Author Topic: Question for the "Lowered" guys, or not lowered...  (Read 1692 times)

Offline TAL2013C14

Question for the "Lowered" guys, or not lowered...
« on: August 05, 2018, 02:33:28 PM »
Hello Folks,

Quick questions for anyone that has lowered their C14.  (Or not lowered for that matter.)

Have you ever hit your lower fairing on anything since you lowered your bike?  Like for instance, a speed bump.

Just curious.  I lowered my C14 last year, and haven't bottomed out on anything yet, but man that fairing looks low.

Thanks!

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• Arena
  • WHISKEY.Tango.Foxtrot.
Re: Question for the "Lowered" guys, or not lowered...
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2018, 06:50:28 PM »
seems we are playing another 'both forum' answer search... so, even tho I answered you on the other one, I'll answer here, for the benefit of those with the same question...

only thing people have reported as 'damaged' were on '08-'09 models, which had a little protective 'protrusion' by the drain bolt of the oil pan... it was changed in '10 and up to today's models, to not have that protrusion...
I haven't heard much after they switched pans.. so can't comment on anything else being 'smacked' by a speed bump...

depending how much you lower it, makes a difference on later models possibly..
we have seen some fractured right handlbar castings, where people lowered the front to a point where the fork top rested on the bar castings, but that's all we have so far..
Time will tell as far as the result on the rear quadralink, and it's effects on driveline failures... I suspect we will see some associated to it, but who can really say what caused them.  There have been a couple, and I say that toungue in cheek, just a couple, that went wayyy overboard on lowering, and had tires hit the inner rear fender line.. but the company that made those links folded up.. so we are safe... unless someone goes too far.

46 YEARS OF KAW.....  47 years of DEVO..

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2018, 08:39:27 PM »
Already covered in great detail

http://www.zggtr.org/index.php?topic=260.0
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline TAL2013C14

« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2018, 09:41:19 AM »
Thanks guys!

Offline TAL2013C14

« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2018, 10:10:42 AM »
Already covered in great detail

http://www.zggtr.org/index.php?topic=260.0

Thanks maxtog, just re-read this thread, I forgot all the great information contained within!

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2018, 11:26:04 AM »
Thanks maxtog, just re-read this thread, I forgot all the great information contained within!

It is a bit overwhelming, but lots of stuff covered.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc