  How well does it cure tank slide?

Snype

Offline PH14

« Reply #45 on: July 01, 2018, 10:39:03 AM »
Does everyone have the loose skin issue?  I am really close to ordering one of these.  Currently, I have a Rick Mayer's on there; but the leather makes the tank-slide issue horrid.  Even more, I am noticing that the seat mod did something to the rigidity of the seat, making it unlatch itself during rides. 

So, how is the construction of the OEM Touring saddle?  How well does it cure tank slide?

Snype

I think it is fantastic. I do not slide forward and it is very comfortable. The "loose skin" is by design I am sure. If if it is glued to the foam, the seat will feel more hard. Sargent makes their seats this way too, though the Sargent seat top is not as puffy. It is a non-issue. I find the seat also does not heat up in the sun as much as any other seat I have used.

I have stopped using the AirHawk with this seat. It has been very comfortable for me without it. I have used it on a number of 800+ mile days so far and it has been great.

Offline Tree

• 21 Year Submarine Veteran - GO NAVY!
« Reply #46 on: July 01, 2018, 05:35:43 PM »
Please understand that I am offering my opinion as a rider.  I'm not an expert at much, if anything.  I am not happy with the Kawasaki Touring Seat.  In my opinion it is shaped exactly the same as stock with very little difference in foam placement.  It still slopes forward.  The only real difference is the texture of the covering which has more friction.  That's it.

The truth is I think I have been searching for a solution that does not exist because I have ridden on Big Boy saddles on a different style of motorcycle for many years.  The riding position on a cruiser is different and there can be no turning a Connie into a cruiser.  Just isn't going to happen.

Please refer to the first sentence if I touched a nerve.  There is no need to debunk an opinion.  Thx.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #47 on: July 02, 2018, 06:51:06 AM »

Snype

The texture of the seat does cure tank slide for the driver and the passenger. I bought this seat for one reason only, so that my wife would be more comfortable. For that it works. For solo rides I still prefer the Kaw low gel seat. When I'm riding the twisties (such as they are in Illinois) I like to move around on the seat. The texture on the 'new' Kaw touring seat makes that more difficult.
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline PH14

« Reply #48 on: July 02, 2018, 10:52:15 AM »
The texture of the seat does cure tank slide for the driver and the passenger. I bought this seat for one reason only, so that my wife would be more comfortable. For that it works. For solo rides I still prefer the Kaw low gel seat. When I'm riding the twisties (such as they are in Illinois) I like to move around on the seat. The texture on the 'new' Kaw touring seat makes that more difficult.

I seem to have no real difficulty sliding on the seat for the twisties. We have plenty here in Western Pennsylvania and West Virginia.  It may be my choice of riding pants though. I wear AGV Teluride pants.

Though the material does offer better "stickiness," I think a big factor in why I do not slide forward on it is that the foam does not break down as much as you ride, so the front doesn't lower as much through compression.

Offline FIX UR CRITTER

« Reply #49 on: August 13, 2018, 07:49:37 PM »
Please understand that I am offering my opinion as a rider.  I'm not an expert at much, if anything.  I am not happy with the Kawasaki Touring Seat.  In my opinion it is shaped exactly the same as stock with very little difference in foam placement.  It still slopes forward.  The only real difference is the texture of the covering which has more friction.  That's it.

The truth is I think I have been searching for a solution that does not exist because I have ridden on Big Boy saddles on a different style of motorcycle for many years.  The riding position on a cruiser is different and there can be no turning a Connie into a cruiser.  Just isn't going to happen.

Howdy Tree. I feel your pain. I have spent a lot to get my connie to be more of a cruiser. It costs a bunch but can be done. Day long seat, lowering links and 10" high adjustable bars from Helibars- plus a barndoor shield from jurock.. oh yeah, canyon cages with harley highway pegs.. im sitting tall and pretty.. well not too pretty, but really straight... as much as i like the DL seat, Im gonna try the Kawi touring, cuz i try everything, looking for perfect... cant wait to give my report.
Prevent a litter, Fix ur Critter
PLEASE neuter all your pets.. there are millions of starving strays that wish you did.
'08 C-14, '08 Bandit 1250
'08 SV650, '07 YZ250F

Offline Tri-J

• 2017 Concours 14
« Reply #50 on: August 13, 2018, 10:57:46 PM »
I'll add 2 more cents-I was happy with the stock seat when I first got my bike (about 5 months ago), along with Murphs's lowered pegs. I commute on my bike 15 miles one way. All was good until the last month or so, noticed the butt burn was starting. With the mostly positive reviews, I ordered the Kawasaki touring seat from Partzilla-best price, fast shipping.

For comparison, I have 36" inseam and 36" sleeve length (6'2")

I put the new touring seat on a few days ago and found it very comfortable. It's like comparing a foam rubber seat to a memory foam seat. I don't feel the slide forward, but I sit at the very rear of the driver seat.

Feels like a keeper!

Offline FIX UR CRITTER

« Reply #51 on: September 20, 2018, 07:32:30 PM »
After several hundred miles on the touring seat i will say that it is far superior than the stock for both myself and wife. Also better than the saddleman and corbin seat we tried previously. But  after a couple hours or so it started to cause a little butt fatigue. Im sure it would get better the more you get used to it. We both loved how it seems to absorb bumps better than any seat we have been on. Ultimately we decided to keep the Russell day long.
Prevent a litter, Fix ur Critter
PLEASE neuter all your pets.. there are millions of starving strays that wish you did.
'08 C-14, '08 Bandit 1250
'08 SV650, '07 YZ250F

Offline Snype

« Reply #52 on: September 24, 2018, 10:40:31 PM »
Ok... I got one.  I have to say I like it a lot.  It's not a perfect seat by any means; however, it almost completely took away tank slide, which was my biggest issue.  It's a little wide at the front, giving me a little pinch in the legs when I am standing still; they could have shaped it better.  Frankly, the textured seat makes a massive different. 

I have not take it longer than 5 hours; but it was great for that.

Thanks for the info guys

Snype

Offline katata1100

« Reply #53 on: September 26, 2018, 08:05:35 PM »
Can anyone compare it to a regular Sargent seat?

Offline mrmatty8

« Reply #54 on: October 13, 2018, 07:06:21 PM »
Ok, ???  Where is the lowest price for this touring seat? 

Partszilla.........$434.48
powersportswarehouse.com............wont accept the coupon code stated here......$534.95+shipping($16.38)= $551.33 !

Does anyone know where I can purchase it cheaper?  Thank you, Mr Matt

Offline BigSherm

« Reply #55 on: July 24, 2021, 02:28:18 PM »
https://www.cmsnl.com/search/?section=all&q=999941575&tab=
Sells it with free shipping, for 367 euros, which today is $432.
F*** it, I’m going for a ride.

Offline speedracersworld

• 817-821-0448
    • Speedracersworld
« Reply #56 on: August 05, 2021, 07:32:27 PM »
Why didn't/ hasn't Kawasaki put "The Touring Seat" on their Touring Bike? Even the H2 SX has stiff foam! I've tried 5 different seats on my C14 & haven't found the comfortable seat yet. Gonna try inserting a Gel Pad in mine.
There's more to Life than the Mainstream Media or "Reality" TV! Question Everything!

2008 Atomic Silver C-14

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #57 on: August 06, 2021, 05:45:37 AM »
Why didn't/ hasn't Kawasaki put "The Touring Seat" on their Touring Bike? Even the H2 SX has stiff foam! I've tried 5 different seats on my C14 & haven't found the comfortable seat yet. Gonna try inserting a Gel Pad in mine.

I wouldn't recommend that.  I did that on my ZRX and regretted it.  It would get so hot, especially any time in the sun, that sitting on it was painful.  And so cold for so long in the winter.  And it would get much harder when cold.  Plus it was less comfortable, overall.  Perhaps it was just the brand of gel pad I used, perhaps my installation method.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline speedracersworld

• 817-821-0448
    • Speedracersworld
« Reply #58 on: August 06, 2021, 03:45:17 PM »
I wouldn't recommend that.  I did that on my ZRX and regretted it.  It would get so hot, especially any time in the sun, that sitting on it was painful.  And so cold for so long in the winter.  And it would get much harder when cold.  Plus it was less comfortable, overall.  Perhaps it was just the brand of gel pad I used, perhaps my installation method.

Thanks, that is Valuable information!!
There's more to Life than the Mainstream Media or "Reality" TV! Question Everything!

2008 Atomic Silver C-14

Offline Texas Concours14

« Reply #59 on: August 10, 2021, 10:10:52 AM »
I have to agree completely with Tree's comment from 2018:

I tried every option to make my stock 2010 seat work - butt pads, air hawk, etc. Seat was good for 1 hour of riding. Was able to get it to 5-6 hours with Alaska Leather butt pads and air hawk but still sore at the end of the day. Bought the Kawasaki Touring seat (not gel seat) after positive reviews in this forum and other forum, but it was little different. Primary problem was that it was still sloped forward and not all that comfy. Same pressure points. Finally did what I should have done on day one - sent my seat to Russell Day Long. I can ride all day long with the RDL seat. Highly recommended.
2010 C14 ABS