Author Topic: Does anyone have an OEM Kawasaki “KQR” luggage rack?  (Read 2125 times)

Offline philipintexas

• Phils Farkels
Does anyone have an OEM Kawasaki “KQR” luggage rack?
« on: April 20, 2018, 04:13:30 PM »
If you have one that you could live without for about a week, I need to borrow one so I can take measurements to verify the OEM KQR Trunk will fit a MonoKEY setup. I’ll pay shipping and all cost if I could borrow it for a short time. No harm will come to it, all I need to do is measure parts. I live in TX. Thanks.
Need a better luggage rack?  www.philsfarkels.com

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
Re: Does anyone have an OEM Kawasaki “KQR” luggage rack?
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2018, 04:34:21 AM »
Did you ever get a response to this?
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline philipintexas

• Phils Farkels
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2018, 08:42:15 AM »
Not yet. There is a rider here in TX who has one on order and I may be able to get some measurements. Sure wish I could get confirmation from Kaw. or Givi that the KQR is MonoKEY compatible.

Offline just gone

• COG#9712 '10 ABS
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2018, 11:32:29 AM »
Not yet. There is a rider here in TX who has one on order and I may be able to get some measurements. Sure wish I could get confirmation from Kaw. or Givi that the KQR is MonoKEY compatible.

Seems doubtful looking at it, however with a weight limit of only 5 lbs, why would it matter? They make more than one model, but the models I've checked/found all have the same low weight limit. Sorry if I'm sticking my nose in your bidness Phillip, but since we are waiting I thought maybe some discussion would help the time go by.
 If not, then just ignore me. I'm used to it. :(
« Last Edit: April 27, 2018, 05:24:37 PM by fartymarty »

Offline philipintexas

• Phils Farkels
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2018, 12:45:41 PM »
Always eager for input. My dealer didn’t have one and he quoted a price of $144 for a plastic rack. I just want to be sure my rack + MonoKEY kit accepts the KQR trunk. It’s supposed to fit but some have said it doesn’t. Hopefully I’ll get one so I can make whatever changes may be needed. The trunk looks good but not everyone wants more plastic under it.

I’d really like to hear from someone who has the KQR trunk fitted to my rack + kit. or any other brand rack.

Offline just gone

• COG#9712 '10 ABS
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2018, 05:24:00 PM »
Always eager for input. My dealer didn’t have one and he quoted a price of $144 for a plastic rack. I just want to be sure my rack + MonoKEY kit accepts the KQR trunk. It’s supposed to fit but some have said it doesn’t. Hopefully I’ll get one so I can make whatever changes may be needed. The trunk looks good but not everyone wants more plastic under it.

I’d really like to hear from someone who has the KQR trunk fitted to my rack + kit. or any other brand rack.

Ahhhh...well then...not what I was looking at....disregard what I said..I was totally off base.

You were referring to this:

While I was looking at this:

Serves me right for sticking my nose in your bidness. I thought maybe you were expanding into other models.

Offline overthehill

« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2018, 02:25:54 PM »
I was able to acquire a KQR, Kawasaki rack on this forum.  The KQR rack apparently has a variation during build with regard to the required base.  I was not able to acquire the rack, but was able to work with Phil to take measurements of the box.  Under Phil's direction, the KQR was discovered to have a slight difference than the GIVI.  Phil was awesome to work with and incorporated the measurements into a rack.  The rack fits perfectly.  Thanks Phil for a great product and working with me to "get it right".
1987 Connie gone
2003 Goldwing (yikes, no lean angle) gone
1999 Connie gone
2008 Connie

Offline davygoat2

• 1st 9months in water, pretty sure I'm waterproof
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2018, 05:41:35 AM »
2017 Councours 14, just got my topcase and the rack to swap from stock
Will that help?

Offline philipintexas

• Phils Farkels
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2018, 11:09:57 AM »
Thanks DAVYGOAT2, I think I have the correct measurements for the KQR. They seem to be slightly different than the Givi Monokey setup.